Sam Mcguffie the Legend

I guess you're watching him at Cy-Fair with your eye on February , Horn?

Word is he'll go to A&M or Mich. http://www.5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/showthread.php?t=23790

Has he backed off his verbal to Mich at the first of the season?

Be great to see them vs. MOJO in the state game. Berryhill(OP) who refuses to be tackled, McGuffie who refuses to be touched.
Rd 3 games will be the toughest for both teams. Cy-Fair would pull North Shore, MOJO gets Trinity. If all teams advance this week.

GL Friday. I can't lose. Ags win, it's two straight vs t.u. Ags lose, Fran sleeps in a van..........down by the river.

Press

I guess you're watching him at Cy-Fair with your eye on February , Horn?

Word is he'll go to A&M or Mich. http://www.5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/showthread.php?t=23790

Has he backed off his verbal to Mich at the first of the season?

Be great to see them vs. MOJO in the state game. Berryhill(OP) who refuses to be tackled, McGuffie who refuses to be touched.
Rd 3 games will be the toughest for both teams. Cy-Fair would pull North Shore, MOJO gets Trinity. If all teams advance this week.

GL Friday. I can't lose. Ags win, it's two straight vs t.u. Ags lose, Fran sleeps in a van..........down by the river.

Press

Already signed with Michigan. Any recruits knew about Carr anyway as he decided earlier in this calender year about this.

mcguffie hasn't signed yet BAR, just a verbal....but he is a solid verbal as of today.

btw, hilarious video.

Sam McGuffie, and Boubacar Cissoko could be heading elsewhere.

Michigan commits, running back Sam McGuffie and cornerback Boubacar Cissoko, are two pledges that the Wolverines could possibly lose as a result of former head coach Lloyd Carr's resignation, the Michigan Daily reports.

pressitup, Texas didn't want him. I think he's too small to fit in Texas system.

I think he would be solid for Texas Tech if he looked around.

Sam McGuffie, and Boubacar Cissoko could be heading elsewhere.

Michigan commits, running back Sam McGuffie and cornerback Boubacar Cissoko, are two pledges that the Wolverines could possibly lose as a result of former head coach Lloyd Carr's resignation, the Michigan Daily reports.

Recruiting class appears to be sticking together

by John Heuser | The Ann Arbor News Wednesday November 21, 2007, 5:50 AM

medium_071121-sam-mcguffie-rivals.jpg
Rivals.com PhotoRivals.com says prep sensation Sam McGuffie likely won't end up at Michigan now, particularly if RB coach Fred Jackson doesn't remain on U-M's new staff.
By John Heuser | The Ann Arbor News
The possible defection of running back and YouTube sensation Sam McGuffie notwithstanding, the University of Michigan's next football recruiting class appears to be sticking together fairly well in the aftermath of Lloyd Carr's retirement announcement this week.
At least that's the perspective of TheWolverine.com's recruiting analyst Josh Helmholdt, who - as of noon Tuesday - had spoken to 14 of the 16 players verbally committed to Michigan's Class of 2008.
"Most of these kids knew about the pending retirement of Lloyd Carr, whether it came this year or down the road in a year or two," Helmholdt said. "Lloyd Carr told them to make a decision for every other reason except the coach.
"The vast majority of these guys are staying committed."
Of the players he talked to this week, there are four whom Helmholdt considered to be 50-50 as to whether they'll end up at Michigan. Those include Detroit Cass Tech cornerback Boubacar Cissoko, Connecticut running back Mike Cox, New Jersey linebacker J.B. Fitzgerald and Illinois quarterback John Wienke.
Helmholdt said that Wienke's concerns about coming to Michigan have less to do with who the next coach is, and more to do with what offensive system he runs. For instance, a spread offense that demands a running quarterback wouldn't mesh with Wienke's drop-back quarterbacking skills.
In the case of Cox, Helmholdt feels that if Michigan running backs coach Fred Jackson doesn't remain with the Wolverines, then Cox may never arrive. Cox's primary recruiter, Jackson said Monday that if he leaves Michigan when a new head coach is hired, he'll pursue an NFL job.
Jackson was also the lead recruiter for the Texan McGuffie, the nation's No. 9 all-purpose back this year, according to Rivals.com. Helmholdt said after speaking with his recruiting contacts in the Houston area that "McGuffie is the one guy I would say at this point I expect not to end up at Michigan."
While the loss of the shifty runner would be a disappointment, it wouldn't seriously damage a group that national recruiting guru Tom Lemming considers a top 10 class.
CSTV's Lemming added that the first recruiting job of the next coach should be to visit recruits in order to firm up their commitments. He noted that players from outside the Midwest should be at the top of the list, since they may be more apt to be swayed by schools closer to home.
And while approaches may vary, Michigan's new coach could do worse adopting some of the recruiting traditions of Carr, whom Lemming called the "most successful coach over the last 10 years" in recruiting.
"There was never a hint of scandal," Lemming said. "He did the right things at the right times. He was honest with the kids and the kids loved him."

Mcguffie isn't going anywhere. he doesn't even associate with rivals..just scout....rivals get's their information on mcguffie from other message boards and contacts who aren't even close with mcguffie.

Boubacar is a different stroy though.

Sam McGuffie - RB - Cypress, Texas
McGuffie has been committed to Michigan since July, but reportedly made a visit to California in the last week. As of 11 a.m. CT, McGuffie is considering not even signing today and delaying his decision between Michigan and Cal. (Updated: 11 a.m.)

what's your name??

Mcguffie, Sam MCGUFFIE!

LOI is in...a Michigan WOlverine baby.

good get guys...I'm glad he come honestly..

woulda been off the chart shitty to leave the morning of giving no warning to recruit anyone else.

Back