Sat. MLB -- Top unit play

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
wk of 7/28, 7-5, (+1395)

wk of 8/4, 8-2, (+9400)

wk of 8/11, 7-1, (+10941)

Total last couple weeks; 22-8, (+21,736)

2-0 yesterday. Sick fucking roll. Hit 15 of last 18.

Hitting this now b4 it changes:

St Louis -105, 6 units WIN

Add:

Phillies -148, 2 units Loss

I'll get a write-up in the morning.

Cliff note version:

Highly motivated team (wild card race+) with surging lineup vs very unmotivated team with a pitcher on fumes and one start from DL..

Check Piniero's last two starts.:smiley_acbe:

Will likely add but this is the big one this week.. Due to miss one of these, so buyer beware.:cheers:

Last edited:
Joel Pineiro

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>DATE</TD><TD align=left>OPP</TD><TD align=left>RESULT</TD><TD>IP</TD><TD>H</TD><TD>R</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>HR</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>SO</TD><TD>GB</TD><TD>FB</TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>#Pit</TD><TD>Dec.</TD><TD>Rel.</TD><TD>ERA</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>8/11</TD><TD align=left>@FLA</TD><TD align=left>W 4-2</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>95</TD><TD>W(5-5)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>4.82</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>8/6</TD><TD align=left>LAD</TD><TD align=left>W 9-6</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>78</TD><TD>W(4-5)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>5.04</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:smiley_acbe:

can't pass this one up, bad teams even if they are leading for a bit find ways to lose at this part of season. cards are managed well and play hard every night

can't pass this one up, bad teams even if they are leading for a bit find ways to lose at this part of season. cards are managed well and play hard every night

:smiley_acbe: doesn't get any better than this.. May lose, but this one is top unit everytime for me..

People do not realize the difference Ankiel makes in this line-up.. Bomb tonight and will always hit mistakes hard, but more importantly, it puts Ludwick and Glaus in very desirable positions. Quietly, Pujols had 3 hits tonight.. Hmm..

As I told you in the discussion thread, I am looking at this one hard and it really does not get any better than this.

Let's roll.

:cheers:

CIN 1-10 in L11 home games with the losses coming by 2, 9, 2, 4, 3, 3, 7, 11, 4, 5 runs. in those 10 losses they have been outscored 79:24, almost 4:1

Joel Pineiro

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>DATE</TD><TD align=left>OPP</TD><TD align=left>RESULT</TD><TD>IP</TD><TD>H</TD><TD>R</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>HR</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>SO</TD><TD>GB</TD><TD>FB</TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>#Pit</TD><TD>Dec.</TD><TD>Rel.</TD><TD>ERA</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>8/11</TD><TD align=left>@FLA</TD><TD align=left>W 4-2</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>95</TD><TD>W(5-5)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>4.82</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>8/6</TD><TD align=left>LAD</TD><TD align=left>W 9-6</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>78</TD><TD>W(4-5)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>5.04</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

has to be noted as well these are two contending teams as well. ;)

want to add this:

Larussa put Felipe Lopez at 2B tonight. Former all star with Washington and recent waiver pickup by Cardinals has been outstanding since his arrival. Offers gap power to lineup that already posesses plenty of pop. Big night in gm 1 of series. Expect him in the lineup again Saturday

St Louis -105, 6 units

I'll get a write-up in the morning.

Most of my thoughts on this are over in the discussion thread.. Some great info over there if you have checked it out..

Couple key points: Cards have a bunch of off days coming up so Larussa will not hesitate to abuse the top end of BP. That is key with the Cardinals guys.. They have two bullpens. One, when rested is quite good. The other when not rested ends with Izzy:36_11_6:

Another point: I like Larue but he kept the Reds in the game yesterday. Defensively he botched two plays that Molina makes everytime.. Molina back in the lineup tonight defensively and a .300 hitter as a bonus.

I see nothing in the day games that interest me. Be back late afternoon and will breakdown the other games for a possible play then..

GL all:cheers:

Count me in. Thanks for the daily picks and analysis. Along with your picks and mine I have hammering my bookie this week. Up $1,700 and counting. Not going too big on this play cause I don't want to give it back. Thanks again. :cheers:

Been following your plays...keep up the good work!!!

What do you think about the Marlins tonight?

-Cubs are sitting Lee, Ramirez, and Soto
-Marlins have won 12 of the last 15 against the cubs
-Marshall is filling in as a starter...hasn't started since July 6th; here's a quote from the Sun Times...

Marshall will go no more than 80 pitches, or about five innings, with Jason Marquis in the bullpen today as his backup, manager Lou Piniella said.

Been following your plays...keep up the good work!!!

What do you think about the Marlins tonight?

-Cubs are sitting Lee, Ramirez, and Soto
-Marlins have won 12 of the last 15 against the cubs
-Marshall is filling in as a starter...hasn't started since July 6th; here's a quote from the Sun Times...

Marshall will go no more than 80 pitches, or about five innings, with Jason Marquis in the bullpen today as his backup, manager Lou Piniella said.

Thanks bro..

