Saints Fans, COME ON IN!!!

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
<table class="s_playerNewsTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>
pixel.gif
</td><td class="s_playerNewsLeftBorder">
pixel.gif
</td><td class="s_playerNewsText">
NFL_Vilma_small.jpg

Jonathan Vilma is "very very close" to becoming a New Orleans Saint, according to the Washington Post. The New Orleans Times Picayune reports the Jets and New Orleans are "close to finalizing a deal."
The Redskins "nosed around" Vilma, but never showed serious interest. The Lions also wanted him, but may be less willing to give up draft picks. Newsday guesses that the Saints will be sending a third-round pick to New York. It's not out of the question that the Jets would in turn send that pick to Carolina for Kris Jenkins. Feb. 28 - 9:12 pm et
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="s_playerNewsTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
</td><td class="s_playerNewsText">
NFL_Shockey_small.jpg

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Saints have contacted the Giants about Jeremy Shockey.
He probably isn't available, but it's interesting nonetheless. New Orleans' top two TEs from '07, Eric Johnson and Billy Miller, are both unsigned. We still can't imagine the Giants moving Shockey for more than a package of picks, including the Saints' second-rounder (No. 40). The Jints may even ask for a first. Feb. 29 - 12:03 am et
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Saints in Lead to Sign Asante Samuel

Posted Feb 27th 2008 6:50AM by Michael David Smith
Filed under: Patriots, Saints, Boston, New Orleans, NFL Free Agency
asantesamuel.jpg
New England Patriots cornerback Asante Samuel is less than 48 hours away from becoming an unrestricted free agent, and the New Orleans Saints are the early favorites to sign him. In fact, some league observers believe the Saints and Samuel's agent have already engaged in some early (and technically against the rules) contract negotiations that could land Samuel in New Orleans before the weekend is over.

Fox Sports reports that the Saints are in the lead to give Samuel the contract of $10 million to $11 million a year that he seeks. Pro Football Talk reports that there's talk in league circles that the deal has already been worked out.

A shutdown cornerback is the Saints' highest priority this off-season. New Orleans had the worst pass defense in the league last season, and that was the biggest reason the Saints declined from the NFC Championship Game to missing the playoffs. Having Samuel cost $10 million a year or more against the salary cap is an awfully big investment and probably too much money, but it's better than standing pat.

It's Official - Vilma to Saints, Jenkins to Jets, Panthers get Saints 2nd or 3rd? Can't find it online anywhere yet but heard John Clayton say vilma/saints and jenkins/jets was done.

yea smoke, I've read and heard the same things about Philly being the front runner. I'd be surprised if we did go after Asante since Tom Benson is a horrible owner but it looks like we are going to be active this off season.

Damn, reNew! You beat me to the punch. I was just about to start an offseason thread for our boys in the black & gold.

... how 'bout Vilma!

... and possibly Samuel!

Damn, reNew! You beat me to the punch. I was just about to start an offseason thread for our boys in the black & gold.

... how 'bout Vilma!

... and possibly Samuel!

lol, I've been trying to find all the info on what is going on this off season.

Apparently Jeff Faine has signed with the Bucs and will be the highest paid center in the league. No idea if that's true but I'll gladly let him walk if we would have had to pay that much. So I guess Jonathan Goodwin is our starter, we just signed him to a contract extension. Jamar Nesbit also resigned. I'm definitely still concerned about our line...

Simoneau has resigned, no details on contract but I guess he's the back up now. Brian Young also resigned for an undisclosed amount as far as I know.

Olindo Mare was released on Wednesday I believe.

Devery Henderson, David Patten, Eric Johnson, and Billy Miller all UFA. I'm interested who we will plug in at WR or TE opposite of Marques. Terrance Copper is obviously in our plans since we resigned him and Robert Meachem HAS to play this year, but we still need one more option.

Goodwin started against Jax (one of the better DT duos in the NFL) and held his own, so I am not concerned with Faine's departure.

Meachem needs to get healthy and stay healthy for once in his life.

We need to resign Patten.

Young needs to step up and become a force at DT.

And we need to resign Stecker unless the coaches are confident in Thomas.

Last offseason, the Saints acquired help at LB, CB, and S... or so they thought!

