saturday discussion

SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Column_Date_Headers_Odds><TD colSpan=7>MLB Baseball - Sat 4/11

</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds><TD colSpan=3>Game</TD><TD>Run Line</TD><TD>Money Line</TD><TD>Total Runs</TD><TD>More</TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>Sat 4/11</TD><TD>951</TD><TD>Pittsburgh Pirates
P. Maholm
</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>10:10 AM</TD><TD>952</TD><TD>Cincinnati Reds
J CUETO
</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD>Offline</TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>Sat 4/11</TD><TD>953</TD><TD>Houston Astros
R. Oswalt
</TD><TD>+1.5 -179</TD><TD>+122</TD><TD>OVER 7.5 -122</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>01:10 PM</TD><TD>954</TD><TD>St Louis Cardinals
A. Wainwright
</TD><TD>-1.5 +169</TD><TD>-130</TD><TD>UNDER 7.5 +112</TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>Sat 4/11</TD><TD>955</TD><TD>New York Mets
L. Hernandez
</TD><TD>+1.5 -154</TD><TD>+129</TD><TD>OVER 9.5 -112</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>03:10 PM</TD><TD>956</TD><TD>Florida Marlins
R. Nolasco
</TD><TD>-1.5 +144</TD><TD>-137</TD><TD>UNDER 9.5 +102</TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>Sat 4/11</TD><TD>957</TD><TD>Chicago Cubs
C. Zambrano
</TD><TD>-1.5 +125</TD><TD>-134</TD><TD>OVER 8.5 +102</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>04:05 PM</TD><TD>958</TD><TD>Milwaukee Brewers
D. Bush
</TD><TD>+1.5 -135</TD><TD>+126</TD><TD>UNDER 8.5 -112</TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>Sat 4/11</TD><TD>959</TD><TD>Washington Nationals
J. Lannan
</TD><TD>+1.5 -139</TD><TD>+157</TD><TD>OVER 9 +100</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>04:10 PM</TD><TD>960</TD><TD>Atlanta Braves
K. Kawakami
</TD><TD>-1.5 +129</TD><TD>-165</TD><TD>UNDER 9 -110</TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>Sat 4/11</TD><TD>961</TD><TD>Philadelphia Phillies
B. Myers
</TD><TD>-1.5 +147</TD><TD>-107</TD><TD>OVER 10 -119</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>05:10 PM</TD><TD>962</TD><TD>Colorado Rockies
J. De La Rosa
</TD><TD>+1.5 -157</TD><TD>-101</TD><TD>UNDER 10 +109</TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>Sat 4/11</TD><TD>963</TD><TD>Los Angeles Dodgers
H. Kuroda
</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>05:10 PM</TD><TD>964</TD><TD>Arizona D-Backs
Y. Petit
</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD>Offline</TD><TD>Offline</TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>Sat 4/11</TD><TD>965</TD><TD>San Francisco Giants
J. Sanchez
</TD><TD>+1.5 -160</TD><TD>+138</TD><TD>OVER 6.5 -108</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>07:05 PM</TD><TD>966</TD><TD>San Diego Padres
J. Peavy
</TD><TD>-1.5 +150</TD><TD>-146</TD><TD>UNDER 6.5 -102</TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>Sat 4/11</TD><TD>967</TD><TD>Texas Rangers
M. Harrison
</TD><TD>+1.5 -135</TD><TD>+148</TD><TD>OVER 10.5 -110</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>10:05 AM</TD><TD>968</TD><TD>Detroit Tigers
J. Verlander
</TD><TD>-1.5 +125</TD><TD>-156</TD><TD>UNDER 10.5 +100</TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>Sat 4/11</TD><TD>969</TD><TD>Toronto Blue Jays
R. Halladay
</TD><TD>-1.5 +136</TD><TD>-122</TD><TD>OVER 8 +102</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>10:05 AM</TD><TD>970</TD><TD>Cleveland Indians
C. Lee
</TD><TD>+1.5 -146</TD><TD>+114</TD><TD>UNDER 8 -112</TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>Sat 4/11</TD><TD>971</TD><TD>Seattle Mariners
F. Hernandez
</TD><TD>+1.5 -217</TD><TD>-101</TD><TD>OVER 7.5 -110</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>01:05 PM</TD><TD>972</TD><TD>Oakland Athletics
J. OUTMAN
</TD><TD>-1.5 +197</TD><TD>-107</TD><TD>UNDER 7.5 +100</TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>Sat 4/11</TD><TD>973</TD><TD>Boston Red Sox
B. Penny
</TD><TD>-1.5 +127</TD><TD>-126</TD><TD>OVER 9 -127</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>01:10 PM</TD><TD>974</TD><TD>LAA Angels
S. Loux
</TD><TD>+1.5 -137</TD><TD>+118</TD><TD>UNDER 9 +117</TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>Sat 4/11</TD><TD>975</TD><TD>Minnesota Twins
F. Liriano
</TD><TD>-1.5 +155</TD><TD>-109</TD><TD>OVER 8.5 -115</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>01:05 PM</TD><TD>976</TD><TD>Chicago White Sox
B. Colon
</TD><TD>+1.5 -165</TD><TD>+101</TD><TD>UNDER 8.5 +105</TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>Sat 4/11</TD><TD>977</TD><TD>Tampa Bay Rays
J. Niemann
</TD><TD>+1.5 -191</TD><TD>+104</TD><TD>OVER 9.5 -102</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD2><TD>04:05 PM</TD><TD>978</TD><TD>Baltimore Orioles
J. Guthrie
</TD><TD>-1.5 +178</TD><TD>-112</TD><TD>UNDER 9.5 -108</TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>Sat 4/11</TD><TD>979</TD><TD>New York Yankees
C. Sabathia
</TD><TD>-1.5 -114</TD><TD>-185</TD><TD>OVER 9 +107</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=AD1><TD>04:10 PM</TD><TD>980</TD><TD>Kansas City Royals
H. Ramirez
</TD><TD>+1.5 +104</TD><TD>+177</TD><TD>UNDER 9 -117</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

