Saban Takes BAMA job!

HennRoc

Pretty much a regular
Nick Saban is no longer the head coach of the Miami Dolphins as he has just informed his assistants via conference call that he is leaving Miami for the Alabama job, team sources have told FOXSports.com.

Dolphin players had told FOXSports.com that they believe Saban has made up his mind to take the Alabama job.
Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga is expected to make an announcement that Saban has done what he claimed for weeks he would not do, and that is go to Alabama.
Last night after meeting with the Dolphins owner Saban met in South Florida with Alabama AD Mal Moore.
The entire murky affair began weeks ago when reports first surfaced that the Dolphins head coach would be Alabama's top target to replace Mike Shula. Saban denied he would be leaving South Florida, but the rumor persisted.
For the last month or so weekly stories insisted that Alabama was targeting Saban, but the coach emphatically stated he would not be leaving Miami. Alabama, however, was clearly waiting to make a run at the former LSU coach and reports in Alabama stated the university was willing to comply with every demand Saban threw at them from financial terms to the size of his staff to his assistants' salaries. In the meantime, people close to Texans assistant coach Mike Sherman told FOXSports.com that Sherman met with Alabama officials last week. However, everyone else contacted about the job knew they had to wait for the Crimson Tide to make their run at Saban.

He lied and stabbed hizuenga in the back. Bad character move.. but smart move otherwise since the dolphins are headed downward in a division that everyone is gettin better
He will be god in t town..

Saban will enjoy the honeymoon the first year but his biligerent personality and style with medial and boosters will wear off quick. UA will get 4 years out of him and he's gone. Not because he has done a bad job but because he will not get along with the powers that run UA. Good coach, bad fit for him at UA.

i'm a diehard LSU fan and am shocked to see him go to Bama but cpa21, you are way off my friend. Saban will take control and bring the Roll Tide back to a powerhouse. in 2 to 3 years his recruiting classes will start showing up and all i can say is the man knows how to bring talent. Les Miles success this year is directly related to what Saban did for 4 years in Baton Rouge. Watch out SEC, the COACH is back.

Bama was desperate for a coach, he probably only signed on to the job if he has full control. The powers that be can stick their noses in whatever they want but imo Saban has the ball in his court..

55 years old and Bama offers you a $32 millon guaranteed contract. Pretty tough to turn down.

He wont be allowed back in the nfl.. HEs at Alabama for at least 6 years if he wins .. for life

YEAASSSSS ROLL TIDE!

and yes saban has complete control, people will bitch at losses, but he's the man, he's bringing in everyone that he wants, and he makes all the decisions. He's got a talented offense already, but in a couple years the studs on D will be comin back to bama. ohhhh im so glad ima season ticket holder, ROOLLL TIDE ROLLL

Poor Tubberville.. HEs shaking in his boots as we speak

The SEC has the best coaches in the country

Richt,Meyer,Spurrier,Fat Fulmer, Saban, Tubberville,

HUNTDOG said:
fat phil is shit.
Hes got a championship and im pretty sure he is top 3 as far was winning % goes ( with at least 100 games):shake:

I wouldn't get a boner over this tide fans...I was at MSU when he was there, he is great but the man is pussy whipped and loves a new challenge every two years.

Lloyd Carr got a championship and has a a great percentage and is a dogshit coach, I just think Phil gets outcoached in big games and is way overrated.

abcs said:
Poor Tubberville.. HEs shaking in his boots as we speak

The SEC has the best coaches in the country

Richt,Meyer,Spurrier,Fat Fulmer, Saban, Tubberville,

Quite a list but I sure wouldn't include Fat Phil either. There's plenty of guys who would do better with all that talent he has to work with. I saw no adjustments out of him and Cutcliffe in the 2nd half vs. PSt. That was an embarassing loss for the Vols.

I hate Nick Saban. He says a fucking week ago, "I will not be the Alabama coach." And he's the Alabama coach a week later. What kind of character is that? Doesn't any coach have any loyalty anymore, or worry about being a man of his word? This disgusts me, just because of how disinegenuous he was leading up to the "decision."

resource for that quote killa? i followed this process pretty closely and i recall saban always refusing to answer any and all questions about thw whole thing.