Two problems I see. One, the marlin bats are still ice cold.. Even though they scored 5 runs yesterday, they only had 4 hits.. Two, I am not betting against the Cubs right now.. So I eliminated this game immediately.. Agree the Marlins are due and the lineups favor them at home but still a coin flip IMO...

I will not consider the Marlins again until they start hitting.. They have about 6 or 7 guys in that lineup right now that are slumping.. Hope they win as I would like to see the Cubs come back to the pack in the Central..

GL bro and welcome to the site. A lot of talent around here.:cheers:

no adds in the 7pm's.. Just nothing there I can get comfortable with.

Considering a play on the left coast but still debating.

Roll Redbirds:smiley_abcs::7_17_4:

with a pitcher on fumes and one start from DL..
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="37%">Pitchers</TD><TD width="7%">IP</TD><TD width="6%">H</TD><TD width="6%">R</TD><TD width="6%">ER</TD><TD width="6%">BB</TD><TD width="6%">SO</TD><TD width="7%">HR</TD><TD width="12%">PC-ST</TD><TD width="7%">ERA</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>A Harang</TD><TD>3.1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>78-50</TD><TD>5.59</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ok I am rolling with this.

Add:

Phillies -148, 2 units

This is way more road chalk than I care to taste but I am going to swallow it.

Like the pitching matchup and think the Phils got a pitcher the can get well with..

Found this quote interestin regarding Rookie pitcher Reineke:

"He brings a fastball in the high 80s," Padres manager Bud Black told the team's official Web site. "From what I've been told, he pitches with an aggressive style and comes at you."

Whew, high eighties, look out :36_19_2:

Here is his minor league line:

Reineke, acquired from Houston on July 22, is 5-10 with a 4.37 ERA in 23 Triple-A games -- 22 starts -- between the two organizations.

Kendrick bounceback? That is my bet. Found the games bolded below interesting:

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>DATE</TD><TD align=left>OPP</TD><TD align=left>RESULT</TD><TD>IP</TD><TD>H</TD><TD>R</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>HR</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>SO</TD><TD>GB</TD><TD>FB</TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>#Pit</TD><TD>Dec.</TD><TD>Rel.</TD><TD>ERA</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>8/11</TD><TD align=left>@LAD</TD><TD align=left>L 6-8</TD><TD>3.1</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>69</TD><TD>L(10-6)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>4.74</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>8/6</TD><TD align=left>FLA</TD><TD align=left>W 5-0</TD><TD>6.0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>106</TD><TD>W(10-5)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>4.37</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>7/31</TD><TD align=left>@WAS</TD><TD align=left>W 8-4</TD><TD>6.2</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>110</TD><TD>W(9-5)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>4.59</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>7/25</TD><TD align=left>ATL</TD><TD align=left>L 2-8</TD><TD>6.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>94</TD><TD>L(8-5)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>4.70</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>7/19</TD><TD align=left>@FLA</TD><TD align=left>L 5-9</TD><TD>4.1</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>L(8-4)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>4.87</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>7/11</TD><TD align=left>ARI</TD><TD align=left>W 6-5</TD><TD>6.1</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>86</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>4.47</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>7/6</TD><TD align=left>NYM</TD><TD align=left>L 2-4</TD><TD>6.0</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>112</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>4.39</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>7/1</TD><TD align=left>@ATL</TD><TD align=left>W 8-3</TD><TD>6.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>85</TD><TD>W(8-3)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>4.58</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>6/25</TD><TD align=left>@OAK</TD><TD align=left>W 4-0</TD><TD>8.0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>113</TD><TD>W(7-3)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>4.59</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>6/18</TD><TD align=left>BOS</TD><TD align=left>L 4-7</TD><TD>3.0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>75</TD><TD>L(6-3)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>5.06</TD></TR><TR class=colhead><TD colSpan=17></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Phils seems like the way to go. Their such an inconsistent team is what makes me not like to bet them in any spot but if I didn't have a decent amount of games today then they would be a play for me as well. BOL on em. Will be rooting for ya. :cheers:

:smiley_acbe: doesn't get any better than this.. ..

:hammer:

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>Pitchers</TD><TD>IP</TD><TD>H</TD><TD>R</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>SO</TD><TD>HR</TD><TD noWrap>PC-ST</TD><TD>ERA</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>J Pineiro (W, 6-5)</TD><TD>6.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>2</TD><TD noWrap>81-57</TD><TD>4.80</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

gotta love st. louis again tomorrow too, these are the games where st. lou can catch up to the cubs and milwaukee (who i think gets swept in LA)

gotta love st. louis again tomorrow too, these are the games where st. lou can catch up to the cubs and milwaukee (who i think gets swept in LA)

perhaps, but I want no part of Volquez-- already crossed it off my list..

Cards have 12 games left vs Reds and Pirates.. Expect them to close fast.:cheers:

I will not consider the Marlins again until they start hitting.. They have about 6 or 7 guys in that lineup right now that are slumping.. :cheers:

Amazing.. Marlins get only 4 hits again tonight. Get the win but this offense is in a huge slump.. Dempster up tommorow, with Volstad opposite. Total at 9..:4_12_13: Under is a strong lean and likely play..

check out Florida's recent run production against lefties, pretty shocking. didn't notice it until earlier today

Back