kuroda is out. stultz will replace him. scully said somethin about an oblique and it being a while before he gets back

interested in :

just based on situation think under @ Cle will be a strong play . Both teams had to travel to Cle and then endure that insane rain delay and finish up about 11:15 or 7 hours later . The reward is halladay vs lee at 1pm .....Lee wasnt as bad IMO as the line suggets at texas ...expect some rested players and some weak hacks ..always tough early day start after a night game and this is magnified certainly ...players came into this game probably a tad tired "I thought I was going to be in bed sleeping by now," Lind said. "We battled through a lot of things and got a nice win...how you think they feel now ?

also Cy Young winner a home pup in start #2?

tigers / under : didnt watch the game but seems fair to say that verlander was terrible @toronto to open the season and also imagine that texas is getting some climate shock with the weather in det at the moment . darling is calling the game and dig up the 3 prior starts with him and verlander , all solid work(6- , 7-2 and 3-1 across the 06-07 seasons and naturally verlander was better then ). in fact verlander has been very tough on texas minus 1 bad start in arlington and defeated the rangers 10-2 last april ...want to look at the pens further and while I have a passing interest in det it seems like this is the spot to play an under when we see how DETs lineup fared vs LHPs ROmero and purcey in toronto.....

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/a...t_id=4208136&vkey=news_tex&fext=.jsp&c_id=tex

houston ml : oswalt was solid vs chi and has been very solid in the past in stl ..impressive for a road pitcher even as a good as oswalt vs a team that is usally pretty damn good ...wainright got out of some early jams and has a solid history vs houston as well ...I did play houston (and under today ) so maybe i am biased some but think houston had a couple chances in th 7th and 9th vs Stl pen to win it ...Motte struggled again and was pulled with McClellan sealing the deal ...so issues in the stl pen still...

oakland : it looks weird when you see the PK price tag but while King felix has had great success vs oakland his last outing came down to getting morneau to bounce into a 5th inning rally killing Dp ...outman was solid last year and seattle has been okay so far vs the lefties it has seen on offense ...big thing is seattle pen is getting worked abit but also already playing its 6th game ...seattle is like many fav season over wins pick but they were just -150 with a rookie making his ml debut and barely won ...and i played them..anyway I worry about seattle pen here and also think King Felix because he labored some last outing could come out a tad flat ....bedard vs cahill the next game but think outman is the better chance to win ....

thats about all at the moment . cant really make a case to back cc sabathia here but KC has scored 2-2-2-1 this season and done absolutely nothing vs lhps beurhle , danks and pettitte with guillen on the DL if sabathia can just have command of his pitches its a long day for KC..cant pay 2 to 1 and hope for that though ....also interested to see how yanks fair vs a LH ...matsui might sit imo..