Saints answer to helping LB last year, Brian Simmons.

Saints answer to helping CB (replace Fred Thomas) last year, Jason David.

Saints answer to create competition among Bullocks and Harper, Kaesviharn.

The Saints were 1 out of 3 in acquiring improvements. Hopfully, Payton has enough sense to give Kaesviharn more playing time.

We signed an injury-prone middle LB, a nickel CB, and a DE.

We need a shutdown CB to play every down, and a DT to stuff the run.

What have we addressed?

Also, I am not a fan of McKenzie and now he has a bum knee, so I think the Saints need to acquire two new starting CB's unless Payton has faith in Usama Young and Randall Yag.

Just an update/disucssion

We did resign David Patten for 2 years. Looks like we will be having another go with the same WR corp

well I didn't even notice this had occured, but this could be huge for us.

<table class="s_playerNewsTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="162" width="508"><tbody><tr><td>
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
</td><td class="s_playerNewsText">Saints agreed to terms with LB Dan Morgan on a one-year contract.
Morgan is reportedly expected to start at weak-side linebacker, but we'll see if he can beat out Scott Shanle first. He's still recovering from Achilles surgery and will have to avoid concussions when contact workouts begin. On paper at least, the Saints' linebacker crew now looks pretty good. Mar. 6 - 8:06 pm et
Source: Gaston Gazette</td></tr></tbody></table>

Also for this year's draft, lets discuss who we should be targeting. As much as EVERYONE has been stressing the fact we need a CB, I would not mind drafting a DT or OL. That may mean we move up or down the draft board and fill needs but doubt it with all the moves we've been making.

Players I've seen in mocks:
Sedrick Ellis DT
Glenn Dorsey DT
Kentwan Balmar DT
Aqib Talib CB
Mike Jenkins CB
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB - He's been flying up the draft borads, Kiper has him going @ #7 to the Pats, but he also says if they pass the Saints will take him. of course he has no bearing over what anyone does.
Leodis McKelvin CB
Keith Rivers LB - Chances have to be 0% now
Kenny Phillips S

The first few picks I've seen lately have been coming out like this.

#1 Dolphins - Chris Long
#2 Rams - Jake Long
#3 Falcons - Matt Ryan
#4 Raiders - Darren McFadden/Glenn Dorsey
#5 Chiefs - Ryan Clady

Raiders pretty much dictate what the rest of the teams will do... but I can't see how you pass up on McFadden even with Fargas doing well last year + Sapp's retirement.

#6 Jets - Now that they have traded away Vilma and run the 3-4 I can't see them passing on Gholston. If McFadden isn't a Raider then he certainly is a Jet LB
#7 Patriots - Really think they want Gholston but doubt he'll be available, next spot to fill is obviously CB and I would hate to see them draft Cromartie. LB/CB
#8 Ravens - Brian Brohm? CB is beginning to get thin for them since McAlister and Rolle are getting older and more injury prone. QB/CB
#9 Bengals - no clue, any defender. I guess Ellis or Dorsey(if Dorsey is available) D
#10 Saints - If Cromartie is gone and Dorsey still available, I don't see anyway we pass up on him. Jets may be searching for a DT but I think our only real threat is the Bengals. There are a # of players above who would be available that could fill needs, but I'd love Dorsey. CB/DT

Also we need to sign a TE, Eric Johnson and Billy Miller still unsigned so what are we doing here? The draft class looks thin to me.

We apparently brought in Trent Green the other day, Jamie Martin is a FA so we have Palko as our back up right now.

Talib? Jenkins? McKelvin? Dorsey? Ellis? I don't know.

I just don't understand the spending of money this offseason by the Saints. We are paying starter-level salaries to guys that may not start every play.

Saints re-signed TE Eric Johnson to a one-year contract.
No one else had interest. Johnson caught 48 balls last year, but averaged a dismal 7.9 YPC and got hurt again, missing two late-season games. Billy Miller and Mark Campbell will likely be in line for more snaps this year. Mar. 10 - 6:43 pm et

Sad thing is I was excited last year about our TEs...

NewOrleansSaints.com
For Immediate Release: April 7, 2008

New Orleans Saints Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis announced Monday that the club has signed unrestricted free agent cornerback Aaron Glenn.

