Royals play 08/01

sirwinzalot

The wisdom of Towlie
I've enjoyed a good deal of success making limited plays over the last three years. Some on the site remember me posting in the past. Decided to start posting again. I won't keep records. It seems counter-intuitive, but I am at my best when I don't obsess on record keeping (just monitor my balances), handicap in isolation, trust my intuition, and make a fewer number of plays. That has led to a point where I feel I'm at my best right now.

I basically bet on the Royals game everyday in some sort of fashion (on them, against them, over, under, player props, first 5 innings basically whatever I determine is best way to bet it). I watch every pitch of every one of their games, and given that fact and my feeling that I'm a lot better baseball handicapper than average and my in-depth knowledge on the Royaks I have a big advantage on the market betting the Royals games. I don't try to handicap every MLB game, but from time to time I may bet another MLB game on days where there isn't a Royals game. I don't have the time anymore to try and handicap everything, nor do I want to, and diminishes my advantage, so I simply stick to things where I feel I have an advantage.

My strong suits I feel at this stage are my Royals bets and NFL, I sprinkle in some college hoops, and some other things, but the way I bet NFL also allows me to not be too consumed and just focus on what I do best, it's helped me enjoy great success over the last three years. I recently decided to start posting all of my plays here as well.

I wont post by the units or keep records, do what you will with the plays. Sometimes I may have a write up, other times it might simply be the play I make without any write up.

Royals +106 $100

Last edited:
Thanks Canes. Royals are awful right now, but Danny Duffy is a big bright spot and has been very, very good for quite awhile now and finally turned the corner. Royals have had some good success off Chris Archer.

Concerns with this bet are Royaks lifeless play, just horrendous body language and terrible offensive production, and now the bullpen is average at best (this is not your father's Royals pen with no Wade Davis, no Luke Hochevar, and a ridiculous off-season boat anchor contract handed out to Joakim Soria - he's been horrendous all year outside of a few weeks before all star break. Joakim Soria is a modern day bank robber who conned Dayton Moore and Royals out of a boatload of money. Just an awful offseason of signings by Moore.

Royals are 2-19 last 21 in games NOT started by Duffy....wow! He has been great and I agree on the play.

Back