Saturday Discussion

catfood

Flying Frenchman
I like it when we do this kind of thread...Tomorrow the habs are in Long Island. Its interesting to note that itll be Yann Denis in nets for NYI. Yann Denis used to be in the Montreal organization. He even played with the habs a bit and had a winning record and a good save percentage, and also had a shutout but with the depth of goaltending in the habs organization, he never really had/was given a chance. The farm team in the AHL didn't renew his contract prior to this season again because of the ridiculous depth the habs have at this position. Im just saying this in case some people see this stranger slated to start and think the habs will have a field day. This is a good goalie whos patiently waited and now is getting his chance, against the team who let him go to boot.

Sounds like NYI ATS might be a good play... Along with Under 5.5 (last 3 games between those 2 teams - totals were: 3-5-4) especially considering how well NY played @ PHI (from defensive standpoint) while MON scored only a combined 5 goals over their last 2 games.

Thanks for the info, cat!

:cheers:

I was thinking UNDER as well, and I dont know about you Unicorn but NYI is a pretty big homedog, they got to win sooner or later, Im going to find it hard to resist, Im also going to find Atlanta hard to resist...In other news, the habs are actively pursuing Ilya Kovalchuk.

I really don't like the Isles in this game. If DiPietro was playing in the net and healthy I would like the Isles cause the home team is 26-10 in this series.

A couple of games to look at for sure would be the Bruins, Sabres and St Louis.

The Stars play well vs the Bruins but I am watching the Stars vs the Hawks. Until they get Zubov back which is suppose to against the Bruins. Stars PP is terrible. He is the QB of that PP IMO.

Washington will still be without AO and he returns Monday. The Sabres just got a beatdown by TB at home and I don't think we will see another shit performance from them back to back at home.

Crosby is out for the Pens and they are in St. Louis. The Blues PP is 4th in the league. Pitt is 27th in the league in scoring

will probably play Atl +1.5 - they have been competitive on the road, losing a lot of close one goal games - just can't seem to get over the hump so not really interested in ml. will play CBJ - Columbus has played well at home despite a tough schedule and are rested, Chicago had to play tonight and has been bad on the road. Looking at NYR and OTT.

sup boys! just a note, ovechkin won't be in the line up tomorrow, and i like the spot that buffalo is in...they have lost 2 straight and got their asses wiped by the senators

This is the trends between these teams...

• Capitals are 1-4 in the last 5 meetings in Buffalo.
  • Road team is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings.
  • Capitals are 3-13 in the last 16 meetings.
  • Over is also 4-1 in the last 5 meetings
With those trends and stats mixed with how buffalo has been the last two games, I like the win for them tomorrow.

Actually do not like this Carolina team at all. Give me some reason not to play them tomorrow. Yes some play on Islanders is proper if he has been playing well in whatever format he was involved in.

Liking Tampa to continue. Ottawa slowing down. Smith back and playing with rest

Good morning guys.

Going out in a few minutes and won't be back until this afternoon but so far, this is what I'm thinking:

NY Rangers -130 @ Toronto ?
- this line seems to BEG you to take NYR. So far, in the last 7 meetings between these two, favorite has been only 4-3 SU and that's with 2 overtimes! I'm thinking TOR here, especially since Valiquette (only 3.00 GAA and 89.3% in his road starts) is probable for NYR.

Atlanta @ New Jersey -230 ?
- definitely the HUGE value on ATL - I can say for sure even this early that I'm definitely going to play ATL +1.5 and think about even taking them on the ML. I'll post my thoughts and reasons about this game in my thread later but this surely is a nice spot for them NOT to get destroyed like the line is suggesting!

Ottawa @ Tampa -108
- NOT going to touch this game, both teams feeling great and playing good hockey

Florida @ Nashville -165
- Vokoun (only 0-2-0 3.54 GAA and 87.5% in his road starts) is probable for Florida and with all important injuries this team's having lately, I'm probably going with Nashville -0.5 here, especially if Pekka will start

Pittsburgh @ St.Louis
- my local bookie has STL -0.5 at +135 so that's what I might end up playing. Lots of angles in STL favor, and now I've heard that Chris Mason (1.03 GAA and 96.6% at home) is very probable to start tonight for them.

Minnesota @ Phoenix -125
- will Minny be able bounce back tonight? I think they might be in a very good spot to really do it. Will wait for starting goalies and injury reports though.

Calgary -125 @ Los Angeles
- thinking Calgary here, -0.5 (there were no OT games between these two teams in their last 5 meetings). LaBarbera is confirmed to start again for LA who will definitely try to end their recent losing streak but the way the Flames have been playing lately, it won't be easy

That's all from me for now, cya later in the afternoon, g2g!

I really don't like the Isles in this game. If DiPietro was playing in the net and healthy I would like the Isles cause the home team is 26-10 in this series.

A couple of games to look at for sure would be the Bruins, Sabres and St Louis.

The Stars play well vs the Bruins but I am watching the Stars vs the Hawks. Until they get Zubov back which is suppose to against the Bruins. Stars PP is terrible. He is the QB of that PP IMO.

Washington will still be without AO and he returns Monday. The Sabres just got a beatdown by TB at home and I don't think we will see another shit performance from them back to back at home.

Crosby is out for the Pens and they are in St. Louis. The Blues PP is 4th in the league. Pitt is 27th in the league in scoring

Youre right about the Zubov factor, teams miss their Defensemen more than their forwards. Thats why Buffalo scares me a tad without Rivet, but yes I agree, I dont think we see another performance like last time.

Actually do not like this Carolina team at all. Give me some reason not to play them tomorrow. Yes some play on Islanders is proper if he has been playing well in whatever format he was involved in.

I havent seen Carolina at home yet. But on the road, they play very prudently, even in the offensive zone, the centreman will hang inbetween his defensemen, and once in a while will dash towards the goalie if a scoring opportunity is seeming to present itself. This style of play is what causing their road games to go UNDER IMO, but I dont know if they play like this at home.

Nashville's Dan Ellis is getting close to unbeatable on Saturdays (9-1 last year) 3-0 this year.

Youre right about the Zubov factor, teams miss their Defensemen more than their forwards. Thats why Buffalo scares me a tad without Rivet, but yes I agree, I dont think we see another performance like last time.

Yea, but Zubov compared to rivet.. buffalo still has Lydman, NUmminen, Paetsche, Spacek, Tallinder...but boy does Dallas need Zubov back and fast...personally, it's just the situation for me :)

Back