• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

RSW win bets, Week 0/1 action, and conference champ bets with Marsski

Marsski

MAC Marvel
Let's roll a thread out on this year, I bet enough shit. I'm going to Vegas for week 2 so I'll just keep my action posted up here until I leave. Everyone is always welcome in my thread...let me know what you think.

I'll start with the RSW and conference champ bets I've hit so far....I'll probably have some MAC talk in here as well...

I can't see the Buckyes losing to Notre Dame so really only 2 games IMO they could lose this year before playoffs. In 9 of the last 11 years back to the wandering in the wilderness Fickell year, Ohio State has lost 0 or 1 in the regular season and they won't play a more talented team this year with all due respect to TTUN. I think their WRs are going to be very open even if the QB room (probably McCord in opener) is a little below the usual standard. Treyvon better not pout his way onto the bench because Meatball is the best running back on the team in my humble opinion.

Year 2 of Knowles should mean an improvement and I think 44 will be impossible to block. Secondary and OL are the biggest question marks, but time for the line to jell vs the patsys and I think Sonny Styles at safety and the Ol Miss transfer at corner will tidy up the back end.

I believe Ohio State will head to Ann Arbor undefeated.

Ohio State Over 10.5 WINS -115 3.45 units to win 3

RSW bets:

Ohio State Buckeyes Over 10.5 WINS -115 3.45 units to win 3
Kansas Jayhawks Over 5.5 WINS -135 4.05 units to win 3
UConn Huskies Over 5 WINS -105 3.15 units to win 3
Northern Illinois Huskies Over 5.5 WINS -125 3.75 units to win 3

Conference Champ bets:

Northern Illinois to win MAC +1500 .8 units
Central Michigan to win MAC +2500 1 unit
Southern Miss to win SUN +3000 .4 units
Week 0

U Mass/NM State Under 44.5 to win half unit; another half unit @ under 45
ND/Navy under 50.5 to win half unit
Ohio/SDSU Over 49 to win 1 unit
Prop bet: Ohio Bobcats #12 Sam Wiglusz over 65.5 receiving yards to win 1 unit (-114) vs SDSU
Ohio Bobcats TT over 23.5 to win 2 units (-115)
Week 1 (YTD 2-3, -3.0 units)
Central Michigan +14.5 to win 1 unit
NIU +8.5 to win 1 unit
Ohio State Over 44.5 TT to win half unit (-120)
TCU Over 41.5 TT to win 1 unit (-120)
Washington -14 to win 1 unit

N Iowa ML +240 one unit bet
Fla/Utah Under 21.5 1H to win 1 unit (-108)
UTSA pk to win 1 unit
Prop: Ross over rec yards 27.5 to win 1 unit (-114)
Florida +7.5 to win 1 unit

UConn +15 to win 1.5 units
Texas State/Baylor Over 58 to win 1 unit

8-9 YTD

Last edited:
Everybody and their mom back on offense and one of the best coaches in college football and they WON'T make a bowl game? I'm your Huckleberry at this price. I will be all over Kansas at home against fugazi Oklahoma.

RSW: Kansas Jayhawks Over 5.5 WINS -135 4.05 units to win 3

Love Jim Mora and the job he did last year with this team. I think they will be pretty dominant in the trenches against their weak schedule.
Some easy wins on this schedule UMass, Sacred Heart, Utah State, @Rice seems like the absolute floor. Then you need a pair from NC State, @ Ga State, FIU, Duke, USF, @ BC, @ Tenn, @ James Madison. I think they make a bowl game and could sneak up on some teams especially as they are Indie Rock. I already took the 15 vs NC State in week 0.

RSW: UConn Over 5 WINS -105 3.15 units to win 3

Last edited:
Texas State is the new WKy with all these IW guys. Played the over even with the clock changes.

Week 1: Texas St/Baylor Over 58 to win 1 unit

Last edited:
Love Jim Mora and the job he did last year with this team. I think they will be pretty dominant in the trenches against their weak schedule.
Some easy wins on this schedule UMass, Sacred Heart, Utah State, @Rice seems like the absolute floor. Then you need a pair from NC State, @ Ga State, FIU, Duke, USF, @ BC, @ Tenn, @ James Madison. I think they make a bowl game and could sneak up on some teams especially as they are Indie Rock. I already took the 15 vs NC State in week 0.

RSW: UConn Over 5 WINS -105 3.15 units to win 3
I was so impressed with Mora last year.

If the MAC and the Sunbelt were properties in NCAA Monopoly, they would be the shitty fleabag Purple ones right after GO.

So toss the favs and find some wild ones lurking in the weeds. The MAC West is really wide open especially if you think Toledo is vulnerable. I like my Bobcats to win the East but I can't bet it at a short price (+120) considering that Rourke is coming off an injury. Miami or Akron would be my pick for 2nd in the East.

