Saturday, July 7 SDQL

JROCK1966

Pretty much a regular
Well I seemingly had everything going for me last night with the A's but it ended up being far from a good play. Hitting the Over helped limit the damage but it still smarts this am. Moving on with a couple of games that should help me recover from last night. I'm looking for the Twins to keep adding misery to the O's season and also for the Yankees to bounce back.

First, the Twins....Losing teams which are favored and at home over other losing teams, but also have more wins than the dog, and have won the previous 2 games by between 2-6 runs and >2 runs, have been a historical 4-0 SU and 3-1 RL (I still have not figured out why sometimes SDQL has the RL figures wrong....bug in the code perhaps??) See Pic 1. In Pic 2, Gausman's record is 0-4 SU so far this season on the road and coming off a road loss. In Pic 3, Gibson is 2-2 at home with wins coming against the Astros & Indians and losses coming to the Tigers & Fulmer and Red Sox & Porcello. Watching O's Extra last night, I get the feeling things are pretty intense in the O's locker room so I think we can expect them to be playing hard today. That should keep them in the game so I'm not comfortable with a RL wager. But I think this one still goes to the Twins and am really contemplating a ML wager backing the Twins.

twins1.jpgtwins2.jpgtwins3.jpg

Home dogs on Saturdays in July, during the day, coming off a win of 2-6 runs, for losing records vs. a team with a winning record, are 1-2 all-time in SDQL dbase history with a 2-0-1 Over record. The only win was a game where the opposing pitcher was Tomlin last season and he is no where close to a Severino. The other losses were both by 5 runs. The Yankees coming off a road loss and facing a lefty are 2-1 this season losing to only Sale and Boston in April. The Over is 3-0 in those games. Interestingly enough, Severino was the losing pitcher in that game. Knowing how the Yankees hit lefty pitching overall, I'm thinking -1.5 & -2.5 RL wager backing the Yanks and the Over.

yanks1.jpgyanks2.jpg

Scherzer for the shutout anyone? Away dogs which have lost the last two games by 2 & 1 runs respectively and the opponent has between 5-10 more wins than the dog, and it's a Saturday game in July, have gone 0-4 SU lifetime and 1-3 RL. See pic 2. When I enter the opponent's ERA of less than 4, the record's become 0-3 and 0-3 and only 1 run was scored out of the total 3 games. See pic 1.

nats1.jpgnats2.jpg

Will see how I do this afternoon before adding something on the Nats...

Placed:

Minnesota Twins -1½ +130 vs Baltimore Orioles
K Gausman - R Listed K Gibson - R Listed
Risking $10.00 To Win $13.00

Minnesota Twins -158 vs Baltimore Orioles
K Gausman - R Listed K Gibson - R Listed
Risking $15.80 To Win $10.00

New York Yankees -2½ +130 vs Toronto Blue Jays
L Severino - R Listed J Happ - L Listed
Risking $10.00 To Win $13.00

New York Yankees/Toronto Blue Jays* Over 8 +113
L Severino - R Listed J Happ - L Listed
Risking $10.00 To Win $11.30

BOLTA!!

Rodney yields a run to make it a 1 run win. I needed some luck to win that RL bet didn’t get it.

Adding:

$11.50 to Win $10.00 Miami Marlins Under 2½ -115
$20.00 to Win $21.00 Washington Nationals -2½ +105

BOLTA!!

Diaz hits a homer of of some guy named Shreve....thank goodness for the insurance run in the top of the 9th....just need 1 out.

Back