cubs ml: dave bush is always an attractive pitcher at home but is just 1-10 last 11 starts vs milwaukee ..big Z toes the rubber for chi now trying to bounce back after another loss in the b9th ...now zambrano also tossed a no no his last start at milw except t was vs houston but also threw a gem his last 08 start in milw , in fact he was filthy vs milw in 08 allwoing just 1 run in 21 innings vs them with 15 hits and always has been tough on them..milw has faced some tough itchers already and has not looked good vs harden or cain even unit for that matter ...bush is an amazing 11-2 last 13 starts as a home pup but cubs also 34-17 last 51 away for zambrano....cubs were pissed for sure especially koyie hill ..

mets ml:sure its livan vs nolasco but livan has had some good returns to pro player winning all 3 since 05 and doing a good job in each,..

nats ml ; well the nats almost go there 1st win and think they do here. lannan was poor last start but he was excellent in his 2 starts down in atl...1 run in 13 innings and kawakami makes his debut ....

tb ml ; possibly could be interested in them as neimann has 2 ml starts and his 1st was a very good outing vs balt ...guthrie was about +170 to nyy and now favored ..

:cheers:

IMO Lannan and the Nats are a steal at +157 asKawakami is an unknown commodity and the ATL bullpen is dogshit.

Peavy -1.5 +150 is also a steal as he will not lay two eggs in a row. If the Padres can score 4 runs then this is golden IMO. I feel I am betting +150 for the Padres to score 3-4 runs.

Cliff Lee +118 at home. Enough said, IMO.

i'm staying away from the m's - thats a funky, stinky line, imo

on the twins and jays so far

i think cliff lee is going to continue his ST troubles, i just don't like him...this years fausto carmona?? j/k, but he's only had one other good year, in '05 and even then he had an era close to 4...

like the nats, will probably add them -ml debut for atl, as you said - good spot for nats

looking forward to see what livan gives the mets, should be an innings eater, and he might be the mets 3rd best SP - yikes - think he might surprise here, tho

Not a thief so i will forget to bet against the 3-1 Braves even passing on the 0-4 Nationals. Like Tampa and the Mets which you mentioned and must be suicidal as I go against Peavy for the second time. .Cubs game looks like a great watch to me. Does Zambrano restart the Saturday road win streak or not. Bush and Brewers very good at home on Saturday. Lee 12-8 over last 20 at home and has gotten great run support. Good game to watch for me.
just trying to muddle through right now. Just think its a little funny that most see Washington as a great option. KC is worth a small bet just because the Yankees may not have a starting pitcher. Could be Washington does not have a starting pitcher. Trying to find some favorites currently. GL

By the way, through 2008 Peavy has 7 wins and 7 losses at home. I guess the team improved a lot this year. He did have a great Saturday home winning streak which broke the last time but he probably does pitch well today. Probably should consider the under.
Took the Tigers under with you and Oakland.. GL

Last edited:
played the over 8.5 runs in Cincy just now , went with Det ml -170 (yikes!!), under det 10.5 -120and under 7.5 cle -105 ....:cheers:

oakland a's MLand -1.5 RL :

I backed king felix in his 1st start and thought immediately afterward that I would fade him the next time out . Reason is his stat line looks great @ minnesota but he survived two jams which would have altered the results of the game and his stats if he didnt do a perfect job . He also twice sprained his ankle and hobbled around all game , which is possibly with ankle one of things that is worse once he stopped picthing imo .