Glenn, a 5-9, 183-pound first-round draft choice of the New York Jets in 1994 out of Texas A&M, is a 14-year veteran cornerback who has played for the Jets (1994-2001), Houston Texans (2002-2004), Dallas Cowboys (2005-2006) and most recently with the Jacksonville Jaguars (2007). He has accumulated 633 career tackles, 41 career interceptions for 560 yards and six touchdowns via interception returns. Glenn ranks fifth among active interception leaders in the NFL, trailing only Minnesota’s Darren Sharper (53), former Kansas City Chief Ty Law (52), Jacksonville’s Sammy Knight and Denver’s Champ Bailey (42 each). Glenn is one of 23 players in NFL history to have returned two interceptions for touchdowns in the same game, a feat he accomplished in 2002.

The veteran defensive back is familiar to the Saints’ coaching staff, having played for the Cowboys in 2005 when head coach Sean Payton was the assistant head coach and defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs coached the linebackers. Glenn has played in 201 career regular season games with 175 starts, including five games for Jacksonville in 2007 where he had one interception, which he returned for a touchdown.

Character concerns drop Talib, Manningham from multiple draft boards

Two potential first-round, early-entry juniors — Kansas CB Aqib Talib and Michigan WR Mario Manningham — have been removed from the draft boards of multiple NFL teams because of character concerns.

Specifically, Talib admitted at the Combine to testing positive for marijuana three times while at the University of Kansas, according to several league sources. While teams appreciated Talib’s honesty, it bothered one team that Talib dismissed the first positive test because he said he had told Kansas head coach Mark Mangino that he was going to test positive.

Manningham, unlike Talib, denied testing positive at any time throughout college when the question was posed at the Combine about his past marijuana use. He also worked out poorly at the Combine after having waited to sign an agent and showing up unprepared to the annual event.

After hiring an agent, however, Manningham showed up in better physical condition at his pro day and ran considerably faster. He also distributed a letter to NFL team officials admitting that he "wasn't straightforward" during team interviews at the Combine, had failed two drug tests while at the University of Michigan and apologized for any confusion he caused as a result of being “nervous and scared.”

“I don’t use marijuana anymore — and I have passed tests since,” Manningham wrote in the letter. “I know what is at stake for me, and my career. I am learning what it is going to take to be a professional. I am writing this letter because I just want a fair evaluation, and I want to be accountable for my actions. I am willing to be re-interviewed, re-tested, and to undergo any evaluation any team wants me to undergo.”
The way we hear it, Manningham, despite handling the situation poorly at the Combine with little guidance, is viewed as less of a character risk than Talib, who has been removed from more draft boards than Manningham, based on conversations PFW has had with nine NFL teams.

“There is no way I’d touch (Talib),” one team told PFW. “He’s gotten into a lot of trouble, and he still does not get it.”

“He’s got a laundry list of issues,” another team executive said of Talib's off-the-field behavior. “He’s not a one-time offender. Give a guy like him money, and it never gets better. It only gets worse.”

Talib was suspended for two games in 2006 for disciplinary reasons and has numerous non-drug-related issues that concern teams, although he has told teams that he has changed his ways since his daughter was born on June 22, 2007.

Manningham has drawn more sympathy than Talib from teams who have interviewed the pair.
“(Manningham) does not have a strong support network; he just had his grandfather. He needs a lot of guidance," a club official told PFW. "He is embarrassed by his past. He’s really reserved and quiet. Lloyd Carr vouches for him, and they have not always seen eye to eye.”

Manningham was also suspended for the Eastern Michigan game last season "due to Coach Carr's determination that I was lacking in focus," Manningham wrote in his letter.

Both players could still wind up being drafted in the first round, because they possess great football playing instincts and elite athletic ability. However, they could easily slide a round because too many teams have removed them from draft consideration.

looks like deuce is still gonna be around but think theyre pushing back the roster bonus again or reworking it?

