Saturday Hoops with your buddy Handy!!

handy

Pretty much a regular
Hi everyone,

Welcome to Saturday hoops with Handy. It's still Friday as I write this post but I'm so excited about Saturday that I had to write about it now. All right before you read on you should probably run to the rest room and do your thing because this thread might go on for a while. I don't want anyone making a meal in their pants while reading Saturday hoops with Handy!! As someone once told me the job isn't done until you finish the paperwork. You know after you take a shit you got to do the paperwork.

O.K. now that you're back from the rest room lets talk about the NBA.

Boston at NJ - Well the number looks very short on NJ and for some reason it probably is. However, I'm not biting on Boston +6 on the road. I don't believe that's a wise short term option with an expiring contract after 48 minutes on the road.

Knicks at Hawks - All right I have to believe this has Hawks win written all over it. Do yourself a favor and go take a look at both teams recent schedules and you will see that both teams are playing 5 games in 7 nights. Advantage home team. NY has injuries so they're shorthanded and likely in a very bad spot. That being said I like the Hawks.

Toronto at Cleveland- I like the Cavs to win this game. Toronto I believe is going to be without Bargnani and the Raptors struggle vs. Cleveland. Plus it's three games in four nights on the road for Raps.

Detroit at Memphis - Well how can you not think the Pistons beat this team? I'm sure they likely will but by how many? Who knows and who cares. Betting a team which loses almost all their games is not my cup of tea. Actually I don't like tea. It's black coffee all the way for Handy!!

San Antonio at Houston - All right the Rockets will be playing their 5th game in 7 nights coming off a game in Denver. Lets not forget that T-Mac had the flu earlier in the week and who knows how healthy he is. The Spurs are rolling right now and are arguably the best team in the league. I know you're in love with Dallas and Phoenix but how anyone can dismiss the Spurs from the equation is beyond me. It sucks that San Antonio is favored tonight but I believe they should be simply because the Rockets should be in a very bad spot even though they're playing at home.

Orlando at Dallas - Should they even bother to play this game? I say no but they have to. Dallas can name the score vs. Orlando. The Magic are also in a bad spot tonight and the Mavs likely will take advantage of them. The Magic are in free fall and that's an understatement. Hey, go bet the Magic, take the points and keep a bottle of motrin your left pocket and a bottle of water in the other one. You get the hint the Magic are a headache bet tonight.

Sacramento at Portland - Ahh, another team in a real bad spot on the schedule. Yes, I'm talking about the Sacramento Kings. Go take a peek at their last 10 days or so and you can easily see why I believe they're out of gas tonight.

Indiana at LAC - This I believe is a great and I mean great bet on the Indiana Pacers. The Paper Clips are in trouble at the point and Indiana should be able to take advantage of this all night. The Pacers have certainly been struggling but don't be confused by the Clippers recent success. They have no starting QB at the point and that's going to do them in.

College Hoops:

Texas at Kansas - Let me guess all the schmucks are going to line up and take Texas on the road at Kansas. Have fun with that bet. Everyone is seeing Kevin Durant take the Longhorns on his shoulders and will them to big wins but that should come to a hault this afternoon in Lawrence. Just think how brain dead you have to be to bet against the hottest team in the country at home? Why would you make that bet? Now I know Texas could win, cover the game, make you rich and give you reason to holla at Handy but I don't think so.

Syracuse at Villanova - Talk about another daunting task for Syracuse and you have a road game at Villanova. I believe the Cuse could find a way to hang around in this one with their matchup zone but I wouldn't bete on it. They just had their big time win of the year so a let down is more likely in store but this game gives me a belly ache.

Oklahoma at Kansas State - Big game today for Kansas State. I believe they get the win.

Ohio State at Michigan - This could be a very intersting game to say the least. I smell upset. Michigan is a very tough home team and this could be the day Ohio State goes down. Buyer beware on Ohio State.

Well that's it and good luck.

"Life is dandy when you're capping the game with Handy"

Thanks for reading and responding to Handy. I hope you ain't a sucka.

Last edited:
Orlando at Dallas - Should they even bother to play this game? I say no but they have to.

:an_roll_laugh:

btw I agree with you about the Spurs being one of the title candidates again, I really hoped something like this would happen, and it did, Spurs are a battling team again, they're playing their game. Glad to see it. :shake:

GL Handy :cheers:

Yeah, the Spurs are probably now the best value on the NBA futures market if you can get 7:1 or better. The other day I saw a book post 9:1. I couldn't believe it. San Antonio can easily win the NBA Championship and I believe they have as good a chance as anyone. Dallas and Phoenix are going to run out of gas just like the Pistons did last season.

Texas at Kansas - Let me guess all the schmucks are going to line up and take Texas on the road at Kansas. Have fun with that bet. Everyone is seeing Kevin Durant take the Longhorns on his shoulders and will them to big wins but that should come to a hault this afternoon in Lawrence. Just think how brain dead you have to be to bet against the hottest team in the country at home? Why would you make that bet? Now I know Texas could win, cover the game, make you rich and give you reason to holla at Handy but I don't think so.

Texas wins SU

do like ATLANTA i wonder how many San Antonio going to be favor by

i like the Pacers tomorrow also. There healthy and hopefully they push the pace with the Clips having no PG (that's if Cassell doesn't play). Good luck.