The Mariners got a scare when Hernandez twice turned his right ankle while hustling into fielding position in the fifth inning and hobbled around the mound afterward. Though he said the pain increased as the game wore on, Hernandez retired his final 10 hitters.
“But I’m fine,” Hernandez insisted. “I’m ready for the next one.”
Hernandez is 4-2 with a 2.41 ERA in six career starts at the Coliseum, with complete games in his last two outings.

with Outman is was nice to see Suzuki reap praise upon him but saying its hard to be a LH throwing 94 mph can go unnoticed ...his commandmay not be great lost must young pitchers but seattle isnt exactly an overly patient lineup ...

seattles pen has some question marks and Aardsma tossed 2 innings yesterday so might not be avaible ..

While its true King Felix has dominanted the A's lineup in the past and the Coliseum has always been pitcher friendly , we should not overlook the fact that OAKs makeup has changed . The guy who hits KING best is now in an OAK uniform and its Orlando Cabrera who happened to be 3-3 last night . giambi is only 2/8 but 4 walks to 1 k is better then past DHs ..

Oakland (2-2) is hoping that the addition of Cabrera, signed as a free agent in March, will help reverse that lack of success. Cabrera is 15-for-30 in his career against the Hernandez and that .500 average is the highest by any player with at least 20 plate appearances versus the right-hander.

Also with seattle they havent shown me much vs LHSP yet : Liriano - thank the long ball , Perkins managed 2 runs and Brett Anderson only one big and tricky 2nd inning otherwise next to nothing ...and while the King has been very good vs oakland he has 1 poor start and 1 worse then medicore @ oak in 6 starts ....

only gets worse for OAk the next few games facing Bedard , Lester and DiceK.....

really interested to see what happens in the Yankee game -

- yanks have been notoriously poor on the road vs lhp last few years and also w/o ARod

- CC was poor the 1st outing but he wasnt hit hard which is a good sign imo and you had to lay essentially the same price for him but one game he faced Jeremy Guthrie and now its Horacio Ramirez.....and Jose Guillen just went to the DL ......really doesnt scream much value to me and probably would be closer to -280 if CC hadnt struggled the 1st time...

:cheers:

LAA w/ Saunders on the mound looks good. Saunders is 4-0 w/ 2.89 against the RSox in his career. In his 4 outtings against the RSox last yr, he went 4.2ip - 4er, 6ip - 2er, 6.2ip - 2er, 6ip - 3er. Last yr Saunders was a better pitcher on the road but he also was 7-0 during the day though. Saunders picking up right where he left off in 2008 with a very strong first start going 6.2ip-0er. RSox counter with Penny who pitches in a new league off shoulder surgery. Penny will be limited to about 85 pitches today but he did touch 96 in the spring..I don't think his shoulder is going to allow him to be as efficient as he would like and the Angels always tough home team, playing with a lot of emotion in this home stand for Adenhart. Angels won 9/13 last yr vs. Sox

great stuff ETG actually saved me sometime . had played LAA ml essentially for why you posted and didnt have to do waste time commenting on it because you echoed ny thoughts . Stll like fading teams going cross country as well for the 1st time ...

have 1st 5 inn houston (small houston play full ) , Oakland ML (andsome +1.5 & -1.5 rl) , and LAA pending now...

