Saturday MLB (8/25)

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
April: 91-69-3 +29.126 Units
May: 112-109-1 +17.898 Units
June: 79-69-2 +25.298 Units
July: 26-22-3 -1.75 Units (Pre All-Star)
July: 55-58-5 +4.118 Units (Post All-Star)
Pre All-Star: 70.572 Units
All-Star Game: 0-1 -2 Units

August: 72-71-1 +21.61 Units
Post All-Star: 127-131-6 +26.228 Units

Overall: 423-388-15 +92.740 Units
Sides: 234-228 +47.578 Units
Run Lines: 36-66 -16.069 Units
Totals: 164-98-14 +61.231 Units

1-4 -6.295 Units yesterday... not the right direction at all.

Plays:

Minnesota Twins -128 (Garza v. Liz) (2 Units) W
Fading a Double A pitcher making a spot start. He has control issues, walking 70 in 137 IP, did have 161 Ks. Garza should bounce back and has pitched well on the road.

Kansas City Royals +128 (Davies v. Laffey) (2 Units) L
Really should've waited to place this bet but Cleveland is struggling and they have had their problems winnings in KC the past couple of years. Sure they're in the playoff hunt but this team goes as their bats go and their bats have been doing little.

Tampa Bay Devil Rays -118 (Kazmir v. Blanton) (2 Units) W
Oakland Athletics @ Tampa Bay Devil Rays UNDER 8.5 -118 (2 Units) L
Cheap price on Kaz who is 3-1 in 7 career starts with a 3.18 ERA vs the A's lifetime. Expecting a bounce back from Kazmir after getting shelled by the Sox in his last start. Blanton has a 5.87 ERA in 6 starts vs the D-Rays and a 5.16 ERA on the road this year. The D-Rays are struggling to hit so this is why I like the under, along with Runge calling the game.

Florida Marlins @ Cincinnati Reds OVER 11 -105 (Mitre v. Belisle) (2 Units) W
Why not when Mitre is struggling, Belisle seems to be good for atleast 4 runs in just 4/5 innings each home start. The wind is blowing out to left field at around 13 mph but rain could be an issue. Fairchild's games have gone over his last 4 times and the Fish/Reds have gone over 4/5 meetings this year.

Washington Nationals +139 (Redding v. Jimenez) (2 Units) L
Washington Nationals @ Colorado Rockies UNDER 10 -121 (3 Units) W
Redding may walk his fair share of batters but he continues to pitch deep into the ball game each start. Jimenez has pitched well in his last 2 only allowing 6 hits and 2 walks in 13 innings. The Nats seem to have trouble giving Redding run support as well. Everitt is 8-17 O/U on the year with only 2 Overs in his last 10 games. Wind is blowing from right to left, slightly out to left, hopefully not an issue.

Arizona Diamondbacks +113 (Davis v. Lilly) (2 Units) W

BOL To Yall Saturday :cheers:

Last edited:
I like a lot of this. A lttle negative regarding Tampa but that is still under consideration. Large opposition on Washington. I understand what you see in the game but am fairly sure it loses hence will be on Colorado. GL

Might want to look at Arizona. Cooper yesterday was what he always is which is a disgrace but today seeing them a dog looks strange.

There are actually several negatives but the simplest and bggest is Runge. When you see umpires like him or Cooper you either play the road team or walk on. Plenty of games why take the worst of it. The bias against the home fav is just too hard to deal with.

thanks steed - GL tonight with your plays

what are you playing tonight blue_chip?

thanks chips t - lets cash it

thanks tuck - I think I bet on Redding everytime, probably a bad thing to do but oh well. I was looking at the D-Backs. Confused by the line when the Cubs are 5-11 on the road vs LHP, not even a .500 team @ home vs LHP and Lilly has struggled. Everyone is jumping off of Bush after everyone was on his last start. any other thoughts on that tuck?

I think you mean Davis. I consider this to be close to a 5 day rest due to limited pitching last game which helps him. Cubs something of a joke on the road recently vs lefties. To me under and Arizona are both very real options. Arizona is a good team with a stupid coach. I am hoping this game plays itself. I see their games nightly in Arizona. I think they are worth a medium bet despite their rediculous recent history. This ump is not ideal but he is liveable They had zero chance last night with Cooper and they knew it.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">With you on the Twinkies, Nats, and Reds over... gl buddy
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back