Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
Bowl record

ATS, 2-1, +2700
HT, 3-0, +4000
Totals 0-2, -4100
Hedging 1-1, -200

Total, 6-4, +2400

* Counted hedging on BC game as a win and a loss

Sorry for the late post , waited to get the right number. Got it.

WF -1, -120, 4 units; 2400-2000. WIN

adds:

MSU ML +120, 2000-2400. WIN
MSU +3, -110, 4 units; 2200-2000 WIN
MSU 2H +1.5, +105, 2 units; 1000-1050 WIN
A&M +3 2H +115, 2 units; 1000-1150. LOSS and bad read on my part

Leans later with plays coming:

Miss St (sml)
A and M (possibly very large)

More later guys, trying to cap the CBB hard today also. Not enough time

:cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
With you here bro.

Yesterday Maryland was a sucker bet. I screwed myself and got sucked in. I had planned on teasing TCU and Maryland and switched it to a parlay. I think the fact that Maryland had to play cross country and Oregon State defense was underrate was left out of many of our equations. The reason I knew it was a sucker bet was how many cases did we here for Orgeon State as the play yesterday?? I didnt see one. Worse is I turned onMike and the Mad Dog here in NY and naturally one of those bums touted on every stat and comment that every person in the world like Maryland for. That was my caution sign I failed to adhere to.

Anyway rolling with Wake Forest ML cause my book had -2 ...no need for reasoning now.

It's so tough to look at the damn college board...

Tough to call MD a "sucker bet", considering if they hit a chip shot FG they cover the #.

Though, they were dominated for 3 quarters of the game.

TEE who you like on the CEntral Florida vs MISS state game? I am getting pumped for GSP tonight, want to set up an account at a book that i saw him at -200 only.

I have not seen Miss state play i only saw cent florida play when they got killed by South Florida. ANy thoughts?

NIce one on Wake buddy, they made me sweat, but came through bigtime in the 2nd half as I though they could as they are dominant vs one dimensional teams

Sorry posted this without seeing what u wrote.

TEE who you like on the CEntral Florida vs MISS state game? I am getting pumped for GSP tonight, want to set up an account at a book that i saw him at -200 only.

I have not seen Miss state play i only saw cent florida play when they got killed by South Florida. ANy thoughts?

NIce one on Wake buddy, they made me sweat, but came through bigtime in the 2nd half as I though they could as they are dominant vs one dimensional teams

Miss State has had a lot of lucky breaks this year but they play with tremendous emotion and have great defensive speed.. Smith is good but when a defense reads about him for 4 weeks they get fired up to stop him. What is after Smith? Take my chances.. UCF saw a real fast defense once all year and that was So Fla who drilled them. Meanwhile, Miss St did quite well against McFadden... Don't think the points will be needed so played the ML

Never heard of GSP until yesterday..Hope you hit it:cheers:

add:

MIss St ML +120, 2000-2400.

Keep it rolling:cheers:

Looks good from the top of my head, beating Kentucky and ALabama and playing vs tennesee and ARkansas, is good, but Central Florida did not really beat any amazing teams, what would they do in the SEC?

Similar logic to our Wake forest pick, team has worse record but played vs elite teams all year.

You will hear about GSP, I assure you he is already a legend in VEGAS and in the States, the AMerican fans boo their own american fighters vs the Canadian born GSP. The guy is like Van Damn, everything that he says sounds so funny, and he is deadly .

ATS price dropped, grabbed some to go with my ML

Miss st +3, -110, 4 units; 2200-2000

Tough to call MD a "sucker bet", considering if they hit a chip shot FG they cover the #.

Though, they were dominated for 3 quarters of the game.

It's a losing bet. The great characteristic of a sucker bet is that 99% of the Terps bakcers would make that bet again. It doesnt matter how or why it lost it lost. The winning TD was fumble recovery who caps that? Doesnt matter. About deciphering the info before kick and no worrying how it plays out. Sports outcomes tend to be dictated by shifts in momentum(Beaver TD before half , then a fluky fumble recovery, not suprised Terps miss a short FG) )

Everywhere we turned it was about Freigdens great bowl track record! Did yesterdays loss really tarnish that ? It also didnt help him win. They played poorly and lost cause they just arent very good on offense which is no newsflash. I dont mean anyone is stupid for taking it ( ( Iknew it was trouble and still did) but the fact was it was priced perfectly cause many felt worst case Terps lose by 3 which was probably the best case. Second because they missed that FG they also just ran the clock out. In a 4 pt game maybe they kick the FG or punch it in late as well...

If you lose by alittle or alot it still costs the same.

With you here bro.

Yesterday Maryland was a sucker bet. I screwed myself and got sucked in. I had planned on teasing TCU and Maryland and switched it to a parlay. I think the fact that Maryland had to play cross country and Oregon State defense was underrate was left out of many of our equations. The reason I knew it was a sucker bet was how many cases did we here for Orgeon State as the play yesterday?? I didnt see one. Worse is I turned onMike and the Mad Dog here in NY and naturally one of those bums touted on every stat and comment that every person in the world like Maryland for. That was my caution sign I failed to adhere to.

