Saturday NBA picks + writeups

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Utah (-8) (1.92 @ Pinnacle)

No love for the Jazz right now by the punters but I'm on them again. They might have take a bump by losing the turkish Iron man Mehmet Okur (233 consecutive starts) and AK 47 but they have Carlos Boozer back, who played limited minutes last night and will probably see a similar situation tonight. However, the Jazz are more than just Okur or Boozer, their depth is second to none.
With Deron Williams back in the lineup and Okur - AK 47 questionable I'm willing to take a gamble on this one even if none of the two big men of unknown status get to play. The reason is, they have too much for these Celts. The only way I see Boston taking this one ATS is a backdoor cover. What exactly have these Celts done to grant such trustworthiness at this spot? They're b2b as well as Utah, with the only difference Utah are playing at home here, where they have a rather impressive record.
If some bench guys get more minutes tonight (namely Giricek, Fisher, Araujo, Millsap and Harpring should take their chance and have formidable performances).

Utah prevailed Friday despite Denver shooting 52.2 percent - its fifth-best output this season. The Jazz scored 23 points off 24 Nuggets' turnovers and the Utah bench outscored Denver's 70-21, led by 22 points from Matt Harpring.

70 bench points, plus winning a road game in which your opponent shoots 52%? Look for them to limit Boston to less than 48% tonight and keep bench domination nearly at that number.
5 units.

San Antonio 1st H (-6,5) (adjusted line) (2.04 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

Same old story again. Spurs are impressive in the 1st half, just watch them fold night after night after night in the 2nd half. Spurs picked up their game and are looking good before they welcome the Sonics, who are 6-20 on the road this season.
Spurs show up from minute 1 and have a 10-15 lead until HT, not taking a gamble whether the Sonics cover or Spurs win DD afterwards, just interested in the 1st half line.

Some thoughts:

Bobcats - Raptors

A complete no bet if you ask me. The home team should be the play here considering the Raps have been performing very well for a while now and are on a home-road b2b switch, plus Charlotte will surely be fired up in order to extend their winning streak and set the new franchise record. This is their championship, they won't reach the playoffs but winning 6 or 7 in a row is something to talk about and an achievement for the future.
However, Charlotte are playing their 4th game in 5 nights and Okafor is ill, meaning this might not be the best choice here. However I wouldn't lay points on the road for the Raps tonight.

Bucks - Sixers

Read somewhere that the Sixers had a tough trip last night so I'm leaning Bucks here, but laying 6 doesn't attract me at all. Bucks should win but I'm not touching this one either.

:cheers: :smiley_acbe: let's do it boys and girls.

btw I'm wondering do you guys know who I have on my avatar? Or was this aired only in Europe?

:D great cartoon, used to love it as a kid.'an_horse'

bingo bro :D So you did have it over there :D nice to hear.

Btw has anyone ever wondered how come no one knew he was Adam the Prince of Aeternia? I mean wtf they look the same, the only blondish tanned guy there no one even resembled him yet no one EVER knew :D. Except for a few guys. I know so much because I watched it again few days ago, just for kicks :D.

those were cartoons. :D

And Family Guy of course, Family Guy is just great.

I think it's safe to say that the He-Man/Adam Prince of Aeternia debate probably takes a backseat to Superman/Clark Kent, but it's definetly a question that deserves closer examination

heman_f.jpg
Smeraldo.cc_heman01.jpg

He-man and Battle cat are coming to fuck up the sonics

good luck

btw I'm wondering do you guys know who I have on my avatar? Or was this aired only in Europe?

:D great cartoon, used to love it as a kid.'an_horse'

what are you talking about, was it only aired in Europe?

The series was created by an American company, Filmation, and licensed by Mattel. It ran from 1983-85, and of course we had it before you did, DUH! I grew up on He-man, Mask, GI Joe and Transformers. SNAP!

America used to make all the cool cartoons, the rest of the world just got our scraps.

I have that battle cat and the He Man figure somewhere I'm sure :D.

You're right silly me it never hit me that Mattel was American, sorry :D
But nah, we Europeans had some cool cartoons as well, even though He Man was one of the coolest. The whole concept of the cartoon, trying to put the emphasis on the good vs evil battle, and in such a naive manner sometimes, nowadays cartoons for kids are so fancy and there's no heart in them, He Man had it all.

I just watched an episode where the "bad guy" comes out from the fireplace as a big undefined mass of fire, with arms, legs, face, eyes :D. HILARIOUS.

He's even laughing (holding his belly in the same time, like he's so amused :D) when He Man tells him his strength can be matched. This is just BRILLIANT.

I'm a huge fan of trash movies and cartoons and even though this isn't "trashy" by all means, some elements are so funny that I couldn't resist.

And what's the deal with the "MAN AT ARMS" !!!

man-at-arms.jpg

is this cool or what? The guy with a mustache setting the weapons for He Man :D

And Adam has a PINK/ROSY vest on, for the WHOLE TIME. PINK!!!!!!!!!!! And he still gets to be cool!! once he takes it off and gets his strength by turning into He Man.

BEAT THAT ANYONE!

prince-adam.jpg

look at that supertight body builder's white shirt. And the HAIR!!!!!!!

I love this cartoon.

I always was in the hope that Skeletor will finally kill He-man.... he was my hero...:angry:

you're my enemy now, Satyr :down:

gl on your cards bro.. ;)

Seems like I'm under the influence of Greyskull castle and He Man's power of the sword. :D :cheers:

Back