Royals/Twins, Athletics/Rangers, Dodgers/Brewers Parlay Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
MLB Parlay for Today at (+644) Features Lesser-Known Pitchers

Kansas City Royals vs. Minnesota Twins
Monday, August 15, 2022 at 7:40 p.m. ET at Target Field in Minnesota

Who Starts for Kansas City?

Kris Bubic starts for Kansas City tonight.

Pertinently to my favorite play for this game, he is a strong "under" pitcher on the road.

The "under" is hitting in 71.4 percent of his away starts.

Bubic's Form

Most recently, Bubic has been performing well.

His strong form is evident in the fact that he's allowed a combined total of three earned runs in his past two starts, which totaled 11.2 innings against the Red Sox and White Sox.

Minnesota is a good team for Bubic to prolong his strong form against because he matches up well with the Twins.

They rank 20thin slugging against his pitches, the fastball, changeup, and curveball, from lefties.

Who Starts for Minnesota?

Joe Ryan starts for the Twins today.

Ryan may look unreliable today because he got blown up in his last start.

Most recently, the Dodgers crushed him for five runs in five innings.

However, recall that, four starts ago, he suffered an even worse fate in San Diego before locking down Detroit in his ensuing start.

Ryan vs. Royal Batters

Typically, Ryan suffers when facing winning teams while thriving against bottom-feeders like Detroit.

Kansas City belongs in the latter category.

Accordingly, Ryan has allowed one run in 11.2 innings against the Royals so far.

Moreover, Ryan is in a good spot today because he is great about bouncing back at home after a loss.

When facing Detroit and Cleveland, on two occasions, right after a loss, he produced a positive outing.

Oakland Athletics vs. Texas Rangers
Monday, August 15, 2022 at 8:05 p.m. ET at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas

Who Starts for Oakland?

James Kaprielian starts for Oakland tonight.

So far this season, Kaprielian has been a fairly strong "over" pitcher.

This is an odd fact because Kaprielian is an effective pitcher and the A's generally don't score a lot of runs.

They've tended to gift him strong run support, though, which is generally doubtful to continue because they are, objectively speaking, baseball's second-worst team at scoring runs.

Kaprielian vs. Ranger Batters

Before facing an opponent a second consecutive time, which is hard for a lot of good pitchers to do, Kaprielian had allowed one earned run or fewer in three straight outings.

He should revive that streak of superb outings because he matches up well against the Rangers.

They rank 28thin slugging against his favorite pitches from righties.

Who Starts for Texas?

Texas starts Glenn Otto tonight.

In general, Texas has been more of an "over" team, but it is more of an "under" team when Otto is on the mound.

Otto vs. Athletic Batters

In his last start against Oakland, Otto allowed four runs in 4.1 innings.

This outcome was undeserved because he actually performed well in that outing, which is 2.43 FIP (like ERA but factors out fielding) in that start indicates.

He yielded a .353 BABIP, which was unfortunately high in that he did an excellent job of inducing soft contact.

Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Milwaukee Brewers
Monday, August 15, 2022 at 8:10 p.m. ET at American Family Field in Milwaukee

Who Starts for Los Angeles?

The Dodgers start Julio Urias tonight.

They have won the last 10 games in which he started.

Pertinently to my favorite play for tonight's contest, they won nine of those games by multiple runs.

Urias vs. Brewer Batters

Urias' effectivity contributes to L.A.'s tendency to win when he pitches.

Most recently, he allowed a combined total of four earned runs in his last five starts.

L.A.'s superior lineup can always bail him out if he struggles.

But he is particularly reliable tonight for two key reasons.

One, he matches up well against Brewer batters.

They rank 23rd in slugging against his favorite pitches from lefties.

Two, he loves pitching in Milwaukee.

In three career starts here, he is 3-0 with a 1.42 ERA.

Who Starts for Milwaukee?

Freddy Peralta starts for the Brewers tonight.

At the moment, Peralta is utterly unreliable because his velocity and spin rate have been wildly unsteady in the two starts since his return from injury.

But even if he were totally fit, the Dodgers rank a solid fourth in slugging against his favorite pitches from righties.
https://www.betonline.ag/
https://www.betonline.ag/
Best Bet: Parlay Royals/Twins under 8.5 at -105, Athletics/Rangers under 8 at -105, Dodgers RL at -105 at +644 odds with BetOnline

Not to be dick but I swear you kinda deserve for lad to win by 1! Greedy ass! Lol. I know they win practically every game by more than 1 but considering it a 3 team parlay and the juice is pretty reasonable don’t you think it make more sense just to go ml?

Other than that I like all 3. Gl

Not to be dick but I swear you kinda deserve for lad to win by 1! Greedy ass! Lol. I know they win practically every game by more than 1 but considering it a 3 team parlay and the juice is pretty reasonable don’t you think it make more sense just to go ml?

Other than that I like all 3. Gl
Yes but like I said before I play everything straight

Back