Sacramento Kings to the Playoffs - NBA 2019/2020

javin

2020 CFB Underdog Contest Champion
Over 38.5 - 6.50 to win 5.90 units
Over 37.5 - 5.75 to win 5.00 units
Over 36.5 - 5.75 to win 5.00 units
Kings to make the playoffs - YES - 2.00 to win 6.80 units

Made the bet in August in Vegas.

Been a long time lurker. I was under a different name back in the early 2000's but I forget my username and password.

Two years ago, I told myself I'd bet on the Kings over. Last season, they overachieved with their lineup and I'm expecting them to be better in a much more crowded WEST. Kings did a good job in getting veteran role players to complement the young core. They got rid of a coach who was gunning for Divac's position and replaced him with Walton, who in my opinion has a better system designed for the current roster. Hield got his extension and I'm hoping Bogdanovic signs his. The management, coach, and players seem to be on the same page at last. As a Kings fan, it feels like this is the year we make it!

I have them winning at least 41 games. Best case scenario, 50 wins if they actually take it to the next level. For some reason, this team reminds me of the young 2009/2010 OKC squad that had KD, Harden, and RW - from 29 wins, they went on to win 50 games the following season. Last year, the Kings lost a lot of close games but still won 39 games. These guys love playing with each other and I believe their chemistry will play an important factor. Win or lose, I feel strongly about this team and I will definitely cheer for them this season!

Last edited:
0-0- YTD
All bets are 1 unit unless specified.

Lakers -3.5
First day of the season, I'll go with the more rested Lebron on a "neutral court". Clips front court looks mighty thin without PG. AD vs JaMychal? Please...

Love the kings

my favorite late night league pass squad last year, the announcers are great which helps, and the team is so fun

Bagley is so under the radar cause everyone dawned over doncic so much, but hes legit and luke will use him better too

Star fox is so fuckin fun, hield is a legit long distance bomber

@VirginiaCavs - Bringing his championship level skills to the Kings. Love it!

@guaranteeed - I'm guilty of that. I had Bagley as a bust. Haha. Turned out to be great after the ASB. Hopefully, he does take it to the next level! Fox, hield, and Bogi are so fun to watch! Haven't been this excited since the J-Will show.

Ya, Kings a fun squad.

Talent-wise they're there, hopefully they overcome the mental side of it given all the previous 'losing'.

Would be awesome to see them crack the playoffs this season.

GL brother.

0-1 YTD (-1.00)
All bets are 1 unit unless specified.

Sac -1.5 (2U)
Just cheering for my fantasy players in Fox and Hield.

Yeah this team’s hype was based on nothing. IMO Buddy is more a fringe NBA player. Not a 100 million guy. He’s an old player, too. No upside there. Fox is limited. Bagley always hurt. And Walton is lost. Tank time

Yeah, it's a really terrible way to start the season. Divac did a good job assembling the pieces but the chemistry doesn't exist. Didn't realize Dedmon has no IQ. He can't even make a simple pass without turning it over. Bagley got hurt. Ariza lost his mojo. Joseph plays better at a halfcourt set. Fox is "bothered" with his back.

Since I couldn't find Walton's social media, I messaged Divac (lol) to slide Barnes to the 4 and put Ariza as the 3 instead of having Bjelica at the 4. With the Kings' roster, they should be leading the pace but they can't do that with 2 big men.

Basically the trip to India in the preseason messed this team preparations up.

And it's made even harder by Vlade's roster make-up.

They will improve though.

Yeah this team’s hype was based on nothing. IMO Buddy is more a fringe NBA player. Not a 100 million guy. He’s an old player, too. No upside there. Fox is limited. Bagley always hurt. And Walton is lost. Tank time

giphy.gif

Kings offense last 5 minutes: pick and roll isolation plays.

WHY?!?!

I'll take the miracle offensive rebound shot in the end.

1-5, let's go!

More like re-evaluated in 3-4 weeks. Doesn't look good now. I'm guessing he'll be back around January or even after the ASB at worst. So many injuries on this team right now.

Buried myself in a hole after their 0-5 start but glad I kept chasing now that they're 4-6.

I haven't bet against the Kings this season yet but I'm going for the Lakers -10.5 if my bookie gives me the odds for this game.

Like the bet. Had the chance to watch the Kings live last season in November against the Raptors. I saw similar playing styles but it was men (Raptors) against boys (Kings). I thought that game helped them grow early on and with the addition of the veterans this became evident in their game against Toronto this year.

I was thinking of making similar futures wagers and wins wagers as you this year did not pull the trigger. I wish I had as I pissed that $$$ away on tennis bets.

Go Kings.

Kings are fun to watch again even with injuries. Still having issues with TOs. Interesting road trip coming up. If they're legit, they could come out with 2-2 on this.

Well you got a free win on Friday bc you’re playing my knicks, who did everything possible to piss away a 22 point lead at GSW tonight and barely hung on in OT. No shot they stay within single digits on fri lol

Back