Nearly pulled out the CLE under but Ryan is just lost at the moment even got a DP had 2 out and no on with the 9 hitter up and couldnt finish it ...shit happens that gambling and I liked to see how many totals which opened at a number and droppeda 1/2 run actually went over . Seems like all the line moves on totals have been correct to date ...had more on the Pitt over and take that top 9th to hit it ....

nearly perfect start ...

:cheers:gl

@ Pro Player :

think Nolasco was solid but not spectular in his 1st outing and Mets hit him fairly well despite the lack of runs in 08 ..

scheinder 3/11 double walk 2ks
delgado 2/14 1hr 3 rbi 1bb 3k
castillo 4/7 k sb
reyes 6/17 triple 2hr 2rbi 1bb 2k
wright 7/16 double 2hr 4 rbi 2k
beltran 4/15 4k
murphy 3/8 2k

would like to see Tatis play for Church..
Church 0/6 bb 5ks vs Tatis 2/6 triple rbi k

only 6 abs each but looks like CHurch was clueless vs Nolasco so anything would be better then that right ...??

Livan as a visitor @ FLA: <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Group_Header><TD class=Group_Header width="100%">LIVAN HERNANDEZ'S TEAM IS 7-6 SU IN THESE GAMES.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Column_Headers><TD class=Column_Headers width="8%">DATE</TD><TD class=Column_Headers width="8%">PITCHED FOR</TD><TD class=Column_Headers width="7%">RUNS</TD><TD class=Column_Headers width="8%">OPP</TD><TD class=Column_Headers width="7%">RUNS</TD><TD class=Column_Headers width="4%">IP</TD><TD class=Column_Headers width="4%">ER</TD><TD class=Column_Headers width="4%">BB</TD><TD class=Column_Headers width="3%">K'S</TD><TD class=Column_Headers width="8%">TEAM RESULT</TD><TD class=Column_Headers width="8%">O/U</TD><TD class=Column_Headers width="8%">O/U RESULT</TD><TD class=Column_Headers width="8%">MONEY LINE</TD><TD class=Column_Headers width="15%">OPP PITCHER</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">08/16/2007</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">ARI</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="7%">5</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">@FLA</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="7%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">7</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">1</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="3%">0</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">W</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%"></TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">U</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">-125</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="15%">D Barone</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">07/31/2005</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">WSH</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="7%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">@FLA</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="7%">2</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">8</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">2</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">1</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="3%">5</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">W</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">7</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">U</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">-125</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="15%">B Moehler</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">04/09/2005</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">WSH</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="7%">3</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">@FLA</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="7%">2</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">7</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">0</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">1</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="3%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">W</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%"></TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">U</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">-125</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="15%">B Moehler</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">09/16/2004</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">MON</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="7%">3</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">@FLA</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="7%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">8</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">5</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="3%">3</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">L</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%"></TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">U</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">-200</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="15%">D Willis</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">07/30/2004</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">MON</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="7%">9</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">@FLA</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="7%">0</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">9</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">0</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">1</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="3%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">W</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%"></TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">O</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">-170</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="15%">J Beckett</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">04/06/2004</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">MON</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="7%">3</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">@FLA</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="7%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">6</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">2</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">1</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="3%">8</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">L</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">8</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">U</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">-155</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="15%">J Beckett</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">08/30/2003</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">MON</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="7%">3</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">@FLA</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="7%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">6</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">3</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">3</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="3%">8</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">L</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">8</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">U</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">-105</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="15%">C Pavano</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">05/28/2003</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">MON</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="7%">3</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">@FLA</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="7%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">6</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">3</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">1</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="3%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">L</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%"></TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">U</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">110</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="15%">T Phelps</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">08/19/2002</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">SF</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="7%">3</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">@FLA</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="7%">0</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">9</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">0</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">2</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="3%">8</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">W</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">9</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">U</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">125</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="15%">J Tavarez</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">05/15/2001</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">SF</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="7%">7</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">@FLA</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="7%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">6</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">1</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="3%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">W</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%"></TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">O</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">-115</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="15%">R Dempster</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">04/26/2000</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">SF</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="7%">8</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">@FLA</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="7%">7</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">8</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">3</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">1</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="3%">6</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">W</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%"></TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">O</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">150</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="15%">V Nunez</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">04/03/2000</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">SF</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="7%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">@FLA</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="7%">6</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">6</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">3</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="4%">1</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="3%">5</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">L</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">9</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">O</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="8%">125</TD><TD class=AlternatingData2 width="15%">A Fernandez</TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">08/09/1999</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">SF</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="7%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">@FLA</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="7%">5</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">7.66</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">3</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="4%">2</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="3%">4</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">L</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%"></TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">U</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="8%">140</TD><TD class=AlternatingData1 width="15%">D Springer
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

