San Antonio/Dallas Total

BetCrimes1984

CTG Big Brother
Under 185.5

- all my stats based on opening lines & regulation scores, unless otherwise noted.

San Antonio

- is U/O 7-3-1 (4 pts off 10-1) at an average of 181.0 points vs .560 or better records, as opposed to U/O 8-13-1 at an average of 192.9 points vs .559 or worse records, this season. The Mav's % record is .788.

- is U/O 3-2 (1 pt off 4-1) at an average of 183.4 points vs .500 or better records, as opposed to U/O 1-4-1 at an average of 192.1 points vs .499 or worse records, when playing a 3rd game in 4 nights, this season.

- is U/O 4-0 at an average of 180.7 points coming off a game in which they conceded 100+ points, this season. They conceded 103 points (incl. OT) in their last game.

- since losing at home to MIL and conceding 114 points in doing so, which prompted Pop to come out and question his players desire to play the defense needed to win it all, is U/O 4-0 at an average of 177.7 points, conceding an average of 84.7 points themselves.

- over the last 14 regular season meetings between these 2 teams, games in San Antonio have averaged 184.2 points, while the games in Dallas have averaged 188.2 points, with 3 of the 4 lowest scoring games having been played in San Antonio. Every season over the last 4, at least 1 of the 2 games played in San Antonio has totaled less than 180 points - this is their final meeting for this regular season at this venue, after the first totaled 187 points.

Dallas

- is U/O 4-1 at an average of 191.0 points (181.0 avg minus PHX) vs likely Western playoff teams, as opposed to U/O 1-4 at an average of 199.0 points vs non-likely Western playoff teams, on the road this season.

- is U/O 6-1 at an average of 179.8 points (171.3 avg minus PHX) in B2Bs this season.

- is U/O 4-1 (2 pts off 5-0) at an average of 185.6 points vs .581 records or better, as opposed to U/O 1-1 at an average of 199.5 points vs .580 records or worse, in SU losses this season.

- is U/O 3-0 at an average of 183.6 points in a SU road loss to a Western team, this season.

- is U/O 3-0 at an average of 186.6 points in the 1st game of a multi game road trip this season. They were U/O 7-4 at an average of 186.4 points in the same spot last season.

Everything about San Antonio's totals this season has come down to the quality of the team they've played: just a couple of baskets less and they'd have a 10-1 to Under mark vs decent teams - and Dallas is right at the top of any list regarding the most decent. Dallas themselves have shown to go along a similar path when it comes to facing decent Western teams on the road (PHX excepted), and indeed against any team when on a B2B (surely evidencing Avery's pacing of this team during the regular season). These 2 teams have already totaled 188 (Over) & 187 (Under) this season, both totals just an odd bucket off achieving the opposite total result, although it must be observed the latter total was well and truly headed Over at the half until the truly ugly/defensive ball these 2 teams can manage with each other came to the fore. With the season series tied 1-1 and this a crucial result for any tiebreaker, I'm expecting more than 1 half of such ball in this game. The worst totals these 2 teams have produced against each other in recent seasons have come at this venue and I see plenty of indicators for such being produced here. I'll guess anything from 88-83 to 94-89.

Last edited:
Dont forget UNDER is 21-6 last 3 years when spurs are home off a straight up loss.

Lets get this one Crimes...I wish I coulda bet that you were posting this

:cheers:

BeLIEve, BIGTIME, renew, Farm, Lunch - thanks & GL guys. These 2 teams traditionally have 1 ugly scoring game per season (less than 180 pts) and it seems to me this spot (Spurs off 2 losses, Dallas off 12 wins-B2B-road game) has all pointers indicating this is the likely contest.

Thanks DuY:shake:

I'll just add that the 2 games they've played so far this season have started with 53 & 60 point 1st periods (hence both games have had lower scoring 2nd halves), so anything less than 46-48 in the 1st here should set things well on there way.

50 in the 1st was disappointing but in keeping with the way they've started previous contests together this season, but a nice 41 in the 2nd combined with a looming Spurs blowout win (does Dallas care to pour energy into trying to win their 13th straight here on a B2B with further road games looming?) makes this resemble the Utah-San An game (only hopefully the Spurs dont score 106 this time).

To add I think the 3rd period will be higher scoring than the 4th, so as long as the Spurs maintain their DD lead headed into the 4th, and the 3rd doesnt total more than 48, I think circumstances will make for a snoozer stanza to this game. The danger is Dallas making a huge push and reducing the deficit to nothing.

16 points in the final 1.44 (36% of the total in 15% of the timeframe) and a tied scoreline at the end of it means this is probably going Over.

I've seen enough games to know when OT is being telegraphed well ahead of time

-------------------------------------

Dallas miss a FT which could have made for an odd numbered margin:down:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2><TD>SA</TD><TD>23.0</TD><TD>Tim Duncan missed 2nd of 2 Free Throws</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>DAL</TD><TD>23.0</TD><TD>Defensive Rebound by Josh Howard</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>DAL</TD><TD>12.0</TD><TD>Bad pass turnover on Dirk Nowitzki</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

unf**king real. Watch someone from SA now hit a 3.

I honestly didnt expect Bowen to miss.

My 88-83 final projection comes pretty close. Congrats all under backers. nice to break a couple of small losses with a normal sized win (now 7-1 for those this season).
johnci, Hope you made it pick number 16 dude:cheers:

Nice hit Crimes....so glad it didnt go OT
I did push a very small dallas under 90pts play bc of that last foul...lol

Lunch, after so many close wins that missed 3/OT fact pretty much makes this another narrow win. Still looking for that no sweater, lol.

Back