Saturday, 8/18 MLB Discussion

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
Anyone know Sean Reid day ERA?
The objective fact is Toronto has a lot of people that can hit Severino
In the Oakland game I am making a average bet on over and Dallas first 5
Reason for this is a major over ump that has on 18.2innings has him at 5.30 ERA
No history with Dallas who has a better history with Oakland than Cahill with Houston
I am leaning toward going with Colorado again because the Colorado pitcher is good on 6+

Reid-Foley day numbers:

AA:

W-L 1-0, 1.69 ERA, 16 IP, 9 H, 3 ER, 1 HR, 8 BB, 24 SO, .161 BAA, 1.06 WHIP

AAA:

W-L 3-1, 3.86 ERA, 23 IP, 20 H, 10 ER, 0 HR, 6 BB, 24 SO, .235 BAA, 1.11 WHIP

Sean Reid-Foley prospect profile via MLB:

Scouting grades: Fastball: 60 | Slider: 50 | Curveball: 50 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 45 | Overall: 50

Reid-Foley was viewed as a potential first-round pick in 2014 but ultimately fell to the Blue Jays in the second round, where he signed for $1,128,000, spurning a Florida State commitment. He pitched well in his first full season, recording nearly 12.8 strikeouts per nine innings at Class A Lansing before finishing the year at Class A Advanced Dunedin. He dominated back at both stops in 2016, only to be shut down late in the season after his balky right elbow flared up. Fully healthy in 2017, Reid-Foley made a career-high 27 starts over a full season with Double-A New Hampshire, albeit with uneven results. He returned to the level in 2018, dominated over eight starts there and continued to pitch well after receiving a Triple-A promotion in late May.

Reid-Foley's fastball can reach 97 mph, but typically sits at 92-95 mph with arm-side run that helps him miss bats and generate weak, ground-ball contact. Both his slider and his curveball, the latter a pitch he picked up in 2016, have at least average potential, with the latter slightly ahead of the former, and his changeup, once fully developed, could give him a fourth average-or-better offering.

While Reid-Foley's deceptive delivery and arm action make him particularly tough on right-handed hitters, they also give him below-average control, leading many to project him as a reliever long-term. The Blue Jays, however, believe Reid-Foley's physicality, stuff and feel for pitching will give him a chance at becoming a mid-rotation starter.

I may be flipping out but is it crazy to think about Baltimore first half today? This is Cobb on 5 about a mid 3?

best play out there today is El Paso -200...just have to find a way to play it with something else...I am going to use em a few different ways today

A problem. obvious intent to hit under in Philadelphia Grarry Davis the ump mild under. De Grom short history but good 7 innings 1.29 ERA. Arrieta is also a good under pitcher but his history with Davis 5.68 25 innings, Not good. Very small under bet for game mild first half bet on Mets. Really do not like this as I am betting against the Days but no way out

Last edited:
A problem. obvious intent to hit under in Philadelphia Grarry Davis the ump mild under. De Grom short history but good 7 innings 1.29 ERA. Arrieta is also a good under pitcher but his history with Davis 5.68 25 innings, Not good. Very small under bet for game mild first half bet on Mets. Really do not like this as I am betting against the Days but no way out

Wind blowing out pretty hard

Without over thinking it I put something small on the Phillies. Better line up at home Arrieta should cruise through the Mets line up. Ball won’t be going anywhere today.

Dammit, I can’t help but be on the Mets here for some reason. Degrom still rolling and Mets bats hitting better without question. Was hoping to see more people on them as well, but it looks like the Phillies are getting more love

Have a ticket on Oakland to win series. Houston not healthy enough yet. New starter for Washington. At first glance not good. Why is he there

OK. So Chat is a fade because of night, current bad play, 6 days rest and its Pirates turn

Will parlay Washington light with Boston Washington really has to win the game
Apparently Dallas did not get along with Wolf at least to start

Pretty big bet on WS over. Over ump Covey on 5 10-24 ERA Keller splits stink and has a 7 ERA vs WS

Back