Royals vs. Yankees Discussion Thread

Who is on the bump for the Royals in g1?

Yankees have to take that one with Cole vs Royals not 1 or 2 starters.

Royals 3 runs 18 innings vs Baltimore.

But they will have favorable pitching matchups in g2 and g3. Rodon announced g2 starter. Dude should be okay if it’s not too mild.

These 5 game series are dumb. MLB really fucked the playoffs up imo, turned a 162 game season into a coin flip series or 2. Why play 162 games? Shave a few weeks off the regular season which is far less meaningful now and at least let this round be 7 games like god intended, lol.

Who is on the bump for the Royals in g1?

Yankees have to take that one with Cole vs Royals not 1 or 2 starters.

Royals 3 runs 18 innings vs Baltimore.

But they will have favorable pitching matchups in g2 and g3. Rodon announced g2 starter. Dude should be okay if it’s not too mild.

I assume wacha but I havnt looked. He been known to come up big in the playoffs before, he was nails early in his career for cards. I could see him going toe to toe with Cole, I wanna say -210 feels steep but you right bout royals offense, you really gotta bump NY pitchers up a bit cause of how bad royals offense been.

These 5 game series are dumb. MLB really fucked the playoffs up imo, turned a 162 game season into a coin flip series or 2. Why play 162 games? Shave a few weeks off the regular season which is far less meaningful now and at least let this round be 7 games like god intended, lol.

Especially coming off of what was a few 2 game series. Should definitely be 7.

You have to remember there was a time not long ago these initial 2 rounds didn’t exist. These are still bonus rounds in their eyes. They did expand the one and done Wildcards. MLB wants the NLCS & ALCS to stand alone with the WS. We just need these series to get maxed out.
Last 2 seasons we’ve only had 1 of of 8 wildcard series get to game 3 which sucks. Seems like these teams even at the divisional round can’t overcome a game 1 loss.

I'd be down if the playoffs were entirely in September

Too many games already and pitchers' arms falling off in October doesn't make for good theatre. Something has to be done to preserve arms when the average fastball creeps up by .8 MPH every season or whatever it is. It's not sustainable.

I'd be down if the playoffs were entirely in September

Too many games already and pitchers' arms falling off in October doesn't make for good theatre. Something has to be done to preserve arms when the average fastball creeps up by .8 MPH every season or whatever it is. It's not sustainable.

Just the weather factor alone should be a good enough reason to bump playoffs up, I’ve never liked the fact they play 90% the season in heat then we get a LCS or WS where it 35-40 and raining! Why decide the champ of a summertime sport in cold ass weather? Doesn’t appear it be an issue this year since it gonna be damn near 90 in stl 2marro, apparently fall has been bumped back into November now!!

• Love
Reactions: KJ
Just the weather factor alone should be a good enough reason to bump playoffs up, I’ve never liked the fact they play 90% the season in heat then we get a LCS or WS where it 35-40 and raining! Why decide the champ of a summertime sport in cold ass weather? Doesn’t appear it be an issue this year since it gonna be damn near 90 in stl 2marro, apparently fall has been bumped back into November now!!
It's 104 here right now

Just sayin'

I have no idea how KC even made the playoffs and Baltimore should be ashamed of themselves losing to them. I'd love to see the Royals take this series but I just can't get over thinking how unimpressive their roster really is.

I have no idea how KC even made the playoffs and Baltimore should be ashamed of themselves losing to them. I'd love to see the Royals take this series but I just can't get over thinking how unimpressive their roster really is.
Manager of the year

wacha over 14.5 outs -115

i really dont understand this but they had wheeler at 17.5 and cease is at 14.5 with wacha. not sure what makes them think wacha cant go 5 innings? the dude has went 5+ in all but 3 starts all year!! you wanna give me this number at -115? sure ill bite, why the hell would they yank him early here unless he just god awful? even a 5 game series you dont want to start by taxing the pen and i dont thin wacha is gonna be bad, he has owned pretty much everyome in yanks lineup! 90ish at bats only 11 hits, only 4 extra base hits, 30k.s to 8 walks!! judge and torres a combined 2 for 34 vs him!! stanton the only guy to take him deop and just once in 17 at bats. just dont see why the hell he wont go at least 5???

oh yea, wacha has also been really good on extra rest throughout most his career so not worried bout the extra time off.

Well that was great, apparently kc manager a dumb fuck who doesn’t know shit bout baseball. Way to pull your guy who you had a lead behind so the pen could give it up. What a joke,, I guess been lucky last few years we had smarter managers who stuck w starters. Yanking your gm one starter after 4 innings a great way to hand them a series.

Well that was great, apparently kc manager a dumb fuck who doesn’t know shit bout baseball. Way to pull your guy who you had a lead behind so the pen could give it up. What a joke,, I guess been lucky last few years we had smarter managers who stuck w starters. Yanking your gm one starter after 4 innings a great way to hand them a series.
He was only 70 pitches in. Made no sense and managers continue to make moves like this.

What am I missing here? Lugo 2 starts vs nyy and has pitched 14 inngs and has 14 k. Now they post 4.5 @ +115.

I will bite... over 4.5 k

Back