Saints vs Seabags Discussion

Keenan Lewis says he is a go

Lean the Saints initially with the points. Hard to beat a good NFL team twice, and if the Saints can get through the first bit of emotion unscathed, we definitely don't see a repeat. SEA will be rested and obviously they, like the Saints are a monster at home. Wilson is a better QB obv than Foles, and has been in the post season in his short career already. The Saints D has been underrated I think by some this year.....

Be tough for them to get the outright(possible yet) but the line is a tad much in my estimation.....

Thoughts?

Keenan Lewis says he is a go

Lean the Saints initially with the points. Hard to beat a good NFL team twice, and if the Saints can get through the first bit of emotion unscathed, we definitely don't see a repeat. SEA will be rested and obviously they, like the Saints are a monster at home. Wilson is a better QB obv than Foles, and has been in the post season in his short career already. The Saints D has been underrated I think by some this year.....

Be tough for them to get the outright(possible yet) but the line is a tad much in my estimation.....

Thoughts?

Myth of all myths

Not beat a NFL team twice....A good one.

It is. Good coaches, players, teams......

I am not talking about a home/road with the Jags here...

When these two teams look at film from the last meeting what's gonna happen? The Hawks played a flawless game, there is not much that they can change or work on from that game? The Saints on the other hand now know exactly what they can't do on both sides of the ball. A better Hawks team can't really show up this weekend.

Still very much much undecided here but one thing is certain, the Saints can't play smash mouth with this team and they know it.

I think Drew and Payton are some pretty damn good offensive minds, they will have a different gameplan this time around.

Not beat a NFL team twice....A good one.

It is. Good coaches, players, teams......

I am not talking about a home/road with the Jags here...

I'll have to look at the numbers, but I do have the numbers for how hard it is to beat a team THREE times:

In cases where a team has gone 2-0 in the regular season, they are 13-7 in the third game (contrary to the myth).

Given that the third game is ALWAYS a playoff game and these teams are usually "good" on the surface, this cold hard data contradicts your theory. I'll be surprised if the numbers aren't strong for beating a playoff team only twice in the same season.

For example:

The 49ers beat the Arizona Cardinals (a team with the same record as the Saints) twice this season. 2-0
49ers beat the Packers twice last year.
Denver beat KC twice this year
Indi beat KC twice this year

EDIT:
Seahawks beat Saints twice this year

Last edited:
Saints beat the TB team that won the Sb twice their year if I remember right,,,,and the Saints were shit that year

Maybe I am imagining this. I just know the Saints aren't going to get trucked...just do not see it

100% chance of rain I saw and some wind...

Fact is Saints out rushed(by committee) the best RB in the league last week.....interesting game

I don't love the Saints.....Hawks get a couple of early breaks and the fans get to batshit crazy stage, saints do get trucked.....BUT.....a couple of early Saints breaks and the pressure is put to the Seattle offense...well, I am shitting bricks at that point......

breezy with rain...some heavy...upper 40s.....advantage hawks i would think......under worth a look i think.....46 too much

Seattle didn't close out the season playing all that well, it has to be of some concern. The thing I do wonder though is if New Orleans can stop Seattle's offense. I'm not sure that they can.

The focus is on Seattle's monster D and the Saints explosive offense, and rightfully so, that is the sexy matchup and the best part of each team. I think though, that the game will be decided going the other direction, when Seattle has the ball.

Teams are combined 12-21 o/u

Sea is 3-3 ATS overall as 7-14 pt faves, 2-2 at home

100% chance of rain I saw and some wind...

Fact is Saints out rushed(by committee) the best RB in the league last week.....interesting game

Amazingly, the Eagles defense made Ingram look like a legit NFL RB. Not sure the Seahawks will be as accommodating.

Changed my avatar for you Twink. Hope you approve

Back