<table class="schedTable" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="schedTopper"><td class="wkBox">WK</td> <td>DATE</td> <td>OPPONENT</td> <td class="timeBox">TIME (ET)</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>1</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Sun, Sep 7</td><td><nobr>Tampa Bay</nobr></td> <td colspan="1">1:00 PM</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>2</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Sun, Sep 14</td><td><nobr>at Washington</nobr></td> <td colspan="1">1:00 PM</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>3</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Sun, Sep 21</td><td><nobr>at Denver</nobr></td> <td colspan="1">4:05 PM</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>4</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Sun, Sep 28</td><td><nobr>San Francisco</nobr></td> <td colspan="1">1:00 PM</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>5</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Mon, Oct 6</td><td><nobr>Minnesota</nobr></td> <td colspan="1">8:30 PM</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>6</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Sun, Oct 12</td><td><nobr>Oakland</nobr></td> <td colspan="1">1:00 PM</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>7</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Sun, Oct 19</td><td><nobr>at Carolina</nobr></td> <td colspan="1">1:00 PM</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>8</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Sun, Oct 26</td><td><nobr>San Diego</nobr></td> <td colspan="1">1:00 PM</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>10</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Sun, Nov 9</td><td><nobr>at Atlanta</nobr></td> <td colspan="1">1:00 PM</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>11</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Sun, Nov 16</td><td><nobr>at Kansas City</nobr></td> <td colspan="1">1:00 PM</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>12</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Mon, Nov 24</td><td><nobr>Green Bay</nobr></td> <td colspan="1">8:30 PM</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>13</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Sun, Nov 30</td><td><nobr>at Tampa Bay</nobr></td> <td colspan="1">1:00 PM</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>14</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Sun, Dec 7</td><td><nobr>Atlanta</nobr></td> <td colspan="1">1:00 PM</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>15</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Thu, Dec 11</td><td><nobr>at Chicago</nobr></td> <td colspan="1">8:15 PM</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>16</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Sun, Dec 21</td><td><nobr>at Detroit</nobr></td> <td colspan="1">1:00 PM</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>17</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Sun, Dec 28</td><td><nobr>Carolina</nobr></td> <td colspan="1">1:00 PM</td></tr></tbody></table>

Citing a source familiar with the situation, the Newark Star-Ledger reports Jeremy Shockey told the Giants last December that he wanted "a changed role in the offense or a trade to another team."

Shockey allegedly threatened to sit out the upcoming season if neither request was granted. He feels that his career is being cut short by the blocking emphasis installed by head coach Tom Coughlin and believes he was used more effectively under former coach Jim Fassel and offensive coordinator Sean Payton. Apr. 19 - 9:33 am et

This again brings up the Shockey trade. Rumors are heating up again that the Saints are now willing to trade Roman Harper and the second round pick for Shockey. My sister knows Roman and is also very good friends with Romans best friends from home and they don't believe it's really going to happen but interesting to see where this is going, don't know how I feel about this even though we'd be filling TE, our secondary is going to be even worse.

Harper is one of the few potential talents we have in the secondary. Why would we dish him for a drama queen TE when we don't use our TE that much to begin with.

Oh, and if we draft another WR, I'm breaking shit too. Let Detroit stockpile the WR's in the draft.

John Clayton's latest article

Trading into the top seven:

The New Orleans Saints, owners of the No. 10 pick, might do it. They are interested in trading with the Rams to get the No. 2 pick and take defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey. The Rams haven't gotten back to the Saints to indicate whether they would consider a trade.

If the Saints can't get Dorsey, they would target USC defensive tackle Sedrick Ellis, whom they could get by jumping ahead of the Bengals at No. 9. Defensive tackles are one of the hardest positions to hit big on in the first round.

interesting

Keep seeing Dorsey/Ellis trade up possibilities since this post was made. Also seeing less of Rivers in mock drafts and more of McKelvin/Cromartie.

Either way it looks like we are going to be actively seeking trades to move up and acqurie Shockey and Shockey appears to want to play here.

My Thoughts

We are actively looking to trade up but not trade down... these are the only words Saints GM Loomis are allowing to go public.

I like the idea! Trade up a spot or three to ensure we get Sedrick Ellis. He can plug the middle and rush the opposing QBs. I love Dorsey, but the Saints do not need to trade up to the #2 spot to draft Dorsey. One, we will have to give up too much to move that high in the draft. Two, we will have to pay too much to the #2 overall pick.

