San Francisco Giants Thread

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
No Posey No Bumgarner No Boche so why would we think this team is going to win 25 games? Anything is possible but if there's a franchise who looks somewhat deflated and showing little interest, its them.

Its a rebuild year and they've acknowledged it. Don't be surprised if you see young talent make debuts and get lots of PT. Some of these teams (SF, KC, Miami) are going to use this 60 games as a tool to develop young talent for the future.

Three tourney match ups for me... all pretty sizable dogs

Ventura +140 vs Howell III- I will take a shot with the up and coming kid versus the 41 year old who really has not done much lately

Wolff +145 vs Casey- Casey has not looked himself yet this season. Wolff still smarting from that loss a couple weeks ago. Won here last year. Price seems too good to pass up

Clark +125 vs Werenski- Weakest play of the three in my opinion. I like Clark and this course seems to fit him well. T5 here last year. He needs a good tournament to get some momentum going

My book had me excited about a couple posted match ups but I dont see a couple of the guys playing... Fritelli -110 vs Kokrak and Hubbard -120 vs Martin... I do not see Hubbard or Kokrak on the tee time sheets...

Good luck this week guys

The mistakes they have made on defense alone in the first two games have been atrocious. Not from a lack of talent but from a mental lapse. This is going to be a team I will be looking to fade all season.

The mistakes they have made on defense alone in the first two games have been atrocious. Not from a lack of talent but from a mental lapse. This is going to be a team I will be looking to fade all season.
I disagree. There's a lack of talent at 2nd base. That guys a Double A player at best. They lack talent behind the plate. Other than Crawford, there's weaknesses and players playing out of position. To say there's talent would be grossly mistaken. Could be the worst team ever assembled in MLB history.

I disagree. There's a lack of talent at 2nd base. That guys a Double A player at best. They lack talent behind the plate. Other than Crawford, there's weaknesses and players playing out of position. To say there's talent would be grossly mistaken. Could be the worst team ever assembled in MLB history.

Not really what I was referencing. The mistakes they have made which have led to runs are fundamental. Allowing runners to advance during a rundown and get in scoring position. Throwing the ball to the wrong base for outs. Things like this. They obviously are not talented when you stack them against most teams and that is why I will be fading. My point though was not only are they bad they are very poorly prepared as well.

Back