Samsung 500 weekend

daveniner

Pretty much a regular
I thought I'd start this thread with a couple of tidbits that I found.

1. Kurt Busch's crew-chief Roy McCauley will take some time off to be with his wife, who has been diagnosed with Leukemia. He will turn the reigns over to Troy Raker. Roy will still be involved with the team, but will let Troy run the team(yeah right, we all know that Kurt will be running the team). :an_roll_laugh:

2. Seven chevy teams will be using the new RO7 motor, this weekend. The RO7 motor will be phased in, to replace the SB2 motor(which has been in use since 1955). The teams using the new motor will be all 3 Gibbs' cars, Kyle and Casey(from the Hendrick camp), Tony Raines(driving for HOF Racing, but using a Hendrick motor), and Scott Wimmer(who will attempt to qualify for RCR). Wimmer attempted to qualify, using the RO7 motor, at Atlanta. But, he did not make the field for that race.

All of the RO7 motors will still be using the same fuel pump cable that has failed a couple of times. But, they will have an alternative, with the new motor(the fuel pump can also be mounted to the timing belt cover).

Busch matchups:

Hamilton Jr. +115 over Wood
Leffler -115 over Yeley
Menard +100 over Montoya

Each to win .5 unit

GL tomorrow bro....

Don't think we're going to get any Edwards value for some time...

Lookin forward to the cup matchups.

Thanks, Jump.

Edwards is on a roll. I don't mind around +450(for tomorrow), but +185(last week) is too low for my liking.

I don't know if I will try to pick the winner. It's been tough, the last couple races.

You can scratch Kyle Busch's name off of the list of cars running the RO7 motor.

He had to go to a backup car, with a SB2 motor.

Cup matchups:

McMurray -135 over Newman

To win 1 unit

Blaney -140 over Green
Harvick -125 over Kahne

Both to win .5 unit

I might add something else.

GLTA

Really like that McMurray play....I couldn't lay 35 cents w/ him, but I do think it's a winner...

GL to ya today bro..

Back