Russell Wilson Interesting.....

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
This can be viewed a few ways......Interesting either way:

No mention of him being a "black" QB and the "second to win a SB.....

He is multi -racial, but mostly black from what I read with some white and Indian(feather, not dot)

This can mean:

We have moved past all that shit....I say good.

The black community doesn't embrace him as black, or black enough

Interesting either way....I never even thought of it

Not a debate, just interesting

I hadn't thought about it till you posted this but it is very interesting. I think your onto something...

There are enough black QBs in contention for titles now that the story has diminished a bit. I would think it might only be a semi-story now if two black QBs were to face off in the SB.

I hadn't thought about it till you posted this but it is very interesting. I think your onto something...
I think it is great that you or I didnt notice personally

But I also think it has more to do with the appearance etc of RW etc

There are enough black QBs in contention for titles now that the story has diminished a bit. I would think it might only be a semi-story now if two black QBs were to face off in the SB.
I mean a while ago they were talking about black coaches (HC) in the SB...seems so ridiculous to me, but I remeber colts and bears it was talked about a bunch

ho hum i kinda thought

He's a human being. A good, actually great guy at that. I can care less what nationality he is.

I agree that it means nothing but in terms of "is he black" well if obama is our first black president then RW is the 2nd black qb to win a SB

He is multi -racial, but mostly black from what I read with some white and Indian(feather, not dot)

We have moved past all that shit....I say good.

We have moved past the issue with African Americans, but not with "feather vs dot" I guess, huh? lol

I'm just playing Twinkie, agree with your overall sentiment on this Wilson issue.

Not all white people. Educated white people along with educated black people love educated, well spoken athletes.

The media only cares about what will drive up racism. RW isn't sexy enough story for them. They tried to exploit RS until everyone realized he is highly intelligent and then they backed off that train as well. If I could stab every media-outlet head I'd be a happy man.

Seems Skoalmint tossed his dart toward the board and it found the Bullseye.

Outside disliking Wilson because he plays for the other team, he gives no one any reason to not like him. Works hard, plays smart, makes plays and seems to have the Tim Duncan love of winning more than love of self. If he thanked GOD more and gave back a ton to society he would be Tim Tebow.

Not all white people. Educated white people along with educated black people love educated, well spoken athletes.

The media only cares about what will drive up racism. RW isn't sexy enough story for them. They tried to exploit RS until everyone realized he is highly intelligent and then they backed off that train as well. If I could stab every media-outlet head I'd be a happy man.

Rod Smart - aka He Hate Me

Exactly.

He is the Carlton....lol...
i5Ihp2vEJ6pn1.gif

Bang on here...Kap was a story last year not because he was part black but because he was tatted up and had a "hood" look. Now we have Russell who speaks and acts like a white man..."Nothing to see here..move along"....

Back