Round 2 Playoff Pucks

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
No excuses for the first round, made bad plays, learned from it and onto round 2 I go

Rd 1 13-21-3 - 6.55 units
Series 1-3

Round 2

Series

San Jose +147
Vancouver +228
Ottawa -135

Wedneday April 24

NY Rangers / Buffalo over 5.5

Rangers can roll out lines with the Sabres, they have better finishers than the Isles. With the way the Sabres have been overskating on backchecks / staying in the neutral zone I think Rangers can get to Miller, and of course the Sabres can score on Lundqvist. Going to sit out a side / series until I see the play. HSBC Arena will be rocking for another all NY matchup, Sabres failed to put the Isles away on any occasion in the first round, Rangers can keep up in this one.

Vancouver +185

With Luongo in net, as you can see with my series play on them, I think they or moreso Luongo can steal one in Anaheim. In all honesty I was more disappointed with Minny than impressed with Anaheim in the first round. The way the Ducks play and the way the Canucks can skate I think Ducks physical play will be a limitation to the Ducks, by taking penalties etc. I'll play it out for a home split too.

Thursday April 25

San Jose +150

San Jose proved they to me they can go out on the road in the playoffs and win. Albeit to a struggling Preds team, but they did show me something. Detroit had IMO an easy go of it at home with Calgary who never showed up and any punch on the road. SJ won in Joe Louis this year and won quite handily last time out. I'll play it. and like the Canucks will do it again

GL everyone:cheers:

Last edited:
I like the plays SC, I really like SJ to come out of the west this year. The Pacific Division has really been showing its strength in the first round. I think that 3 months ago I would take the Ducks, but now the Nucks are playing better hockey.

PCB - they did look tough, hard to say since Preds lacked so much bite, but alot of that has to do with how SJ plays. Detroit is in for a tough task. Thanks man. GL

Mogo - no doubt, lots of hockey left, but it happens. Already forgotten about the round, thanks. GL

GL Mr Santanator....

Sharks are a lock..
icon12.gif

You win all the monies...

:pillow:

GL SC!
Gonna lay off (maybe) the first day's games as I am preparing a meeting with God (RONNIE JAMES DIO-led SABBATH concert tomorrow night!!)...will be pulling for BUFF and VAN.

with you on 2 of the 3 plays, santa.

i understand the value w/ the canucks...and the ducks historically don't handle long layoffs very well...but besides Luongo, the ducks (imo) outclass the canucks in each and every way. but then again, that's why they play the series.

GL

Noose - enjoy the show man. GL

Yanks - think when you have a goalie who can steal a game any night getting that price in the playoffs I have to play it. Glad you like the others man.

WEnt ahead and as much as it pains me,

Adding

Series Play

Ottawa Senators -135

Yeah, I couldn't do that Sens series bet. I tried and tried, I just couldn't pull the trigger. Part of me hopes to lose my Game One bet so I can get plus money on that series price, then perhaps get an even better number on the Sens in Game Two.

The only other play I can't get with is Vancouver. Maybe they prove me wrong, but I'm with Yanks and those who say that round one war took too much out of them.

Joe - I posted pretty much the same thing in another thread, but Coles notes... I watched a few of the Devils games again over the weekend because I didnt watch that many actual minutes of the games. NJ made a tonne of neutral zone turnovers that if TB had more than 1 line to roll out they would have won the series IMO. Sens can play 3 equal time and have a good goalie in Emery. If Sens can keep Gionta and company from roaming in the slot like they didnt do to the Pens I think they win the series. From what I've heard, the slot defense has been a focus in the rest period. Thnk Vancouver presents alot ofvalue with Luongo in net and they are a decently fast team, I think the opposite though, the lack of challenge for the Ducks in teh first will present problems when it comes to the Canucks. GL

I agree on the Sens, they were by far the better team five on five and four on four vs. the Pens. And when the Pens' PP went away, that series was toasted.

The Sens just need to stay disciplined and out of the box and I think they win this series.

Oh, and, I was wrong, I'll be playing the Canucks tonight--I said I'd play that system through the first two rounds. They fit that, so, go Canucks.

Good luck, Santa.