thats 10 consecutive starts @ Florida where when he started the Marlins scored 4 or less runs in the entire games and actually the 2 april 2000 starts it was mostly unearned runs with 5 in the 2 starts ...in 13 outings he always lasted at least 6 innings ...in the last 6 meetings he was the true underdog and he won the last 3 facing maginal sp like brone and moehler and while only winning 1 of 3 previously he lost 4-3 twice despite opposing Dtrain and Beckett twice ....

now lets be honest here and say Livan allowed a 340+ BAA last season but also was in the AL and with COL ...also though he wasnt to bad to start the season for about 2 months that finally became BP..he actually delivered 9 very solid or better starts IMO of his 1st 10 starts of the season...is it just that he wears down at some point ?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left>May 17</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>@ COL</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>L 2-3</TD><TD class=yspscores>L</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7.1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>8</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>6</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>65.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3.88</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left> May 12</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>BOS</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>W 7-3</TD><TD class=yspscores>W</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>6.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>10</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>6</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>57.2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3.90</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left> May 7</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>@ CHW</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>W 13-1</TD><TD class=yspscores>W</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>9.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>9</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>5</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>51.2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3.83</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left> May 2</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>DET</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>W 11-1</TD><TD class=yspscores>W</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>8</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>4</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>4</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>42.2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>4.43</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18> Date</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Opponent</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Score</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Dec</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>IP</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>H</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>R</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>ER</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>HR</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>BB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>K</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>W</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>L</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>SV</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>BS</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>HLD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>IP</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>ERA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left> Apr 27</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>@ TEX</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>L 0-10</TD><TD class=yspscores>L</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2.2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>9</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16></TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>35.2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>5.05</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left> Apr 22</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>@ OAK</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>W 5-4
</TD><TD class=yspscores>-</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>6.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>4</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>4</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>33.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3.55</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left> Apr 16</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>TAM</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>W 6-5</TD><TD class=yspscores>-</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>6.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>8</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>5</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>27.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3.00</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left> Apr 11</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>@ KAN</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>W 5-0</TD><TD class=yspscores>W</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>21.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2.57</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left> Apr 5</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>KAN</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>W 6-4</TD><TD class=yspscores>W</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>4</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>4</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>14.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>3.86</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18> Date</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Opponent</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Score</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Dec</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>IP</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>H</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>R</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>ER</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>HR</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>BB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>K</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>W</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>L</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>SV</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>BS</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>HLD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>IP</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>ERA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores align=left> Mar 31</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>LAA</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>W 3-2</TD><TD class=yspscores>W</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16> </TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>7.0</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>2.57</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

62.1 inn 71 hits 21 earned 7hrs 10bb 19K and his team was 8-1 including a 3-2 road loss ...in the 9 solid or better starts...day game at Texas he was shelled no suprise really .....and after 3 terrible starts with COL to start he finished fairly solid IMO..sort of the suprise pitcher in ST for NYM..

1st5 ML Mets
Mets ML +130
Mets +1.5 RL-155
Under 5 runs Florida if you have balls ....:cheers:

Back