RSMS NCAAF Week 2

RSMS9999

The Prodigy
2008 Record 4-1-0 (+4.85 Units)
ATS 2-0-0 (+4.00 Units)
ATS 2H 1-0-0 (+1.00 Units)
Totals 1-1-0 (-0.15 Units)

Official Plays

South Carolina Gamecocks -8.5 -110 (1 Unit)

South Carolina Gamecocks/Vanderbilt Commodores Under 41 -110 (1 Unit)

Vanderbilt Commodores Under 15.5 Points -115 (.5 Units)

California Golden Bears -11 -110 (4 Units)

Last edited:
Futures Report

North Carolina Tar Heels Over 6.5 Wins +105 (1 Unit)
1-0
Last Week: W 35-27 over McNeese State
This Week: off
Shaky shaky start for the Tar Heels I am a bit concerned here. Good news is they have a while before the big Rutgers game to turn this around and I think they will be fine. A win is a win and Butch Davis will coach them up and they will get better with time. On a positive note the ACC is so weak, the schedule will be cupcakes the whole way.

South Carolina Gamecocks Over 7.5 Wins –125 (1 Unit)
1-0
Last Week: W 30-0 over North Carolina State
This Week: @Vanderbilt
Basically what I expected in week one and I am pretty satisfied. Yes the offense is still struggling a bit but I still have faith in Spurrior. As their confidence builds, this teams offense will begin to roll. The defense is spectacular though, it will keep them in every game.

West Virginia Mountaineers Under 9.5 Wins +120 (1 Unit)
1-0
Last Week: W 48-21 over Villanova
This Week: @East Carolina
Blah effort from West Virginia, played pretty much as I expected so this one seems like it is going fine. 21 points is alot to allow to a non D1 team. I would have rather had ECU lose to VaTEch because they would be more under the radar and I am not sure they are ready to get another huge win again, but WVU beter watch out this week. I sure would love a loss.

Notes (Pre-Lines Release)

Pretty weak card I have to say, not a lot of juicy matchups at all. Week 3 should be great though. I most likely wont have many plays.

California Golden Bears @ Washington State Cougars
I loved what I saw out of California last night, especially now that the QB silliness is over with. This is a top 15 team and that is somewhat completely off of the national radar. I am looking for them to just blow away Washington State here even though this is a road game. Wazzu's talent level is just several notches below Cal right here. They do not have Pac-10 talent, it is pretty simple. I have seen a lot of line projections around 10-15. It will be a big play from me anything under two touchdowns and Cal will be my biggest focus this week.

South Carolina @ Vanderbilt
I am a firm believer that Vanderbilt will be significantly worse than last year and totally expect a lot of struggles this year. I was impressed and surprised by the effort against Miami but I am not ready to be sold on it. It should be a great envrionement for this one, everyone is really excited but I think USC will have no problems on the road here. Their defense will completely shut down the Commodores and they should have enough firepower to cover a decent spread. Single digits SC or under are my leans here

Oregon State @ Penn State
Here is a nice little matchup of an overrated team (OSU) against an underrated team (PSU) which is usually a good formula for a ATS win. Under two touchdowns probably a play.

thats all for now

California Golden Bears -11 -110 (4 Units)

South Carolina Gamecocks -8.5 -110 (1 Unit)

all for now, considered penn state long and hard at 13 but passed for now. Feeling kind of dumb its at 14.5 now, will still monitor it.

South Carolina Gamecocks/Vanderbilt Commodores Under 41 -110 (1 Unit)

I will try to add writeups by tonight

Vandy/South Carolina Writeup

South Carolina Gamecocks @ South Carolina Gamecocks
9/4/2008 7:30PM

Analysis: South Carolina Offense vs. Vanderbilt Defense

One of the big suprises of the Spurrior regime at USC has been the continued struggle on offense for the Gamecocks. This season the expectations were pretty low for the unit and they were hadly impressive vs. NC State. That is until Smelley came in and played well putting touchdowns on the board. Overall SC units are lower tier SEC across the boardand I have no illusions about them being a dominant unit. However, I think that they clearly have potential and have the ability to put up some points. Vanderbilt's defense remains underrated, DJ Moore is tremendous and the front seven was extremely impressive last week. People do not realize that Vandy had one of the nations premier defenses last year and the replacements look able bodied. I think the Gamecocks have mild success here, they should get somewhere around 20 points, but labor to do so all night.

Analysis: Vanderbilt Offense vs. South Carolina Defense

South Carolina will bring in one of the nation's top defenses to Nashville and I fully expect them to build on last week's shutout victory. Terrific linebackers lead the defense, but it is great all around. Hurt by injuries last year, the defense currently should be dominant. As for the Vandy "O", they were the one thing I missed on in week one, as they totally exceeded my expectations. However, I am not sold yet. A lot of people are over hyping this unit (i think) after week one, I still think that Vandy will not be in the top 100 scoring offenses this season. Nickson was basiclly the entire offense last week and he certainly looks to be back after last years nagging injuries, but I don;t believe that he can singlehandly take down the SC defense. There is very limited Running game outside of Nickson and Nickson's passing still needs work. I believe that SC will shut down the entire running game of Vanderbilt, and force the Dores to throw pretty quickly. That will be a great position for SC and Vandy will struggle hard on offense all day. This offense will not be good and I think they will come crashing down to Earth here.

Overall Analysis

Some people have been throwing around the idea that SC will be in "lookahead" mode with Goergia up next. That can no way be true. THis will be a great nightime, national TV, midweek environment. In addition, we humiliated SC last year and they will be ready to play. No way SC doesn't come into this one supermotivated. Yes Vandy gained confidence last week but I just dont see them winning the intensity battle once the frustrations of offensive ineptitude start. This should be a low scoring affair that exposes Vandy as an SEC doormat this year. I expect SC to get around 20 points, dominate field position and TOP and control the game. I do not see Vandy getting many points at all. 24-6 is proabably a good projected final score. Nothing would make me happier than a Vandy win here and I am excited as hell for this game, but I am using my head here. SC rolls.

Love that Vandy TT under. I work in downtown Nashville, if I didn't have class tonight I would go check this game out.

:hang:

Back