Sam McGuffie last night on espn2

orangemonk

Creep - Dee oh double gee
How did he look? I was at my brothers game so I missed it, would love to hear what you guys think...How good will he be at Michigan? Instant impact guy or will it be a few years?

I watched small parts so I can't give the kid a full evaluation. I know his team lost the game. I think he relied too much on that little spin move and it got him hit hard on a few occassions. I think he needs to put some weigth on if he wants to think about running through the tackles at the next level and I wasn't that impressed but again, did not see full game,

mcguffie is a smaller white RB. I wasn't impressed last night. Apparently, he's hurt, but he looked pretty slow to me. McGuffie's FB seemed like a better prospect to me. They said a few schools are recruiting him like Navy and Houston I think.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I saw that clip of him completely hurdling a defender in one of his games... looks like he can turn the burners on, but didn't get to see him run in the televised game last night. The injury must be taking a toll as I was told he has 4.3-4.4 speed and in the clip i watched he looked to be fuckin flyin.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

He isnt going to be a savior at UM. He's not a first or second year impact guy. He is small even on the high school level. If it wasn't for YouTube, he would be a preferred walk-on type guy at a big D1 school.

On the other hand, he has a competitive attitude, the type you want in a running back. Also as seen from internet clips, he has playmaking abilities.

He suffered a serious injury in the first game of the year vs. Houston Stratford, was pulled out of the game, and hasn't been heard of much this year (the QB of Stratford the son of a former Houston Oilers QB, going to Stanford next year).

The backfield McGuffie plays in is full of D1 talent, but his offensive line is usually overmatched.

With McGuffie's size and speed, he would be better at the next level as a slot receiver. Time will tell.

He has a pretty impressive highlight reel. But as ynnho stated, he isnt going to be a savior for UM. Too small for the type of football that UM plays. Now if Carr leaves and they bring in a Leach type of coach that will throw it all over the field (wont happen) then he could do some damage.

Shugarts, an OSU verbal and teammate of McGiffie, lobbied for an offer from tOSU. McGuffie didnt want to travel to OSU for camp and OSU in return would not offer. We have a similar back, Mo Wells, and he has had a hard time making it OSU. Though he has done a decent job this year. At the end of the day, I am glad that we didnt offer him and UM took him.

He would have been a star at TT.

I think the guy can be better utilized like a wes welker, although i really have no idea how well he catches the ball. I agree with the Texas Tech comment

If it wasn't for YouTube, he would be a preferred walk-on type guy at a big D1 school.

Your way off man..way off..sorry.

lot of haterz...he wasn't even 80% last night and was running behind an all new oline, with a shitty qb.

to be a star at UM you shouldn't need a good team to show out in HS, especially when you know you are on ESPN!

Did anyone watch Daphne vs Foley spotlighting Julio Jones (two or three weeks ago - i forget)? Now that's a stud that is ready for college ball. What does Bama have to do to get him? 20k? 200k? 200k + escalade + nice house for the parents? we will see.

EDIT: playing UT on national TV might help! FU Kentucky! Good thing I'll be at the game. SEC regional coverage is AWFUL

to be a star at UM you shouldn't need a good team to show out in HS, especially when you know you are on ESPN!

Did anyone watch Daphne vs Foley spotlighting Julio Jones (two or three weeks ago - i forget)? Now that's a stud that is ready for college ball. What does Bama have to do to get him? 20k? 200k? 200k + escalade + nice house for the parents? we will see.

EDIT: playing UT on national TV might help! FU Kentucky! Good thing I'll be at the game. SEC regional coverage is AWFUL
he had 168 yds correct on a bum ankle..

LMFAO at this thread.

I watched probably 12 plays total so I am in no position to judge. I had no idea he was beat up either. I thought he used that spin move too often and it got him popped early in the game by #45 and he was visibly shaken from that hit, score was about 9-7 at that point. I didn't see anything that made me say wow but I didn't watch the whole game. I was expecting to see his youtube highlight film live

thx for the clarity jump. i didn't even glance at this game, i was replying to the excuses about him not looking impressive.

If it wasn't for YouTube, he would be a preferred walk-on type guy at a big D1 school.

Your way off man..way off..sorry.

Hunt is President of the McGuffie Fan Club and fellates Sam every day. Hunt swears his manjuice cures cancer.

Mcguffie the internet Michigan legend. The guy is not going to be bigtime and will turn into a Jeremy Bloom type player. He's so damn small and his highlight tapes from last year have holes from his OL I could run through.

Stonum the other Texas kid should be the guy Wolverine fans should be drooling over not this kid.

The good news is he will get 20+ carries under Miles.
"White RB? put that summa bitch in there wham right on 3 lets go"

I think it's evident by this thread some people might be a little more obssessed with him not doing well RJ...he has speed and brings another dimension UM hasn't had...line him up in the slot, run the shotgun with mallet, kid will be fine...he will bulk up from a college weight program..HArt is only 5-7..do you guys even watch football? lol.

Back