Joe - good to hear, lets get em.

Wanted to play this in this series and never got a chance to look today

Vancouver / Anaheim

No Goals first 11:59 even 1/2 unit

Yanks, no doubt... the Canucks looked awful and very fortunate to have that over. Rangers had 3 at the line and the depth just kind of wore them down over the course of 3 periods, you could see it after about 17 minutes of play with things opening up.

So I lied...

I'm so disappointed in you right now, Santa, I don't know what to say.

Other than good luck.

Also, good luck this weekend, I won't be around until Monday-ish.

nice night...except for that late under addition.

that OTT price sure went up w/out Elias. glad they held on for us.

GL tomorrow, Santa...tho i know we'll prolly be opposite.

Yanks - lol, yeah was a bad play, hindsight and all, lol. Sure glad to have a 1-0 series lead in 2 of my plays. I know when to get out, and Im getting off Van until they show me otherwise, not to worry, lol. GL man

Totals 1-2 -0.5
Sides 1-1 +0.5

Friday April 27, 2007

Buffalo -180

Vancouver / Anaheim under 5

NY Rangers/ Buffalo under 5.5 +114 1/2 unit

Last edited:
Noose, Satyr thanks fellas. Glad the Sabres won. GL with todays games

Totals 2-2 +0.57
Sides 3-1 +2.0

Saturday April 28, 2007

San Jose / Detroit under 5

Ottawa / New Jersey under 5.5

San Jose +145 1/2 unit

GL Everyone:cheers:

Line me up on the Sens, too.

*Jersey cant possibly go down 2-0 at home* has the same ring to it as *The Yankees couldnt possibly lose 7 in a row* has, lol

Ret - nice job with the GS, GL Sunday bro

Morphius - you too. GL

JG - that was my thoughts too. Just didnt get it done in OT

BC - exactly, its a shame but gimme those lines again and Id be on the same side. GL

Totals 3-2-1 +3.57
Sides 3-3 +1.0

Sunday April 29, 2007

Buffalo / NY Rangers under 5.5

Anaheim / Vancouver under 4.5 +105

Buffalo +113 1/2 unit

Vancouver +127 1/2 unit

Last edited:
Fixed the record. Still not sure if Im playing anything tonight with the lines they have out. Sitting with the series plays etc.

yanks - not sure, I might just bite the bullet with the juice in the first game back in Ott. Going to read some articles. GL man

Totals 4-3-1 +1.57
Sides 3-5 even

Monday April 30, 2007

Ottawa -170

Could very well be up 2-0, but going back home 1-1 is always a good thing for the lower seed. Ottawa has some great home ice advantages in the playoffs. Last chagne should get the matches with the 'EGG' line that they want.

Detroit / San Jose under 5

Save for SJ scoring in the first 5 minutes of both games 1 & 2 neither team has taken many chances. Bad bounces led to 2 goals in # 2 as well.

BC - shame they couldnt pull it off playing a brutal game. GL

Totals 5-3-1 +2.57
Sides 4-6 +0.00

Wednesday May 2, 2007

New Jersey / Ottawa under 5

Jersey can't score, Brodeur is in a good zone right now, Emery too.

Grand Salami under 9.5 +114

Last edited:
May tail you on this one, I like the way it looks.

And I'll be on the Sabres in the next game, maybe the over with the Sharks.

Joe - dont know where the goals would come from. That over in SJ would be awfully temping with that juice. GL man

Added the Grand Salami under 9.5

I like the under in the late game to be honest, and I just dont like the juice associated with it. SO this is my way of playing it at the same time getting plus money back.

Noose - thanks man, GL

JG - appreciate it. GL

Well hindsight being 20/20, Id rather be on the +130, but the 114 will do...

Worst score possible heading into 30 seconds left. Worst case scenario happened, lol.

Totals 5-4-2 +1.57
Sides 4-6 +0.00

ML Parlay

Anaheim Ducks -235 & Buffalo Sabres -185 +120

nice hit on that ML parlay, st nick.
wish i woulda done somethin similar, and stayed away from the PLs. at least the -1's woulda got me two ties...

anyways, great win bro.

Back