Saturday NHL picks

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
After lots of capping and thinking (hopefully not overthinking), here are my plays:

After a tiring defeat in NY (3-1 to the Rangers) the Caps travel to Buffalo to face the Sabres, who finally shook off the rust and beat lowly Thrashers convincingly. Their probable starter between the pipes will be Brent Johnson, who has a solid record against Buffalo, but is still their 2nd choice goalie, behind club legend Olaf Kolzig who was in net last night.
I'm sure we'll see a lot of scoring here, I'm not laying the chalk with Buffalo after all, I was leaning -1,5 @ 2.30 but I'll skip it and take the over 6.5 instead.
Ovechkin and co. should be able to pose a threat for the Sabres who haven't had a wonderful time killing their penalties so far, and the Sabres will try to ride the momentum from their last win. Expecting a 6-4 kind of game.

Sabres - Capitals over 6 goals (1.91 @ Pinnacle)

At first I wanted to take Toronto as they're riding a convincing breakout win of their own (similar as Buffalo) but I'm not sure in their defense, and I'm not sure they have the necessary consistency as of yet.
The Pens on the other hand, I'm a big fan of. Not so much the franchise but this generation of mega-talents (Staal, Crosby, Malkin, Fleury...).

The thing is, Crosby is playing with a slight injury, Staal still hasn't recorded a point, Malkin isn't playing well, these guys are still not clicking. When they finally do, beware. I do expect them to score on Toskala and shaky Leafs' D more than once tonight. I would also expect Toronto to be able to work through Fleury who hasn't been great so far.

Leafs - Pens over 6.5 goals (1.94 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

The Rangers have had some solid games and also some very bad ones. They have considerable talent, but they also have some older players who aren't playing the way they used to, which is rather normal. They managed to overcome the Caps last night but I'm not so sure whether they can play as successfully on b2b against (so far) league's top team.
The Senators are coming off a home loss against the Canes, but I like their chances of bouncing back in Madison Square Garden tonight.

Senators ML (1.92 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

Good luck guys. :cheers:

GL Satyr, out on the golf course all day today, heading out thus no time to cap anything today so Im sitting it out personally. First instinct would be these plays though.

What we want is a powerful home fav we can lay 1.5 with. Just don't see it. These are reasonable. Definitely tempted by Toronto over. We will see. GL Actually let me make one thing clear. I am considering Minn not Coyotes. Last year Minn was 5-0 the game before Anaheim. Knowing the goalie today would help. Later

GL Tuck & Terp.

:shake:

Tuck, why would you say that we're looking for a fav to lay 1.5 with? :D I'm down for anything really, find me a nice doggy and I'll play it.

Sorry for misreading, Minnesota could be a decent bet but too much road chalk...can't pull the trigger on it.

GL whatever you choose. :shake:

And yes, I forgot to state last season Pittsburgh and Toronto combined for 3 overs and 1 under.

Mar 31, 2007 5 - 4 A. Raycroft T. Kaberle
Feb 10, 2007 6 - 5 M. Fleury J. Staal
Jan 20, 2007 8 - 2 M. Fleury M. Recchi
Dec 29, 2006 4 - 1 M. Fleury S. Gonchar

And those overs went WAY over. Hoping for a similar game tonight.

Thanks Catfood, GL tonight, let's cash em. Hope you'll stick around so we can comment on the games live.

:shake: :cheers:

Thanks Cole.

Wohooo a sweep. A small celebration is in order after this.:cheers:

money;money;money;:smiley_abvm:

Now 8-0-2, +34.23 units on the season. :smiley_acbe:

Nice sweep Satyr! I went 1-1, although Im kicking myself a bit, I too had a strong lean for the panthers and chose not to play it.

Back