Saturday 11/16/2007

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
44-28 +16.03 Units

Saturday is going to be a real test. There might be 5 days a year where you'll see me just blatingly laying points across the board. With all the 4/5's wrapping up today some lines look crazy and should be that way. A fair warning to those who tail: Be cautious, today more than ever. I'm 20-4 last 24 and bound for a losing streak real soon. Considering how strange today's card is I wouldn't be surprised if it was today.

Saturday Plays
DEN -12'
Denver -2' 2nd Half
WAS-6
CHA -8'
CHI -2
Nets/Heat U 176'
Minny +6

WAS -6

This is nothing more than a momentum play. Blazers were rolling at home with 4 wins over good teams befor they started this road trip. The Denver loss was understandable, but I think this Sixers loss tonight has got to be a heartbreaker. Depending on how they react on Saturday I may have to fade them again at CHA. It's got to be hard for a young team to overcome what happened on Friday.

Meanwhile the Wiz took a 3 point deficit heading to the 4th and turned it into a 16 point victory. They've now won 3 straight, all by DD's, and should only build on Friday's victory.

POR's 4/5 and 3/4 for WAS.

Last edited:
Agree abc. Won't be surprised if it's at 8 by tip.

Couldn't agree more about the chalk Dan. Not sure I know of one dog I'm planning on playing. Also nice to see that BC's Season Trend thread shows a fav run coming. I'll need it with all the chalk.

Killa-Hillarious signature. I just got it.

EDITED IN:

Just bought Raptors -5' at BM. Not positive I'm keeping it so I'm not posting it yet, but if I do I want to document it somewhere in case somebody has a question of me playing a old line.

Last edited:
Might take a flyer on Minny again. Can't see NO keeping this type of shooting up.

it should get UGLY in both texas games

Like it. What you think bout Denver? Best play on the board regardless of line imo. Knicks off 2OT, with their drama, in the altitude. Dnver with revenge from earlier this yr and the brawl- rested. NY on 4/5. best situation possible imo

Not a ton of time for w/ups but i'll see what i can do here.

DEN -12'
Nobody should need an explanation on this one. This will probably be the biggest public play of the year, but I'm not backing off it as I've had it marked for weeks. They could have made this line 16 and I would have played it.
CHA -8'
Another game that doesn't fall into a "normal" play for me. You could call this a BC tail if you'd like. He has some great comments about in the In-Game last night. Trying not to ovethink this one.

CHI -2
Killa has the w/up on this one. CHI has to win this game. I see reports about Maggette being doubtful from some people, but I haven't seen anything about it on the internet. Thorton is probably out while Mobley is still healing up. Patterson started for Mobley last night and he's got his own injury concerns.

Nets/Heat U 176'
I'll give somebody 20 bucks to sit down and watch this game without
leaving the TV during it. This might be my last MIA under for awhile.

Might take a flyer on Minny again. Can't see NO keeping this type of shooting up.

it should get UGLY in both texas games

I can agree with a Minny play. Might add later, but still impressed with Hornets. Minny doesn't play much defense either.

Like it. What you think bout Denver? Best play on the board regardless of line imo. Knicks off 2OT, with their drama, in the altitude. Dnver with revenge from earlier this yr and the brawl- rested. NY on 4/5. best situation possible imo

Yep. Obviously love Denver, but it'll be a very public play.

jeez, your slow.

You're right. I've got nothing to say to that.

Thanks gl to you as well.

reports said cp3's ankle was pretty bad after the game, but game still on the board and no movement makes me thinks all is well with him, regardless, i like minny in this spot

jersey can't facillitate their offense in half court sets with the guys they have now (though orlando played tough d), adolf riley will have his team grind to a halt hopefully even with flash back, good luck there and with the rest of those chalk bets, though i'd prefer the total to the side in charlotte/seattle (seattle's defense just worries me)

The sonics defense isn't nearly as bad as their offense. I'm guessing you like the over there and so does Justin. CHA just plays so damn slow that I can't even entertain an over there.

interesting news about Paul though.

Notice how 5dimes has Forgotten to put up a first quarter bet in the Denver game. GL

thanks fellas. wish you could have at least got the over Satyr.

Last play before I take off for the day:

Minny +6

No w/up. Somewhat of a tail play, but I do like the spot with NOH on a b2b off of a overtime victory. Need Minny to finish a 4th quarter here.

The books have adjusted the lines today as well as public cash. Nice run as of late, keep it going.

I'm 20-4 last 24 and bound for a losing streak real soon. Considering how strange today's card is I wouldn't be surprised if it was today.

Is this a TREND ? LOL...

Thanks for all the PICKS and info

:cheers:

ya Justin was giving me the play by play as I wasn't watching it. probably didn't deserve it after wade missed both FT's. the 54 in the 4th bother me more than the last second shot

every day. not upset with the play that's for sure.

Denver will continue to roll 2nd half. They were up 10 at NYC heading to the 4th and lost. They're not stopping until they're up 30 tonight. Might be unadvised but I'm playing it either way.

Denver -2' 2nd Half

Don't you ever lose?

And people probably laughed when I called you the best NBA capper on the internet.

HA! Thou shall listen to Killa the Oracle!

Dang might need to talk to BAR about handing you his belt.. at least until he gets rolling.

Don't you ever lose?

And people probably laughed when I called you the best NBA capper on the internet.

HA! Thou shall listen to Killa the Oracle!

I might have to see if I can ban you from my threads. Just look at what BC has to say about your thoughts. I want no part of your curse.

You incurred my first losing streak last season by posting that in my threads, lol.

The Curse of the Killer, indeed

btw, nice going JP:cheers:

Thanks BC. Need the Bulls to finish strong here.

Dang might need to talk to BAR about handing you his belt.. at least until he gets rolling.

They'll be no belt exchanging. I'll be with the rest of the forum tailing BAR before things are done.

very nice run, i know you're locked in when you fire away on that Denver 2H line like that instead of just riding out the game line :) Very solid, stay aggressive when you're hot

Back