Shockey wants NOLA... we are willing to part with Roman Harper... and I am sitting here asking why! We have not actively used our TEs since Sean Payton has become coach. As I said above, why give up half of our good safeties (we only have two, Kaesviharn being the other good S) for a player that we will not use to his full potential. Now, maybe we haven't used our TEs because the coaches have not had faith in them as receivers. God knows Payton prefers passing rather than rushing, so another receiving threat for Brees would be a good thing considering our running game is always suspect. Bush cannot handle the every-down work load, and Deuce will inevitably get injured at some point. I am a huge advocate of releasing both Bush and Deuce, and having Aaron Stecker and Pierre Thomas as our two RBs options. Hell, we don't run enough as it is with Payton running the offense, so why not save on the RB side and use the money to get some damn secondary!

How about a trade for Lito Sheppard rather than Shockey? I like the idea of adding experience and talent to a spot on the roster where we need it and where we will use it! Miller is fine at TE; he can block and catch and we don't need him to do much more the few times he is called upon.

How about stocking up on OL in the later rounds since our OL is suspect?

How about ridding of Deuce to a team that needs a RB (like Chicago) to have the money to spend on talented defensive players? This obviously will not happen as NO has recently signed Deuce.

How about dishing Reggie off to a team that can use him for his true talent? Bush is good for serving as a distraction, and catching out of the backfield. The Saints do not have a running game to make defenses worry about where Bush is on the field. Defenses know we can pass and that we cannot run, so a 5'10" 200LBS guy in the backfield with a suspect OL in front of him does not distract a defense.

I have never been a fan of Sean Payton because he is better suited to be an OC or QB coach like he was in Dallas. Why? It should be obvious to see he is a one-sided HC, and successful HC's are ones that think on both sides of the ball. I do not think the Saints will amount to much with Payton at the helm, maybe a playoff game or two. With Tampa/Gruden being the best, Fox being a good HC in Carolina, and Art Blank being an active owner willing to spend to help his franchise; the Saints face an uphill battle each year in the NFC South. Add to it a suspect running game (good rushing starts with the OL not the all-star RB) and a soft defense, the Saints are in for a tough time. Emotion drives this team, not talent, not coaching.

Who will the Saints draft and what will they amount to this season? We shall see...

wow, I bet you'll hate to read this then Blue_Chip.

Saints dangling Brown, hoping to move up for Dorsey

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td width="10"> </td> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td width="50">
3708.jpg
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap"> April 24, 2008
By Pete Prisco
CBSSports.com Senior Writer
Tell Pete your opinion!
</td> <td width="10"> </td> <td align="right"> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="0"><tbody><tr><td><script type="text/javascript"><!--// var dclkFeaturesponsor='http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/cbssports/'+vTag+';'+vTarget+';'+uID+';sz=400x60;tile=7;ord='+random+'?'; if (switchDclk != 'off') { if (location.search.substring(1).indexOf('DCLK')>-1) document.write('<input type="text" value="'+dclkFeaturesponsor+'" style="width:400px">
'); document.write('<scr' +'ipt src="'+dclkFeaturesponsor+'"><\/script>'); } // sz=234x42; // --></script><script style="display: none;" src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/cbssports/nfl/media/stories;arena=nfl;site=media;feat=stories;type=psa;user=Named;ct=USA;st=LA;ac=225;gend=M;age=A;occ=13;seg=nonaol;adv=c;cust=yes;fteam=NFL-none;fteam=NBA-none;fteam=MLB-none;fteam=NHL-none;fteam=NCAAF-none;fteam=NCAAB-none;pteam=NBA-none;pteam=NHL-none;pteam=NCAAF-none;pteam=NCAAB-none;fplay=TEN-none;fplay=AUTO-none;pplay=TEN-none;pplay=AUTO-none;u=henry_lin;sz=400x60;tile=7;ord=44925987994587346?"></script><noscript></noscript>
</td></tr></tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td width="10"> </td> <td>
<table class="buttonCnt" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td>
<script type="text/javascript">function fbs_click(){u="http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10797100";t="Saints%20dangling%20Brown%2C%20hoping%20to%20move%20up%20for%20Dorsey";window.open('http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u='+encodeURIComponent(u)+'&t='+encodeURIComponent(t),'sharer','toolbar=0,status=0,width=626,height=436');return false;}</script>