Yeah, the Spurs are probably now the best value on the NBA futures market if you can get 7:1 or better. The other day I saw a book post 9:1. I couldn't believe it. San Antonio can easily win the NBA Championship and I believe they have as good a chance as anyone. Dallas and Phoenix are going to run out of gas just like the Pistons did last season.

Best value definitely, if we're talking 7.5 - 1 (or more than 7.5), I think Houston are great value as well, they've been coping well without Yao throughout the season (Dikembe and Howard jumped in) I think they're much more complete with Ming in the lineup and even have a shot at the title, at these odds it's surely worth a few units, don't you think?

currently available at 21.4.

No, I don't think the Rockets are worth it at 21:1. Just do the math on your own and I don't think you're getting a deal. They're going to have to win four rounds and likely underdog in at least two of them and probably three. They wouldn't be favored in the finals if they were facing a Detroit team.

lean Hawks as well....

handy..your "catch" phrases are always good for a laugh...:shake:

Great thread as always Handy-Man

In NCAA the dog in Ann Arbor is sexy as hell tomorrow.

:an_roll_laugh:

btw I agree with you about the Spurs being one of the title candidates again, I really hoped something like this would happen, and it did, Spurs are a battling team again, they're playing their game. Glad to see it. :shake:

GL Handy :cheers:
of you agree your a spurs fan dummie

Handy,
always love your threads. As for the Spurs, well Pop has been saying they care about the playoffs and I stated after last week the spurs are going to tune it in and make a statement. I actually like them as the underdog here, flying under, well maybe not, the radar!!!
As for MICH, big homer here and they need this win. This win, I think gets them to the dance or at the very least, gets them on the brink. Maybe a win in the conference tourney makes them a for sure but this is a statement game. I am not a huge fan of their inconsistencies and Courtney might get slapped around today by Oden but as you always say, winning on the road in CBB is a tall order. I hope you are right. If Big AL is on it as well, just might have to make a little wager though I will have my pepto by my side. IND looks delicious tonight. GL

Hi everyone,
O.K. now that you're back from the rest room lets talk about the NBA.

San Antonio at Houston - All right the Rockets will be playing their 5th game in 7 nights coming off a game in Denver. Lets not forget that T-Mac had the flu earlier in the week and who knows how healthy he is. The Spurs are rolling right now and are arguably the best team in the league. I know you're in love with Dallas and Phoenix but how anyone can dismiss the Spurs from the equation is beyond me. It sucks that San Antonio is favored tonight but I believe they should be simply because the Rockets should be in a very bad spot even though they're playing at home.

College Hoops:

Ohio State at Michigan - This could be a very intersting game to say the least. I smell upset. Michigan is a very tough home team and this could be the day Ohio State goes down. Buyer beware on Ohio State.

Well that's it and good luck.

"Life is dandy when you're capping the game with Handy"

Thanks for reading and responding to Handy. I hope you ain't a sucka.

San Antonio is a very strong pick tonight. i like them even more like you said because of houston playing 5 games in 7 nights.

I really like the kansas game this today because texas left it all on the court against Texas A&M. I really like the cover today in teh kansas game.

Michigan is a very good pick because this is going to be their national title game playing it against big time football rival michigan. They may only be very big rivals in football, but the fans will carry the hate over into this one. Nice spot for michigan here.

have you watched kevin durant or texas play before?

they hit threes and they hit their free throws unlike the majority of college teams

durant :bow:

Well, well Texas loses at Kansas. No surprise. Looks like the public got their win but betting against KU in Lawrence is pretty stupid. Texas was a missed three point shot from going down double digits with under a minute to go. That just goes to show you how tight a 9 pt. spread really is. If Texas misses that three with under a minute to go they're probably not covering the game. That's why I say unless you strongly believed that Texas was going to win they're not worth betting against.

Life is dandy when you're listening and learning from a capper named Handy!!

Good luck home boys

Well, well Texas loses at Kansas. No surprise. Looks like the public got their win but betting against KU in Lawrence is pretty stupid. Texas was a missed three point shot from going down double digits with under a minute to go. That just goes to show you how tight a 9 pt. spread really is. If Texas misses that three with under a minute to go they're probably not covering the game. That's why I say unless you strongly believed that Texas was going to win they're not worth betting against.

Life is dandy when you're listening and learning from a capper named Handy!!

Good luck home boys

Texas was the play they should have won SU. Fuck Kansas over rated :shake:

atleast give Texas props

I do give Texas props but they should not have even been there. I counted 6 missed FT by Kansas when they could have opened up a 13-15 point lead, Durant comes out because of injury and Kansas cruises. So I do give props but NO WAY Texas should have won SU. Thats a bold statement

I do give Texas props but they should not have even been there. I counted 6 missed FT by Kansas when they could have opened up a 13-15 point lead
kansas isnt a good free throw shooting team, its expected from me at least. when kansas went up 10 i bet texas +8.5 live @+135 because texas has the ability to knock down 3s better than most teams and kansas is shaky at the line :cheers:

So.............
Cliffs notes version without all the rubish, what are your plays for the night???

Back