Anyway rolling with Wake Forest ML cause my book had -2 ...no need for reasoning now.

It's so tough to look at the damn college board...

I made a case for Oregon State and so did VegasKyle. Their front 7 is about as salty as you can get. If SportsNut lines up and plays QB for them, they win that game by 3 TD's.

The fact of the matter is the Beavers dominated the football game. 383 yards to 224. 24 first downs to 11. They had 3 turnovers, two of which were in the red zone. They also had one missed FG. All that, and they lost their starting QB one series into the game. Maryland was ultra-lucky to be in that game as long as they were.

I made a case for Oregon State and so did VegasKyle. Their front 7 is about as salty as you can get. If SportsNut lines up and plays QB for them, they win that game by 3 TD's.

The fact of the matter is the Beavers dominated the football game. 383 yards to 224. 24 first downs to 11. They had 3 turnovers, two of which were in the red zone. They also had one missed FG. All that, and they lost their starting QB one series into the game. Maryland was ultra-lucky to be in that game as long as they were.

I dont read the boards much just seemed everywhere I turned everyone was talking Maryland. Thats not such a bad thing except it was for the same reasons. One thing I have learned is you know alot more then I do about these teams so I do love to read / hear your thoughts on the matchups. Basically what I am saying is wish I had seen it. Cause I needed the push..I was aware of Ore St defense but the who QB situation scared me.

Basically my point about sucker bets is when you like the play you feel like that your recieving value that really isnt there...

GL:cheers:

What ya think about A&M here...leaning Penn State

I like Penn State on no real research other then A&M played terribly against everyone other then Texas at the end of the year....Fresno State , Miami , Ok State , Mizzou , etc.. laying -5

+15 units on the day:smiley_abvm:money;

Good work I tailed you on the MIss st 2nd half play and won thanks,

laying off the late one, going to watch UFC and hopefull win that GSP bet, but I will only take what i can afford to lose, starting to get on a roll don';t want one bet to screw me.

U on the giants with me bro

I like Penn State on no real research other then A&M played terribly against everyone other then Texas at the end of the year....Fresno State , Miami , Ok State , Mizzou , etc.. laying -5

Tough one in my opnion wait till half stay away, now in these games you will have better postions to move in at half as the games are closer

I dont read the boards much just seemed everywhere I turned everyone was talking Maryland. Thats not such a bad thing except it was for the same reasons. One thing I have learned is you know alot more then I do about these teams so I do love to read / hear your thoughts on the matchups. Basically what I am saying is wish I had seen it. Cause I needed the push..I was aware of Ore St defense but the who QB situation scared me.

Basically my point about sucker bets is when you like the play you feel like that your recieving value that really isnt there...

GL:cheers:

What ya think about A&M here...leaning Penn State

Sorry, I didn't read this post until now. I've missed your input and am glad to see you back. I understand your point about sucker bets, and wasn't really addressing that point but instead countering other's assertions that Oregon State was the wrong side.

I lead to TAMU in this spot because I think this will be a 20-17 type game at home infront of a ton of crazed aggies. Both offenses need to be taken out to pasture and shot. Under might be a play as well.

Sportnut sometimes when everyone is thinking the same No one is thinking

BUt then othertimes it wins, like the under in 2nd half of Miss st CFLORIDA

Had the 1st Q over keyed up and passed...Nittany Lions need a wakeup...

Kicking myself.. Originally noted in this thread I was going big on A&M but laid off waiting for more value at HT.. NOW, thinking the value will be on PSU 2H..

Watching NFL game also so a bit distracted.. Think PSU makes adjustments though and if I get a decent number at half I will be looking to play..
Again Nut, great to see you around..:cheers:

add:

A&M +3 2H +115, 2 units; 1000-1150.

Like PSU's play but too much value here.. See it as a FG game.

add:

A&M +3 2H +115, 2 units; 1000-1150.

Like PSU's play but too much value here.. See it as a FG game.

Suprised you feel that way. A&M's points came off a FG miss and fumble. They didnt directly come off the missed FG but the momentum shift. Both had gift TDs but A&M 5 three and outs compared to Lions one.

Still riding State play and may have added if my line was -3.5 -115...BOL

You really have to tip your hats to the oddsmakers. They have done an incredible job at setting these lines so many of these games are coming down to 1 play late and finishing within 3 points .

Truthfully I just didnt see how A&M's offense would move the ball in the 2nd H. They got 2 miscues really in the 1st H and wouldnt have expected another 2.

At least we have another tmrw...

2H A&M play was a bad read on my part.. Just liked the line value, (my book had PSU -3 -125) not necesarily the team.. Bad move but it was close to the end and I had a relatively small play on it.. Still up nicely on the day

Back