</td> </tr></tbody></table>​
<!-- T10797100 --><!-- Sesame Modified: 04/24/2008 21:01:05 --><!-- sversion: 6 $Updated: johnnyr$ -->[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] The New Orleans Saints are trying hard to move up in Saturday's draft for a shot to draft defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey of LSU, and one of the pieces they are shopping in a trade is left tackle Jammal Brown, according to a league source. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] <table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="310"> <tbody><tr> <td class="adlabel" colspan="3">Advertisement
</td> <td rowspan="3" width="10"> </td> </tr> <tr><td align="center" height="250" width="300"> <script type="text/javascript"><!--// var dclkImu='http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/cbssports/'+vTag+';'+vTarget+';'+uID+';sz=300x250;tile=15;ord='+random+'?'; if (switchDclk != 'off') { if (location.search.substring(1).indexOf('DCLK')>-1) document.write('<input type="text" value="'+dclkImu+'" style="width:300px">
'); document.write('<scr' +'ipt src="'+dclkImu+'"><\/script>'); } // --></script><script style="display: none;" src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/cbssports/nfl/media/stories;arena=nfl;site=media;feat=stories;type=psa;user=Named;ct=USA;st=LA;ac=225;gend=M;age=A;occ=13;seg=nonaol;adv=c;cust=yes;fteam=NFL-none;fteam=NBA-none;fteam=MLB-none;fteam=NHL-none;fteam=NCAAF-none;fteam=NCAAB-none;pteam=NBA-none;pteam=NHL-none;pteam=NCAAF-none;pteam=NCAAB-none;fplay=TEN-none;fplay=AUTO-none;pplay=TEN-none;pplay=AUTO-none;u=henry_lin;sz=300x250;tile=15;ord=44925987994587346?"></script><noscript></noscript>
</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="3" height="10"><spacer type="block" height="10" width="1"></td></tr> </tbody></table>
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Brown, who has 43 starts in his three seasons in the league, is considered one of the better young tackles in the game, although his play dropped off some in 2007. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Brown went to the Pro Bowl in 2006 as a second-year player and was named to the All-Pro team. The decision to include Brown in trade talks shows the seriousness of the Saints and their want for Dorsey. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] To get to Dorsey, the Saints would likely have to work out a deal with the St. Louis Rams to get the second pick. The Rams also like Dorsey, so it might be tough to pry that pick away. The Saints own the 10th pick in the first round, and Dorsey would certainly be gone by then. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] The Atlanta Falcons, who own the third pick, are also interested in Dorsey. They could move up to the second spot to make sure the Saints don't jump them to get Dorsey. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Brown was the 13th player taken in the 2006 NFL Draft. He started at right tackle as a rookie, so he can play both. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] In 2006, Brown was charged with domestic abuse after his wife dialed 911 and told police her husband had struck here. The charges were later dropped. [/FONT]

</td></tr></tbody></table>

I would love to get Dorsey, but you have to be kidding me. Brown IS our line, our line is going to be awful if this happens. I understand getting a premier DT but shit, they have to feeling like we are going to be unstoppable on the D-LINE to even be thinking about this move or expecting great things from Bushrod or Streif... lol this is fucking ridiculous. :hang:

NFL_Shockey_small.jpg

Pro Football Weekly is hearing that the Saints and Giants may already have a deal in place that would send Jeremy Shockey to New Orleans.
PFW isn't the greatest source, but ESPN's Chris Mortensen says he's heard similar rumors. Pro Football Weekly says the deal would send "multiple picks" to New York, including the Saints' second-round pick (No. 40 overall). Apr. 25 - 6:10 pm et
Source: Pro Football Weekly

looks like hes on the way Blue_Chip

reNew, my guy in N.O is telling me its' a 2nd round and a conditional pick next year for what that's worth. They are also trying to make a deal maybe with Oakland to move up and get Ellis.

