Saturday NBA Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter Horus
  • Start date Start date
H

Horus

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA
Saturday, April 4th
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>04/04
10:05a
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>801
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>TORONTO
NEW YORK
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD><TD></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>218
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>

</TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>04/04
11:05a
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>803
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>NEW JERSEY
CHICAGO
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD><TD></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>

</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>

</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>04/04
12:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>805
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>DETROIT
PHILADELPHIA
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>

4:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>807
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>ORLANDO
ATLANTA
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>2

4:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>809
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>MIAMI
WASHINGTON

5:35p
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>811
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team>MEMPHIS
MILWAUKEE

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>196

6:05p
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>813
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team>LA CLIPPERS
DENVER

209½

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:
Only games that interest me btw are the OTB games.

Detroit-Philly is an afternoon game. Detroit has been less than stellar in those efforts this year(albeit on Sundays). Team should have better chemistry with Iverson officially done. Wallace is back. Huge game for both teams seeding-wise. Philly got outscored 22-14 in the 4th last Sunday in Auburn Hills and lost by 4. I will say, a difference here may be Young not available. Interesting game.

Btw, Rasheed will come off bench and Kwame will remain starter. I don't forsee this as a problem. I liked having sheed out there with second unit in Cleveland game. It was some of the best bench production Detroit has had in eons.

Milwaukee w/1 win in 7 games laying 5.5 vs a Memphis team which could be 4-1 SU/ATS their last 5 if they beat Dallas tonight?

Which team is better now the Knicks or Toronto. I think Toronto is obviously better but I am playing the Knicks. Call it a guess. Do not think these teams want to fight. Knicks win today and Toronto wins tomorrow no problem. For people interested in the days of the week Toronto on the road on Saturdy is 1-9 and the Knicks on the road on Sunday are 0-10
Toronto bad off an upset win and 3-6 ats off 2 days rest. Just a guess. Looking forward to banging Toronto Sunday and then at home against road cripple Atlanta who I am probably playing tomorrow as well.
I told you in yesterdays thread Orlando splits these b-bs and its about time for Atlanta to get a win against Orlando.

Toronto has been a different team under Marc Iavoroni.

NYK wants the lottery and at this point the raps are still playing to win. i could very well be wrong, but what does NY have to gain by winning?

This just one of those stupid plays...where everyone plays torronto becouse the won 5 straight...with a huge game in orlando.....and with a softer oppenent..with no motivation...they shit their pants...

i kinda like atlanta ....orlando just won a huge game...shooting unreal....atlanta lost with boston ...they should come out strong at home tomarow.

Toronto has 29 wins. The worst of the top 8 has 36 so you can not be talking playoffs. The 2 teams each have 29 wins. /remember the last 2 games. Knicks won at home and put up almost no resistance at Toronto.
D'Antoni has always been a win games guys type. He will not give games away freely.
Very hard not to play Washington. Miami beat them at home by 20 twice this year and is just out of gas playing b-b.

Last edited:
wow this Atlanta line screams Hawks victory.

...now the Hawks haven't been the team they were last year in the playoffs, but the Magic are coming off a huge win and may have some trouble getting up for the Hawks after tonight's win. I'm not a big fan of seeing that the starters played about 25-28 minutes for the Magic, but i'm thinking there could be a major let-down factor tomorrow

There is still the Orlando trying to avoid that 2nd seed theory as well...I dunno...what the real case is there but will be interesting as season winds down

Maybe, Orlando away b-b is still 7-3 su. So this might actually be wrong. Atlanta has really been playing bad. Lets call this a lean not a pick right now. But Knicks is a definite bet.

maybe we should lean 1H after the collapse in Beantown tonight, or we could just wait for Joe P. to drive the Magic line up

Not sure. Look at the box scores foor the /laker game. Lakers won because of the lack of character of the Houston team. Same rebounds. Better non 3 shooting. Rockets got 1 more free throw. 18 turnovers in a big game and missing 8 of 22 free throws says this team is not ready for prime time. I'm sure there is a reason they did not play Mutombo or why Yao only got 12 shots. Probably a fine team to play at home after a loss but for me that will be all. If the manager can not say "Pass the ball to the 7 foot 6 inch guy so we can get some points" then maybe they need a new coach.

tuck,

i don't know if you caught the 2H, but with a rooting interest on the Lakers i was VERY impressed with what Phil Jackson had his soldiers doing.

