Saturday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 9 Sat 2022

Mariners as dogs again? Yes please! Gilbert has been roughed up a little this spring but that doesn’t bother me much as pitchers are often working on certain things more than worrying bout the result, I rather see that than Grey who didn’t pitch in any spring game! I can’t imagine we see Sonny go more than 3-4 innings, if that.

Mariners as dogs again? Yes please! Gilbert has been roughed up a little this spring but that doesn’t bother me much as pitchers are often working on certain things more than worrying bout the result, I rather see that than Grey who didn’t pitch in any spring game! I can’t imagine we see Sonny go more than 3-4 innings, if that.
Fuck.

Syndergaard looked pretty good in spring, who knows what they get from him/how long he hold up tho? Jv has pretty much owned Halo’s since joining houston. Stros hit bunch of solo jacks yesterday but other than the 1 inning bad inning from bunch of laa pen the bats been kinda lacking in this series, kinda like the FF under.

I love the twins today

You might be right. I just play numbers bro, seems crazy to me twins laying that but certainly don’t mean they can’t or won’t win. Just don’t think that number is close to representing either teams true chances. Seriously how many innings is grey gonna pitch? I’d be shocked if he went past 4, if seattle takes good abs id think less. Feel like they pricing grey vs Gilbert when I don’t think grey gonna have much impact in outcome.

You might be right. I just play numbers bro, seems crazy to me twins laying that but certainly don’t mean they can’t or won’t win. Just don’t think that number is close to representing either teams true chances. Seriously how many innings is grey gonna pitch? I’d be shocked if he went past 4, if seattle takes good abs id think less. Feel like they pricing grey vs Gilbert when I don’t think grey gonna have much impact in outcome.
Was that the wildest 2 opening days you’ve seen? Feel like it was

And I was the victim of every extra inning and walk off yesterday

I lost a few extra inning/1run games myself, plus rangers blowing a 7-0 lead before the 5th was over! Lol. That ok tho, if I’m losing dogs like that I’m pretty confident I’m making the right plays.

Was that the wildest 2 opening days you’ve seen? Feel like it was

It was def up there. Prob has a bit to do with fact nobody got enough work in this spring, no starters have come close to 100 pitches I don’t think. Think I saw it was the most extra inning open day games in history.

It crazy I’m a bit scared of cards offense to play a Ff under with them (can’t remember anytime the last decade that been the case!) Maybe pirates team total under the way to go again? Cards havnt really hit Keller but I do think their lineup way deeper than before. Cards pitchers love padding their numbers vs pirates lineup!

I would play tigers if ya made me but left it alone. Feels like a coin flip and gotta like the way tigers kept battling back yesterday

Fwiw Gray did pitch on 4/3 vs Baltimore. 48 pitches, 4 scoreless innings

So Arizona has been no hit by both pads starters so far? Only have the 1 inning they have scored any runs. Pads offense ain’t been much better, the roof been opened also hasn’t it? Usually get all kinds of offense down there when that the case! Guess don’t matter how much ball flies if nobody can hit it! Lol

I don’t particularly like favs but think I prefer cards in that price range to the brewers. Not worried that woodruff has got knocked around in spring, I don’t think that means much, I just don’t know crap bout cubs starter and don’t trust milw lineup.
Woody didn't get knocked around today, but he did go blind. He started the game by giving up 4 walks/HBP in a row. Later gave up 3 singles in a row. I'll assume he's injured and fighting through it?

So Arizona has been no hit by both pads starters so far? Only have the 1 inning they have scored any runs. Pads offense ain’t been much better, the roof been opened also hasn’t it? Usually get all kinds of offense down there when that the case! Guess don’t matter how much ball flies if nobody can hit it! Lol
Hot roof action.

Woody didn't get knocked around today, but he did go blind. He started the game by giving up 4 walks/HBP in a row. Later gave up 3 singles in a row. I'll assume he's injured and fighting through it?

Yea he def struggled, more w hits than walks in spring but could still been a control thing. I typically don’t read much into that in spring cause guys often not worried bout results, they often working on certain pitch or just getting feel but now it carrying over into games that count it might be time for some concern? Of course didn’t much matter how he pitched today, reason I don’t like milw been glaring in 1st few games, the lineup not scaring anyone!

Brewers kinda remind me of more recent versions of cards w good pitching but weak Ass lineup. I’m kinda excited to see cards this year with maybe some question marks in rotation but they should score plenty, have a pretty potent and deep lineup, quite the change around here! Lol. Cards still got a excellent defense and they might not really have a ace but think they got guys who be good enough in regular season, just dunno how that play come playoffs when they facing aces?

Last edited:
Back