Saturday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
May 13 Sat 2023

Doesn’t have anything to do with todays games but the Rays have pitchers dropping like flies! First it was Springs right after getting a contract and now Rasmussen has serious issues and gonna be down for awhile at least. That sucks, he been one my favorite underrated pitchers k props to play! They better hope Glastnow doesn’t hit any speed bumps, even the rays gonna run out of starting pitching depth eventually!

Lodolo vs alcontera should be a heck of a pitching matchup, fish getting a ton of respect there, maybe too much?

I think teams are gonna struggle with that Miller kid from seattle the 1st time they see him, he has a very herky jerky delivery that can’t be easy to pick up the ball.

Mets are not hitting for shit and starting another suspect pitcher nats can probably hit. Said it yesterday I’ll say it again, beware of the Mets this weekend!

Be mindful of potential rain in several cities w games today, not gonna list them cause weather reports are mostly shit!! Just know it probably be a good idea to look close at weather any game you thinking bout playing, especially if you playing a pitcher prop! Nothing sucks more than your pitcher having to leave early cause he gets stuck in a delay a few innings into his start!

I really don’t play under props but it was kinda crazy they opened Joe Ryan at 7.5 k’s, im a big fan, have bet him a few times but 7.5? That was insane! I see he already been bet down to 6.5 with lot of juice on the over, that still a bit rich for my blood. Ryan swinging strike rate was looking elite to start the year but it has come down a bit, it still a few ticks higher than ever before in his career so I’d be careful playing him with the lines they posting now. Nothing against Ryan just don’t think his Arsenal is elite, it plenty good but 7.5s or 6.5 w heavy juice should only be played on with elite k guys imo.

Daring me to play rangers, lol. I assume that clown who blew last nights game won’t pitch today, he terrible, all 92mph fastballs up, what they think would happen? Really just comes down to whether last start gray is what we get or the others? He looked way more like the guy I think he is against seattle but seattle hasn’t exactly been setting the world on fire. Rangers lineup gets another lhp, id think they score Some runs. A’s lineup is looking better with some young hitters getting more comfortable but they only time they have won 2 in a row all season was against the equally hapless royals. At this price I think ya just play rangers and live with results, just hope gray from last start shows up.

Not sure wtf to do with cards/Sox today? I don’t like matz but I also don’t like Sox lineup as much vs lhp, quite the conundrum! I think cards ability to hit lhp is a bit overstated, previous years very true and yes they have a middle the order with guys who do but the last year or 2 more lefty bats have found their way into lineup, cards pretty much refuse to play Gorman vs lhp which I think is stupid but is what it is. After a hot start vs lhp this year their numbers have progressively sank, we just saw a dude who hadn’t pitched in a few years pretty much dominate them other than the 1st inning home run. I’m not sure I agree with this total or way it moving? I certainly wouldn’t want to play the entire game under, no chance I’m trusting the pen In Fenway, I don’t love the idea of trusting matz cause if he walking everyone he could sink this totsl himself but the 1st 5 under 5.5 has some appeal to me. 3-2 after 5 feels kinda like the high side to me barring a disaster from matz!!

I really like nats Ff tt ov1.5 and some nats Ff but the hour by hour weather report doesn’t look good, looking at the radar I see a glob of rain fairly close to DC but the way it moving it really hard to tell if it gonna make it way over the area or not? I hate weather games!

Berrios drives me kinda crazy but I played his k prop ov 5.5 +105. Even tho I think it a bit a guessing game far as whether or not he pitches well I do think him pitching well means a very high likelihood he fans 6+, when they not bashing the ball Braves strike out a lot! Imo +105 made it worth it, since the crappy start to year he been very solid.

How crazy the line move been on Ramgers/A’s? Opened around -160 I think, gets bet all way down to -135 when I played it. Now it has shot back up above the open! Don’t see that much. Wonder what happened there?? Was it simply a early sharp or group playin A’s then all us squares jumped on the reduced price for texas or did somebody move it on purpose then come back on other side along with us squares? I’d love to know

Nats Ff tt went up to 2.5 also. Hope some got on the 1.5. I tried to wait and see weather, I still don’t know if they play it? Kinda looks like the rain will stay north of dc but I don’t know exactly where park is. Anyways I didn’t get the 1.5 I really wanted, kinda pissed me off. Took a little shot on nats Ff ml since I missed the 1.5. Figure if they can score 2+ thru 5 innings with way Mets struggling to hit they have a pretty good chance to have lead.

It’s crazy the way fish keep pushing alcontera till he gives up bunch of runs. I didn’t really understand him pitching so many innings last year even tho he was mostly great. They have him on a team friendly deal for several years, doesn’t make sense to burn out your own asset!! Had he been on last his contract and they knew he was leaving it woulda made more sense. This year he struggling a bit, not sure why they wouldn’t take the well pitched 7 innings and shake his hand? Always trying to squeeze the last drop out of him is kinda stupid imo.

How crazy the line move been on Ramgers/A’s? Opened around -160 I think, gets bet all way down to -135 when I played it. Now it has shot back up above the open! Don’t see that much. Wonder what happened there?? Was it simply a early sharp or group playin A’s then all us squares jumped on the reduced price for texas or did somebody move it on purpose then come back on other side along with us squares? I’d love to know

Well A’s changed pitchers at sone point, that certainly part the move but not sure kaprielian is that much worse than Sears? Plus Sears left handed which rangers hit better than rhp. kaprielian had a terrible start to year before being sent down but I’d assume he was brought back cause he figured things out? Anyways, I guess that kinda solves the mystery.

I also played

Gallen ov 17.5 outs -190

Expensive but do the math, Gallen chances of going at least 6 innings higher than line suggest imo, quite a bit higher! I don’t have anything against his k’s ov 6.5 I just liked this better. I think he probably will need 6 innings to go 7k’s, he could have one his sick punch out games but if that the case I think he for sure go 6+. He doesn’t really do the inefficient k’s like some guys who waste a ton of pitches and end up walking ppl, he not afraid to attack hitters!

I think that will be everything for me. Don’t see making another trip. I guess Gallen outs and zona Ff is all I’m playing tonight.

I wanted to play the pads but I passed.

I saw rain issues in balty so I didn’t look much at that game.

I really wanted to fade Cease/play houston as he been fucjing terrible, don’t know much bout Stros pitcher tho and I’m sure the minute I fade Cease he will all a sudden figure it out, something up with him tho, he not even dominating bad lineups anymore! Hou Ff tt ov1.5 not a bad look.

Don’t like clevland lineup enough but not playing detmers and halo’s pen as favs.

Milw team total is worth a look imo, I think they could knock Greinke around. I do kinda like milw tt ov 4.5,

Last edited:
How stupid can Boston be? Keep going to 1 pitch Jansen, cards can hit him! Bring in anyone who has a slider, not this cutter throwing clown.

Manager a god damn idiot. The only pitcher they have cards can hit and that who they being in cause “he the closer”??!! So what? Give him the day off after getting smashed yesterday! Don’t let him come in and blow another game! Cards are lethal against a guy throwing nothing but cutters!! Just dumb.

Back