"San Francisco's" 1st Round Pick

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
If the season ended today the Patriots would be selecting 2nd overall. How absurd would it be if they went with Darren McFadden?

Current Order:

First Round
1. Miami (0-13)
2. New England (from San Francisco) (3-10)
3. St. Louis (3-10)
4. Atlanta (3-10)
5. New York Jets (3-10)
6. Kansas City (4-9)
7. Oakland (4-9)
8. Baltimore (4-9)
9. Cincinnati (5-8)
10. Carolina (5-8)
11. Chicago (5-8)
12. Philadelphia (5-8)
13. Arizona (6-7)
14. New Orleans (6-7)
15. Houston (6-7)
16. Denver (6-7)
17. Detroit (6-7)
18. Washington (6-7)
19. Tennessee (7-6)
20. Buffalo (7-6)
21. Minnesota (7-6)
22. Dallas (from Cleveland) (8-5)
23. Tampa Bay (8-5)
24. San Diego (8-5)
25. Seattle (9-4)
26. Pittsburgh (9-4)
27. New York Giants (9-4)
28. Jacksonville (9-4)
29. Green Bay (11-2)
30. San Francisco (from Indianapolis) (11-2)
31. Dallas (12-1)
32. New England (pick forfeited) (13-0)

i thought the league issued a memo stating that the patriots get the first ten picks in the draft and that those players have to sign for the league minimum.

cheating bastards

It's unbelievable that their pick is gonna be so high, I bet they trade down though so they can add a lot of depth to their rapidly aging defense. They don't need McFadden even though he's unbelievable. They've got an awesome RB in Maroney that they don't even use.

It's unbelievable that their pick is gonna be so high, I bet they trade down though so they can add a lot of depth to their rapidly aging defense. They don't need McFadden even though he's unbelievable. They've got an awesome RB in Maroney that they don't even use.

Very true, and they would be crazy not to go that route.

I really do not know why patriots would consider McFadden. Belicheck isn't the type of coach that is going to grind it out in the running game. They are very satisfied with their 1-2 punch. They are throwing 70% of the time anyways.

It would be absurb for the patriots not to trade back in the draft to add depth to their defense, which was stated above. Also, the patriots i don't think have the cap room to sign a blockbuster draft pick, although i think the draft picks usually get amoritzed starting the next year if my mind serves me correctly, (i may be wrong though).

I do not know the status of the contracts for the pats o-line but i am sure Jake Long would fit in nicely. On that note so would Chris long provided they couldn't trade back.

I really do not know why patriots would consider McFadden. Belicheck isn't the type of coach that is going to grind it out in the running game. They are very satisfied with their 1-2 punch. They are throwing 70% of the time anyways.

If you were the pats and had a chance to draft a player that has the talent level of someone like LT you've got to look hard at the situation. There's a time and place point where you take talent over need. Not saying this is it, but it's got to be considered.

I totally agree with you with at some point you have to take talent over need but i do not think patriots are at that point, Maroney has incredible ability as a RB and Faulk pass blocking ability is unrivaled. I think depth can never hurt at o-line, d-line, and CB, also assante sammuel contract will be up this year so that CB a decent selection for them, i think this should only be a choice if they can trade back b/c no CB no this year warrants a top 5 selection.

Absolutely frankie, I agree with what you're saying. I just think dmac's pretty special, and could be one of the best when he's done.

attachment.php

Although the last few years, teams haven't been interested in trading up, I think they would for DMac...esp after the success of AP this year...DMac doesn't even have those injury concerns...

in that case, NE will be able to get outta the spot and trade down, which is def what they'll want to do, esp w/out the late pick...

They just cannot afford to pay the 2 hole and won't do it...they'll take a bargain deal to get out of it..

If they absolutely can't get out of it, I see them taking Jake Long...only thing that would make sense..

They'll trade down though, esp outta the 2 spot...the one spot that will be easiest to get out of w/ DMAC there.

would be big upgrade to pats D if they take glen dorsey or laurenitas (sp?) from ohio st..

If there are any draft guru's on this site, would it be a fair deal for the cowboys to trade there two 1st round picks (assuming they have both of them from pick 20-30 for boht of them) to the new england patriots for their first rounder assuming jerry jones wants to go after Darren McFadden.

If there are any draft guru's on this site, would it be a fair deal for the cowboys to trade there two 1st round picks (assuming they have both of them from pick 20-30 for boht of them) to the new england patriots for their first rounder assuming jerry jones wants to go after Darren McFadden.

To move up 20 spots it would take more than that... probably a 3rd round and next years 1 and 3...

To move up 20 spots it would take more than that... probably a 3rd round and next years 1 and 3...

What??????????

I didn't know that it would cost that much. I guess it would depend on bad jones wants mcFadden.

On a sidenote, i wonder if jerry jones was a part of the bobby petrino resigning because there were reports that jones was a consultant for arkansas? Probally i am reaching but still interesting to consider.

why would they do that w/ Barber...it makes zero sense...Dallas will trade out before trading up..they are deep..

Makes zero sense.

draft picks

Im not sure but don't the patriots lose draft picks for the spygate deal? I thought if they made the playoffs that they lost some picks? Like I say I am not sure bout this

according to my handy draft point value chart, the second pick is worth 2600 points

the 22nd pick is worth 780 points and the 31st pick is worth 600 points...thats 1380 points

so theyd need to make up an additional 1200 points which would be next years first, this years second and next years second...

so it would cost 3 firsts and 2 seconds (based on where the cowboys would be projected to be picking)

more likely scenario would be someone like Houston or Detroit swapping firsts and giving them like a 2nd or 3rd this year and a 1st next year

according to my handy draft point value chart, the second pick is worth 2600 points

the 22nd pick is worth 780 points and the 31st pick is worth 600 points...thats 1380 points

so theyd need to make up an additional 1200 points which would be next years first, this years second and next years second...

so it would cost 3 firsts and 2 seconds (based on where the cowboys would be projected to be picking)

thanks for the info smoke, much appreciated. :cheers:

why would they do that w/ Barber...it makes zero sense...Dallas will trade out before trading up..they are deep..

Makes zero sense.

I was thinking mcfadden because cowboys have made 0 effort to resign julius jones and it is no secret that cowboys have not been very impressed with jones. I also believe that jerry jones is a believer of the two back system to be successful. With the decline of julius i think mcfadden can become an option but not at the costs listed on the draft chart, i think had cleveland stunk it up this year the cowboys would seriously consider mcfadden.

Holy Jebus, the cowboys WILL NOT trade up for DMAC. It would be stupid as shit to trade all those picks for 1 player. Even if he is a freak, there is way to much risk to trade up and draft him. Runningbacks are a dime a dozen, they can be found later in the draft.

Where do you hear that the coaches are unimpressed with Julius? He does everything the coaches ask of him. His only problem is Marion Barber has really come around into a complete player and deserves the touches he gets. If Julius got the same # of touches, the production would be there. He is also good at picking up the blitz, something a green rookie RB would probably struggle in.

JJ showed what type of player he could be in his rookie season, and last year was his first 1000 yard season. I think it would be stupid to let him go, he would be a great pickup for any other team that needs an RB.

Back