Royals Under 71.5 RSW

sirwinzalot

The wisdom of Towlie
not going to go into a big write up here, but bet royals under 71.5 -125 $500 to win $400. Not a huge bet, but I expect Royals to be upper 60s on wins. Another way to play this might be to bet bet White Sox over as I believe they are the 3rd place team in AL Central and are being lined as 4th or 5th in division.

Possible royals go over this, but I think odds favor under as if some players over- perform expectations team will look to trade them if they can get a good prospect package back. Team’s window is at most aggressive 3 years out and more realistic 5 years out. Lineup is going to be world hunger. Bullpen full of question marks, and I’m a believer in back-end of the pen sets up the stability and herrera and Maurer don’t invoke that. Rotation seems reasonable in terms of depth and options, but certainly very little as far as top-end except Duffy and his durability and consistency is shaky at best.

Alright!

I had a feeling you might be on this. Glad moreso to see your thoughts on the White Sox as I like them over their RSW pretty big but am waiting to find a number that doesn't have ridiculous juice.

Yeah. Probably should bet that White Sox over, as it probably is better value than royals under. Going to be hard for them to go under that, it’s a bad number.

Yeah, having them and Detroit basically at the same number is an absolute joke.

Yes to me it’s tigers and royals battling for the basement. Just not sure who that will be. Tigers have a few more high end veterans, but some are getting long in the tooth. Whereas royals are in rebuild mode too, but with more spry lesser players. White Sox I like how they finished, and I like how hard they played. And they have a couple of players more in their prime with abreu and Avasail Garcia with some talented youth mixed in (albeit most still a bit away). But directionally as an organization they are ahead philosophically of both tigers and royals.

You may very well be right with your assessment that the White Sox are slightly better than KC & Detroit but they are still pretty bad and the fact that all are in the same division makes U71.5 a tough bet imo. I believe this opened at 76 in places too so for me to be interested now I'd want +125, not -.

Alright!

I had a feeling you might be on this. Glad moreso to see your thoughts on the White Sox as I like them over their RSW pretty big but am waiting to find a number that doesn't have ridiculous juice.

Someone mentioned Dave Duncan was working as some type of advisor for sox? His knowledge would be great for their young arms, I would fully expect their ground ball rates to increase dramatically!

good job last year, i doubted you. I had no idea they were going to keep Hosmer for no reason like they did.

Hope you win bud. GL

Don’t think you should let the drop from the opener dissuade you, but agree on the ChiSox feelings. I just thought CHW was a little bit further away with prospects than being a team to back in 2018

Kc lineup as world hunger is hilarious too :shake:

Back