Saturday NBA: Central Showdown

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
On a nice little run last two nights(4-0 +11 units) and looking to hve a huge April. This is when the games become easier and we need to capitalize on that fact. This game kinda starys away from my normal late-season targets but I do think we have a solid play.

Check Nuts' thread and I am sure beLIEve will have a doozy of a write-up on this game.

First, please note this game opened Chicago -4 -110 before getting hit down to 2.5 already.

The only Bulls players I would really fear at this point are Tyrus and Luol. Guess which two will be guarding Lebron. Exactly. Fouls will pile up and that will hurt both on the other end as well. Chicago showed us again that they do not have a consistent enough offense to compete against the very good teams. Its basically 4 on 5 out there and when the bench comes in it gets even worse.

The Cavs know their shot at the one seed died when DET took all five out West. The schedule for CLE is hard this month and Detroit's lets up. Now, its all about that very important 2 seed for the Cavs. They step into this double revenge game off a loss at MSG and have had a few days to think about it.

In what should be another ugly game like Thursday the team with the mega-star will pull away late. I see a focused CLE effort and I think the Bulls shot their wad on Thursday.

Sorry for short write-up..running on fumes here and need some sleep

Cleveland +2.5 -110 3 units

btw...I agree with beLIEve when he says line may go back up a bit. I just need to lock this in now as I may not be by a puter b4 3 tomorrow.

My only concern is how much to put on this. I see you have 3 units. I love the play, but like we said, the game is also big for Chicago. I don't expect a bad effort from them today, but I DO expect an exceptional effort on Cavs' part.

GL

Chicago showed us again that they do not have a consistent enough offense to compete against the very good teams. Its basically 4 on 5 out there and when the bench comes in it gets even worse.

few people know this but chicago scores teh 4th most pts per game in the eastern conference.

Chicago showed us again that they do not have a consistent enough offense to compete against the very good teams. Its basically 4 on 5 out there and when the bench comes in it gets even worse.

few people know this but chicago scores teh 4th most pts per game in the eastern conference.

True. The East has the likes of Boston, Philly, Milwaukee, Atlanta, New York, Washington, Toronto and present day Indiana.....

Thats some shit defesne....then look at the West

Against the likes of DET,CLE,SA,MIA...etc...whole different ballgame

why are so many people on chicago's nuts? just because they beat detroit without webber and hamilton? please.

why are so many people on chicago's nuts? just because they beat detroit without webber and hamilton? please.

Public perception will look at both teams home and away records. Also, the Cavs loss at NY will be overstated. That really wasn't such a bad loss.

Cleveland is 11-3 ATS in their last 14 road games.
Cleveland is 21-7 ATS in their last 28 games overall.
Chicago is 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games as a favorite.
Chicago is 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games overall.
Chicago is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Chicago is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Cleveland
Chicago is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Cleveland

This will very likely be a ML dog play for me...I hope you guys are right and the line goes back up, because a 1.5 pts is a lot of cents on the dollar...a lot.

The Bulls have played good basketball at home, and play particularly good defense there. I believe they have beaten Cleveland the last 2 times this season (one was in Chicago, and the other was a TNT game in Cleveland - could be wrong, but I think that's correct). Their problem is without the interior scorer, they depend on their outside shooting so much to carry them. As for Cleveland, their defense has been pretty good this season, especially better as the season has progressed, and, it's hard to go against LeBron in what should be a close game.
I can see both sides perspective on this game, and I'm leaning towards Chicago mainly because of the home court factor.

Very curious what Bulls have shown to merit the term "rolling"...or is this an anti Cleveland thought?

Yeah didnt mean to come off as an ass, just so frustrated with the Cavs. They have a end of season clapse every year (like 3 years in a row) and I just feel it starts here. They will play with no motivation(for whatever reason) and slip to the 5 seed. Then they will try to battle with your Pistons in the second round...:down:

Also, C-town is like 16-2 ATS in their last 18....It seems they will be a fader team for the rest of the way. They will probably be favored it 8 out of 10 remaining games. They will just try to win and survive, instead of blowing out teams...IMO

who you like duy? when you gona start posting your picks?:cheers:

I have Cle, noh and a pretty sizable play on clips. As to when I'm starting posting again, maybe when I feel the Fucking :moose: has left my side. 3 or 4 consecutive days of being moosed!:down:

BAR- You know my bias towards the Bulls. I think they're the best team in the East come playoff time... but Cavs beat them today.

aye nice call on Clev BAR. i almost put in a bet on Chi this morning till I read your post. thanks bro.

Back