Basically to deny the post they were fronting Yao with a man behind to prevent the lob thus leading to a lot of scramble defense that could have left the Rockettes shooters open if they actually cared about ball movement. Battier kept them in it for a while, but eventually when the Lakers kept scoring and they couldn't keep up. In addition, bench scoring fiend Von Wafer played terribly tonight and HOU couldn't get scoring anywhere else without Yao being able to back down Gasol

The way they have split these b-bs is odd but i can see some logic to most of them and when I look at how bad they played in Boston its a little too hard to actually bet money on them. If you can never win on the road then you are not a playoff team except by accident. No, Memphis is more likely to get my money then Atlanta but maybe just the Knicks and Washington

Actually maybe Detroit first half. Philadelphia used tremendous energy coming back last game and Detroit has been scoring a ton recently in first half's.

Maybe Phil did good. Rockets still scored 81 points in a meaninful game and had 18 turnovers as well as shooting .636 on free throws and a good team does not do these things. Also when you are 7 6 it is honestly close to impossible to stop you from getting the ball if you team really tries to give it to you. Maybe I will feel differently later but in the West right now I see Lakers, Spurs, and possibly Portland as real contenders.

Volunteers are signing up. They are thinking about doing a lottery for them and Atlanta and the Utah Jazz.

since the laker game, bulls have been money in second halves at home, so thats a spot to look for if the nets happen to be up at halftime.

over in ny but not sure what to think of the early start time.

don't see any reason to fade the magic off of tonights performance. atl is on a b2b as well so no advantage there and who is going into this game with more confidence...

wonder if washington opens up as favorites tomorrow. i'm guessing its a pk

milwaukee line is up to 6.5 / 7. pretty freakin steep. books must want people on memphis for reasons i dont understand

This is the LVSC on Det-Philly, not sure why the line isn't back up in all honesty

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#c48f1b border=0><TBODY><TR class=oddsText_odd><TD style="POSITION: relative" vAlign=bottom width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=13>04/04 3:05 PM</TD><TD align=right>
notes.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>805 Detroit</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>806 Philadelphia</TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>ESPN
GAME OFF BOARD:
DET-G-Iverson-OUT, F-Wallace-Probable
PHI-F-Young-OUT, G-Miller-Probable

</TD><TD class=oddsText_odd vAlign=bottom noWrap align=middle width=58><NOBR> 189
-4.5 </NOBR></TD><TD class=oddsText_odd vAlign=bottom noWrap align=middle width=61><NOBR> </NOBR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sunday 10 in the Morning Detroit played Miami.
20-23 Detroit 23-24 Detroit so at half time in the day game they were leading by 4. We know what happened later.
The last time they played Philadelphia it was on Sunday and at half time the score was 58-57 Philadelphia. If thre is no spread I am probably not interested but if Detroit is getting points I will play them first half.

Just laid 2.5 with NY. I hate weekends in that I miss early lines from being out. I am in awe that they opened this NY -1. Toronto off a huge win, early start, and get to go home after this. Recent games have completely altered this line and I find extreme value still at 2.5 for this spot. Toronto gives this game away from the tip and 2m will be a dogfight, but I doubt this one even gets within single digits for the knicks W. Toronto needs a day or two to catch their breaths after beating Orlando, and they know if they lose- theyll just get them back the next day at home. pretty big bet on NY -2.5. no comments on the other games- I hope I wake up on time to catch this NY game's HT, but I doubt I will. If they down at half- take em again. night