Typical Tide fan. Always looking through Crimson glasses. Until they tear down that statue of the Bear, stop with the pre-game Bear crap, they will not move forward. Always looking in the review mirror. All you have to do is watch when they pan the crowd and see people in houndstooth hats and baseball caps. Can't move forward if you are always thinking of the past.

As far as recruiting?...we will see. Saban had all of Louisiana and East TX to pull from without another legitimate school to compete against. Not as many players in Alabama and he has to split that pot with AU. Hold off on the great recruiter stuff until he has to really get out and compete for the talent. This will be his true test as a coach imo.

I agree completely with HUNTDOG. Fulmer is dog-poo.

Saban is a great hire for Bama. The Tide will be national contenders in 3-4 years.

Dmac...do you ever follow san diego football? I know it is 1-aa but the rumors are if Carr steps down after next year, harbaugh will take over if he does well at stanford. I read he has a pretty wide open offense..just wondering.

What everyone is missing is this further puts the notorious cheating program of Bama under another microscope. BAMA will be competitive and right when everything seems to be coming together the sanctions will return and Saban will be headed up north to Penn State or the like.

Sacrificing continuity for sucess is fun at first but Saban will not be at Bama for more than 6 years you can bank that shit.

Dont tell me he will stay for the future he could have had two championship teams at LSU past two years but choose the money.

LSU AD Bertman didnt pay Saban and he hauled ass.....leaving potential national titles in the dust. Money hungry is the first word that comes to mind. The next concern is recruiting. Saban has lied to so many recruits the uneasiness will still be there. Saban will beat Auburn though.....and LSU.

breaking_mast.gif

<TABLE class=bg0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=428 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=428 bgColor=#dfe9c9 colSpan=3>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=5>
spacer.gif
</TD><TD width=418>[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Wednesday, January 03, 2007[/FONT]</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD width=5>
spacer.gif
</TD><TD width=418>
spacer.gif

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Saban's flight arrives in Tuscaloosa
New University of Alabama head football coach Nick Saban arrived at the Tuscaloosa airport at 3:47 p.m. and chose to shake hands with fans, setting off a near mob scene.

"I just want to talk to the people," Saban said as he was thronged by reporters and hustled off the tarmac.

Saban will be formally introduced at a 10 a.m. CST press conference on Thursday in the Naylor Stone Media Room in the Mal M. Moore Athletic Building on the UA campus.

“When I set out on this search, I noted that I was seeking a coach who has a proven record of championship success and achievement," UA athletics director Mal Moore said in the statement. "Coach Saban brings that proven record of accomplishment and leadership to our program. The hiring of Coach Saban signifies a new era of Crimson Tide football and affirms our commitment to provide our student-athletes and fans with a leader who will continue our commitment to excellence across the board.”

Saban has compiled a record of 106-59-1 (.642) in 13 seasons as a head coach, having also led programs at Louisiana State (LSU), Michigan State and Toledo.
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Killa said:
I hate Nick Saban. He says a fucking week ago, "I will not be the Alabama coach." And he's the Alabama coach a week later. What kind of character is that? Doesn't any coach have any loyalty anymore, or worry about being a man of his word? This disgusts me, just because of how disinegenuous he was leading up to the "decision."

You what's even more disgusting about this whole thing, is that the pussy didn't have the balls to tell his coaches in person that he was leaving....these coaches are the most affected.

"RESTRAINED JUBILATION" IN SOUTH FLORIDA
In the immediate wake of Nick Saban's departure from the Miami Dolphins, the prevailing mood in the building is, to quote the doctor who informed George Costanza of his fiancé's demise, "restrained jubilation".

Make no mistake about it -- Saban was hated by nearly everyone in the building, with the most notable exception being his in-house spy and ball washer (especially when not golfing) Scott O'Brien.
And Saban surely knew it. Why else would he choose not to face his coaching staff and tell them in person that he was leaving? Instead, Saban let them know of the decision by phone, prompting some of the assistant coaches and veteran players to label him as a "f--king pussy".

Me-ow.

We're also hearing that Saban's wife had a big role in the final decision to leave Miami, which according to owner Wayne Huizenga was the result of various factors unrelated to money. "I've been through this with Nick for quite some time now," said Huizenga, who apparently was complicit with Saban in the string of flat denials regarding Saban's possible departure. "I feel the pain and so forth and so on of both Nick and Terry."

With Saban gone, there are plenty of folks in the franchise who are feeling anything but pain.

Back