Ryder Cup...

JumpOnBoard

CTG Partner
Going to play matchups throughout the week, but have a to win bet already..

Europe -125 (2 units)

Three way bet, so overall tie equals a loss...sorry to say this is a bad mismatch.

American soil, Kenny Perry Open, and the Kentucky Bomber J.B Holmes! are keeping it low..

The depth is no comparison here...I mean Phil as an anchor isn't pretty at all. Half of the Europeans are playing their best golf of their life.

It is a short price.

Think it will be more competitive this year though than 04 and 06.

Only thing that concerns me is Faldo went with the sissy Puolter over Clarke who was rounding into form. Kinda pissed off the rest of the team and its a team built on comraderie.

Who are the leaders on USA though...Darren is a leader, but I mean Mick, Fuyrk, Cink?, Perry?, Leonard..

Europe is still loaded with em: Garcia, Paddy, Westwood, etc...

I don't see a tight knit group in Red, white and blue at all ..

No, I totally agree.

Nice article in ESPN magazine this week on the differences of these teams and golf around the world compared to in America.

As one guy said, Euros would pay to play in this. Americans still want to be compensated.

unfortunattly I think its the right play jump. this is my second favorite sports event to watch behind march madness so ill be paying attention all weekend. I can see the americans keeping it somewhat close with some of the young talent but with all the talent from top to bottom with the euros and us having lefty as our so called leader that's what will hold us back imo

ya i have to agree with the play that price does look good. my gut says either euros crush us again, or we squeak out a dramatic win with all the rooks on our team. definately looking forward to friday tho.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Nick Faldo might want to keep his ideas close to his vest.

The European captain was in a cart in front of the 11th green Wednesday at the Ryder Cup when he called Henrik Stenson over for a chat and pulled out a small notepad. Little did Faldo know, a British photographer was perched on a hill by the 12th tee. With a zoom lens, he was able to capture the notes on the paper, which appeared to be pairings.

They were only initials, but it wasn’t hard to figure them out.

“SG” was next to “LW”—Sergio Garcia and Lee Westwood, who have gone 4-1-1 in two previous Ryder Cups; “JR” and “IP” would be Justin Rose and Ian Poulter, who are the best of friends with similar games. “RK” and “PH” would indicate Faldo was considering matching Robert Karlsson and three-time major champion Padraig Harrington.

Stenson’s initials were next to the initials of Graeme McDowell and Paul Casey.

That’s assuming those were pairings he had in mind for the start of the Ryder Cup on Friday.

“We pretty much have a very clear idea of what we’re going to do,” Faldo said at his press conference.

But he squirmed in his seat a few minutes later when someone pointed out that a photographer caught on camera a piece of paper with what appeared to be pairings.

“It just had the lunch list,” Faldo said. “It had sandwich requests for the guys, just making sure who wants tuna, who wants the beef, who wants the ham. That’s all it was.”

The microphone went dead when the reporter tried to follow up, letting him off the hook. But only for a short time. Another reporter pointed out that only 11 initials were on the paper (Miguel Angel Jimenez was left out).

“Put my name down, then,” Faldo said.

He later said he did not mention the order those teams might play, “so some are safe.” And Faldo pointed out that he could always change his mind. Whether he was referring to ham-on-rye or Poulter and Rose remains to be seen.

<TABLE class=pgaTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=pgaTblTitleRow><TD class=title>Friday's Foursomes Matches </TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=pgaTblHeaderRow><TH class=tblDataField style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Match No.</TH><TH class=tblDataField style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Time</TH><TH class=tblDataField style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">Team USA vs. Team Europe</TH></TR><TR class=pgaTblDataRow1><TD class=tblDataField style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD class=tblDataField style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">8:05 a.m. ET</TD><TD class=tblDataField style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">Phil Mickelson/Anthony Kim vs. Padraig Harrington/Robert Karlsson</TD></TR><TR class=pgaTblDataRow2><TD class=tblDataField style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD class=tblDataField style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">8:20 a.m. ET</TD><TD class=tblDataField style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">Justin Leonard/Hunter Mahan vs. Henrik Stenson/Paul Casey</TD></TR><TR class=pgaTblDataRow1><TD class=tblDataField style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">3</TD><TD class=tblDataField style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">8:35 a.m. ET</TD><TD class=tblDataField style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">Stewart Cink Cink/Chad Campbell vs. Justin Rose/Ian Poulter</TD></TR><TR class=pgaTblDataRow2><TD class=tblDataField style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">4</TD><TD class=tblDataField style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">8:50 a.m. ET</TD><TD class=tblDataField style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">Kenny Perry/Jim Furyk vs. Lee Westwood/Sergio Garcia</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

added afternoon fourball matchup:

Poulter/Rose over Stricker/Curtis -120 (1 unit)

Moderatley concerned about that collapse from them on the back nine, but this is a much better team.

I like that play Jump..

I do like how ben grinds and Strickers putting is great obviously but this matchup is heavily favored towards Europe.

Curtis played terrible. Congrats on the nice win. I dont expect him to be playing any more until Singles though

Curtis normally is only a factor when the pins are tough or the course is playing closer to par...the Sunday pins will prolly actually help him

Agreed we won't see him tomorrow.

Wow at Faldo benching Garcia and Westwood...Westwood is esp puzzling as he played fairly well today...obviously the biggest advantage the euro's had were these two w/ paddy...so an uphill battle become a bigtime one now...lot of golf left though....

1-0 on matchups so far...

won't be around for the fourball which sucks because its the easier of the formats to bet IMO..

Two plays in foursomes:

Harrington/Karllson over Furyk/Perry -125 (1 unit)

The Mechanic/McDowell over Mahan/Leonard +120 (1 unit)

1-1-1 on matchups...

Sunday Singles:

McDowell over Cink -125 (1 unit)

Poulter over Stricker -125 (1 unit)

Westwood over Curtis -170 (3 units)

If Westwood loses the match, the Ryder cup is a loser for me no matter what happens...but I don't think he does....Curtis wasn't even posting scores on Friday.

Back