I was scared shitless when I saw we traded with the Pats; I just knew Belichick got the best of dumbass Payton. But, giving up our 3rd rd pick to jump Cincy isn't bad. Pats knew their guy would be around still at 10

i didn't understand drafting a K and WR. we could've just brought in a bunch of these rookie free agents for the kicking job.

i didn't understand drafting a K and WR. we could've just brought in a bunch of these rookie free agents for the kicking job.

Yeah but this is a solid proven cold weather kicker with lots of potential.
He is a perfect fit for those Dome blizzards late in the season.

I like grabbing another sizable WR. Meacham needs to produce and a young specimen may just be what it takes to get him motivated.

I just knew we had a deal w/ Chiefs for Dorsey......oh well.

Just j/k..I wanted Ellis bad but I think Rivers is going to be a very good player for us.

two can't miss players, but funny how I kept seeing mock drafts that said we would draft Rivers and continued to say that yet we didn't even draft a LB. Odell isn't suspended anymore for yall either

Hopefully Dan Morgan and Vilma stay healthy, or Shanle if hes WLB steps it up a bit, either way our secondary shouldn't look nearly as bad with Ellis up front.

either way our secondary shouldn't look nearly as bad with Ellis up front.

If Ellis can only get after the QB, then the time is not there to sit back in the pocket and pick apart our secondary. I am glad we kept Harper, even though Shockey might have been ammo for Brees.

LOL... not really

NFL_Alexander_small.jpg

NFL.com's Adam Schefter reports that Shaun Alexander, who is in Cincinnati on Monday for a free agent visit, is scheduled to meet the Saints Wednesday.

He could provide competition in New Orleans for Deuce McAllister, who's recovering from surgery on both knees. Alexander would be a slightly more intriguing fantasy commodity with the Saints, although both teams' backfields are muddled. Either way, we wouldn't expect much from the declining back. May. 5 - 3:06 pm et
Source: NFL.com

NFL_Shockey_small.jpg

Despite being unable to strike a draft-day deal, the Saints reportedly may continue their pursuit of Jeremy Shockey.
Unless they're willing to send strong safety Roman Harper to New York, however, the Saints might lack the ammunition to get a deal done. Coach Sean Peyton would love to add Shockey to his offense, but he'll require a new contract and possibly 2009 draft picks on top of a starting player. May. 4 - 2:29 pm et
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

NFL_Shockey_small.jpg

Despite being unable to strike a draft-day deal, the Saints reportedly may continue their pursuit of Jeremy Shockey.
Unless they're willing to send strong safety Roman Harper to New York, however, the Saints might lack the ammunition to get a deal done. Coach Sean Peyton would love to add Shockey to his offense, but he'll require a new contract and possibly 2009 draft picks on top of a starting player. May. 4 - 2:29 pm et
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

Yea.. The Saints still want him.... and the Giants still have him.. ;)

I do think he would be a valuable asset to the Saints offense, but I won't expect the Saints to do anything drastic to get him and I won't expect the G-Men to let him go lightly either...

I could have seen the possibility of this happening before the draft with Harper in the mix somehow, but the Giants already drafted Kenny Phillips... I think Reese made it clear he has no intentions of letting Shockey go, so unless something drastic or unforeseen gets put on the table (which I doubt), I don't see this going down anymore.

yea, the whole problem to that was Roman Harper. Then yall too Kenny Phillips so I thought this whole thing wouldve died off. I think Sean Peyton needs to just suck it up and go with what we have, because already have offense, and maybe he can even think about defense this year...

Hopefully Meachem actually plays this year and provides some spark off the bench. If Deuce can carry the load, or maybe Pierre Thomas, hell Shaun Alexander even if we sigh him. Reggie says he is SERIOUS about this year (hes been staying in NO to work out and focus on football instead of going back to USC) so we shall see.

Free agent Chris Henry says he wants to play for the Cowboys or Saints.

Jerry Jones all but ruled out pursuing Henry after he was waived by the Bengals. The Saints could use him, but the NFL seems highly unlikely to let Henry play this season after he (allegedly) beat up an 18-year-old in April.
Source: ESPN.com
Related: Cowboys, Saints

I'd like him... if he cleaned up his act and I doubt coming back close to home might not be the best thing for him.

Back