Saturday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 13 Sat 2024

Last edited:
not exactly a favorable pitching matchup but i'd still lean to playing stros at plus money, just riding the hot team, pretty impressive stros been able to dig their way out the massive hole they were in and they still not fully healthy. stros top 3 hitters all have real solid numbers vs eovaldi. i don't think rangers have ever faced Areghetti so that might help.

actually think the way to go here is stros ff ov 1.5, -135 juice isn't bad, i trust they can get 2 runs with the top 3 history vs eovaldi.

i think kc/bos a incredibly even matchup so getting +120ish on royals seems like the play to me, game a total coin flip imo, i'd play either one with the plus here.

not sure i want to play cle w way they struggling the past week but even money with i think a favorable pitching matchup and better pen it them or nothing. although littell ov 3.5 k's at even money is tempting as well.

ff u4.5 feels high with both team totals at 1.5, not big on Littell but cle offense has hit a bit a wall which not as shocking as how they performed over their heads lot of 1st half. trust williams to have a strong start, would have loved to get ov4.5 k's again but they have moved him up to 5.5 even tho he hasn't fanned 6 as of yet. think he prob will punch out 6+ here but not sure lot of value playing that.

Last edited:
just realized cubs/cards playing a dh, that explains why no line up for that game and makes it a tad different, i hate double headers!

i think kirby will shut laa offense down but not sure best way to take advantage of that? dont like the juice and allergic to laying the half run on seattle ff cause their offense can lay a egg at any moment, they have been hitting a bit more but still don't trust them. maybe laa ff u1.5?

Reds rl looks like easy money around +125

my only issue is Cabrera is talented enough to keep reds offense in check, i have no clue if he healthy or all way back from injury having only made the one start off the iIL and only going 3.2 innings in that one. if i was confident Cabrera was 100% i'd prob look at ff under but im not sure and daytime unders in that bandbox not my fav thing.

i dont think abbot will have much trouble w fish lineup the only bad thing i saw he has been better in his night starts but i doubt that a issue vs fish and their sub .600 ops vs lhp!

in no world would i back fish, just a little hesitant to lay the -1.5 today w cincy out of respect for how much i like Cabrera's talent. there just other plays i like better on this card.

Would love to be able to find team batting stats vs pitch type. It's really annoying that you can't find this anywhere. Maybe stathead has it? But I don't pay for it.

Trying to layer in another criteria of team vs a specific pitch type, when it's the pitcher's dominant pitch getting most of his outs.

i think kc/bos a incredibly even matchup so getting +120ish on royals seems like the play to me, game a total coin flip imo, i'd play either one with the plus here.

I agree--Love KC again today, they won me some last night. and with Lights out Lugo, they should keep the sox bats quiet again. Pirates, Twins and Braves were too good to pass up along with Porkopolis Reds, and Dodgers. Also pounded Mets Over again due to the pitching in this game and Drekman the Umpire RUNS Rainmaker. 14-3 Over this year, over 12 runs, hes basically an auto over play when he is listed but the situation was juice too. Think Cubs take game 1, Lance Lynn has allowed 7 ER in 4 of his last 5 starts vs. cubs, and 10 last start, he is back to being a gas can again at times. Had to hit cubbies team total over 4 with the situation today. But do think Cards bounce back in Game 2 with Gibson. I could be opposite on both, never know with DH's. Riding Houston to glory in the texas showdown deep in the heart of texas, always risky with Spaghetti arghetti pitching Did real well with Euro and Copa so far, trying my luck with Uruguay 1st half/-1 and the under 2.5 goals tonight. GL

Note to self, Ohtani and Freeman are at the top of the order for the Dodgers... probably not a good idea 🙃

Well the Cubs/Cards over was easy in the 1st inning, but the cubs ML bet is all but dead. They got some terrible luck the first few hitters, could tell a big inning was coming after 3 straight got on board on plays they should have gotten an out. 9 runs after it was over, poor guy has to eat it though as cubs cant burn their pen too much today as Assad in game 2 is just off IL so limited PC....makes me want to pound Cards a bit more for game 2, cubs will be very thin in their bullpen. Dodgers over was easy enough now hope their pen can lock it down.

Dodgers just choked away a 9-4 lead in the 9th, could see the wheels falling off. They bring in the 2nd guy to close it out with 2 outs, 9-7 but he had terrible reverse splits. Lefty bangs a homer to tie it. saw that coming.

Dodgers just choked away a 9-4 lead in the 9th, could see the wheels falling off. They bring in the 2nd guy to close it out with 2 outs, 9-7 but he had terrible reverse splits. Lefty bangs a homer to tie it. saw that coming.

Still trying to figure out how I lost that bet. Couldn’t believe what I was watching.

Back