Hope I did not influence you. Been looking at it more. When the Knicks bounced Totonto at home last time Toronto was 3-7 in their last 10 games. Here they have won 5 in a row and 2 were impressive. I doubt they get bounced like a doll this time. Most categories favor the Knicks but 1 category is very bad. They are 2-5 at home in first game of a b-b at home. They have beaten Memphis and NO in that role and lost to 5 other teams. It is very rare that the Knicks win any game at home without winning the second half. I intend to wait past the first half and then hopefully play the Knicks but I am not making any inital bet on them and apologise for talking before thinking. After saying this I still do think the Knicks are likely to be the right side. In the range of 4 or less favorite they have been strong going 7-3 their last 10 at home but Toronto away as a 4 or less dog is 5-5 this year so the information leans to knicks but is not decisive. Knicks off an 8 point loss 5-5 su and 4-6 ats. It comes down to more on the Knicks then against them but waiting for half time figures to be the best play.

I will agree w/ GW - that ATL line says a lot to me, Orl off the blowout win and people only have to lay a bucket tonight??? 83% on Orl and this line is dropping, sorry for the reverse whammy line jinx, but this is one hell of a fishy line...

Lots pointing to a NY Knicks Over - NY on the 3+ days rest just give up a shit ton of points as well as score them - I can't see them exerting too much effort on D here to change that - Raps on rest too...219 is high, but lean this anyway

Also its the game before Houston so Rafer in particular but also the entire Orlando team is apt to be fixed on revenge against Houston. Easy to build a case for Atlanta. Do they want to lose games? After Detroit today maybe more insight.

Huge payback game for ATLANTA as well check the score of the last meeting vs Orlando....

If anyone thinks Memphis is a good play look at then playing with no rest and look at them playing on anything but 1 days rest .

No rest : 2-17 SU
2 days rest : 1-12 SU
3ormore days rest : 2-5 SU

Thats 5-34 SU vs 16-20 on 1 days rest ........

They have been winning some games and MILW is no prize but Dal w/o Josh Howard by 5 , Wash w/o Arenas by 5 , GSW by 5 w/o Maggs , and Sac..

If you think they cover ATS(dont forget 2-17 SU) well Memphis has only 1 ATS win that was a SU loss which the caught less then 10 points which was @ Indiana losing by 5 @ +7.5 on the road that is

Sixers all kinda of banged up so lean Det .....

Over @ NYK for sure and probably Denver over as well

I cant see why NYK is 3 pt favs to be honest they are so shorthanded ....:cheers:

Will play the the over wiz 200, for a fairly large bet once again, just need Miami to play along..
I dont care if arenas is in or not and this is from the washington post after shootaround:
Wanted to give you guys an update from shootaround: Antawn Jamison (sprained ankle), Juan Dixon (sore Achilles), Javaris Crittenton (back spasms) and Gilbert Arenas all participated this morning. Jamison was fine after injuring himself in the fourth quarter against Cleveland, while Crittenton and Dixon are expected to be available tonight. Arenas will be a game-time decision.

Udonis Haslem needed six stitches to close a cut on his thumb during Friday's game and hinted that he could be out for a week or more.

I have no position yet on Memphis at Bucks but do not think the numbers Nut is using on Memphis with no rest are a fair representation of the truth currently. Limited time but look at the gamelogs at Memphis playing b-b recently and you see them folding like a tent against a lot of top teams but against lesser teams not bad. Not long ago covers at Indiana, Portland and Clippers to name 3.
Home win against Toronto. .these are all in the last 2 months. Not very interested in longer time periods.

In the 1 PM game played the Over 220.5 and thinking about Knicks 1st H and Toronto 2nd Half if the 1st H is correct ....

GL:cheers:

who's the lucky team that gets the Rockettes in the 1st round?

BC,

did you start using that or did my loving nickname for them catch on? I've been calling them that for a while because i hate the ridiculous Houston fan base here at UT, and i wasn't sure...

i'm still leaning to Atlanta, but i'm not sure the sharp plays are doing so well right now. I see the public's losing some right now though, which i think is good for us.

great discussion again guys

Chauncey back playing for Detroit?

I see a point guard playing tough D and hitting daggers from 3.

Insane number of offensive rebounds for DET tonight. Philly up by 4 though, last minute.

This just in, Det is still not a good ATS team during the day. Fuck me, why did I bet htem

Back