Northern Illinois to win MAC +1500 .8 units
Central Michigan to win MAC +2500 1 unit
Southern Miss to win SUN +3000 .4 units

The onslaught of injuries that NIU went through last year submarined their season but also built depth for this year. Rocky Lombardi can handle the MAC just fine if he can stay on the field. I like this coach too. I'm seeing wins over SIU, @ Akron, @Kent, Ball St, and Western....just need one more and will have plenty of chances to ring the bell. RB Brown ran all over my Bobcats LY but was banged up alot...Jordan Lynch's brother played wildcat LY and will have some plays I'm sure..Close to betting NIU +9.5 @ BC.

RSW: NIU Over 5.5 WINS -125 3.75 units to win 3

Last edited:
Everybody and their mom back on offense and one of the best coaches in college football and they WON'T make a bowl game? I'm your Huckleberry at this price. I will be all over Kansas at home against fugazi Oklahoma.

RSW: Kansas Jayhawks Over 5.5 WINS -135 4.05 units to win 3
I think 6 is the number. Love the OU optimism.

I'm pretty high on UTSA this year and I think they win @ Houston to kick things off.

Week 1: UTSA pk to win 1 unit

Movement today on the Bobcats spread was the Thamel news that Rourke will be starting. I'll probably add some Bobcats TT over @ 24 or better

You like NMST -7 at all? UMASS gonna get shut down?
You must like watching bad football to be betting this shit. I have a small position on the under. These teams combined for 36 points last year. I think UMass defense will be better than last year with 8 starters back and Don Brown will have them blitzing coming off the bus. I think we see an ugly one that stays under the number. I wouldn't lay 7 with NMSU to anyone.

Not really, Albin was trying to keep it quiet. Timeframe is a little quick to come back from a knee injury that's why there was some questioning....look at Rising in Utah...
They put a video of their scrimmage online a couple weeks ago. #7 was playing, so I figured the suspense was over.

Starting to get the feeling that Brown will start over McCord for the Buckeyes...better dual threat option....it just feels like if it was gonna be McCord it would have happened by now. Day needs to string them along to get both of them to stay? Maybe I'm overanalyzing but feels like Brown to me..

Any thoughts on Akron or BG both +10 on the road?
Not interested in BUGS this year. That transfer from Mizzou likes to throw picks; only 4 of top 10 tacklers back, unproven WR group, new frosh kicker...not much to like in my opinion...I think they fight for the MAC East basement with Buffalo, I even considered an Under wins but ultimately stayed off...Not any interest in them vs. Liberty especially with the line value already sucked out. Lean to Liberty.

Akron I do like a little bit. I'd like to get a report on RB Lorenzo Lingard and how much he's involved as he could be a real beast in the MAC...I like their coach (former OC at Penn State), they return a bunch on OL, I think they are an up and comer in the MAC this year. DJ Irons has a big arm but maybe not the most accurate...They are getting big time P5 guys to transfer in....I haven't bet it but it would be Akron or nothing for me. If you wanted to take a flyer on a team to win the MAC East, I would take them.

Not interested in BUGS this year. That transfer from Mizzou likes to throw picks; only 4 of top 10 tacklers back, unproven WR group, new frosh kicker...not much to like in my opinion...I think they fight for the MAC East basement with Buffalo, I even considered an Under wins but ultimately stayed off...Not any interest in them vs. Liberty especially with the line value already sucked out. Lean to Liberty.

Akron I do like a little bit. I'd like to get a report on RB Lorenzo Lingard and how much he's involved as he could be a real beast in the MAC...I like their coach (former OC at Penn State), they return a bunch on OL, I think they are an up and comer in the MAC this year. DJ Irons has a big arm but maybe not the most accurate...They are getting big time P5 guys to transfer in....I haven't bet it but it would be Akron or nothing for me. If you wanted to take a flyer on a team to win the MAC East, I would take them.
Awesome, thanks. Think N Illinois can beat BC?

Oh, I should note that BELOW the basement in the MAC East....down in the sewer is Kent State. They are bottom 5 in college football.

Reactions: KJ
Thought about taking your Terps over the 7 win total Doc...just don't quite trust them enough on D but I think they will be good.
To me the concern for the Terps is depth and quality on the LOS especially in the rugged East Division. I'm confident they can score and hang around a lot of those games but at the end of the game when you need to run and stop the run is a ? mark for me. 6.5 would be better lol but I think they certainly ought to be 5-2 at worst in first 7 games. I just keeping hoping the Terps can get quality and depth on the LOS, just so important in CFB.

Rourke gonna be ok? Just read the coaches may have held him out just being scared. If he plays, Ohio puts up 30+ and easily beats SDSt

Rourke gonna be ok? Just read the coaches may have held him out just being scared. If he plays, Ohio puts up 30+ and easily beats SDSt
Coach isn't being very forthcoming about what happened....but apparently its not very serious and he could play vs LIU. We'll never know but they sure were moving the ball well with him...

Last edited:
Back