Round 2 Playoff Preview/Picks

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
Bulls vs. Pistons
<o></o>

Prediction: Pistons in 5
<o></o>

I’m not shocked by the Bulls win over Miami. I am shocked of the sweep, though. So, to me, Chicago is not an upset nor a team that should be over-valued because they beat a ‘seemingly’ good Heat team. My thoughts haven’t changed since the playoffs began. I thought Pistons would handle Chicago rather easily.
<o>
</o>[FONT=&quot]
Pistons backcourt is too big for Chicago. Rip and Chauncey have really good post games, and I expect Detroit to utilize this. Hinrich will get in his normal foul-happy mode guarding Billups. Chicago should have some difficulty defending Wallace. If Ben guards Wallace, Sheed can draw him away from the basket and open up the lane for the Pistons guards. If the Bulls choose to guard Sheed with PJ Brown, I think he will have much success inside. Pick your poison, Chicago. I don’t see Deng having as much success this series for sure. Prince is very long, and he matches up will with Deng. The Pistons can also throw Hamilton at him. If Chicago is going to shoot lights out like in round 1, they will beat anyone. But the Pistons will give a much better effort than Miami did. Don’t let Miami vs. Bulls series fool you.
[/FONT]

Nets will beat the Cavs. I'll write a review later. But from what i've watched this series, the Nets can and should be able to handle the Lebrons

Nets vs. Cavs

Prediction: Cavs in 7

The Cavs may be the best defensive team in the league. That's the one thing I took from watching the Washington series. They have the ability to dig down and get a crucial stop when needed. Cleveland should have a significant rebounding edge with Z and Gooden vs. Moore and Collins. I think this will be the key to the series. I think the perimeter play will cancel out. Lebron should eat up Jefferson. And I think Hughes can have some success on the slower Kidd. And we all know Kidd and Carter will get theirs no matter what. So the key is can NJ defend big Z? Collins will need to stay out of foul trouble in this series. Mikki Moore is going to have to be able to log some minutes on Z, also. This series is a real toss-up IMO. But if NJ gets lazy on the glass, this series could also be decided sooner.

i am with u on detroit and think that maybe even going to be a sweep series....only reason i will not bet that is because how good chicago plays at home.....but i think detroit will get one of them at chicago.....

disagree with u on nets.....i think carter will have a huge series now that he is done with toronto......kidd is one of the best in the game and i really feel like the nets played under their real talents against toronto....i think they settle down alot against the cavs......i think it will be NJ in 6....great writeups so far....

Pistons in 5 is ambitious IMO, Pistons will be in for a dogfight all series but I do expect them to prevail

det wins games 1 and 2 at their place and sweeps us at home? did i just read this?

Suns vs. Spurs

Prediction: Suns in 7

I'd be shocked if this game doesn't go 7 games. I see each team stealing a game on the road in the first 4 games, then I see the home court playing out. These 2 teams have played the best first rounds in the playoffs. The Suns handling of the Lakers should not be ignored. The Lakers played some very good ball in the series. The Suns just played tremendous. The emergence of James Jones and Kurt Thomas really allows this team to go a SOLID 8 deep. Pace will be key in this series. But for me, the game will be won between Stoudamire and Duncan. Duncan manhadled Amare in the final game between the 2 teams this season, a 92-85 Spurs win. Amare is known to get in some early foul trouble, and the Spurs surely will look to go early to TD. If Duncan is going to get 25 and 10 in this series, the Spurs will win. But I don't expect that. I expect a big series from Amare. He should be able to excel on the defensive end, as San Antonio is very un-athletic on the front-line. Elson is the most athletic, but he is very foul-prone. I see a few players being negated in this series for the Spurs: Big Shot Bob, Vaughn, and Barry should all struggle defending the quicker Suns. I expect to see a lot of Barbosa AND Nash in the backcourt together. The Spurs have no one who can guard Barbosa at the 2 spot. Manu is known to committ silly fouls in transition. And I don't see him having success against Barbosa. I can't wait for this series, and the game 7 enviroment in Phoenix should be electric. I am planning on taking the Suns for a series wager.

Last edited:
As for the other series, I see Utah beating Houston in that series. I think Golden State will beat Utah. If Houston advances, I think Houston will beat Golden State.

best home court record in the east and we are going to get sweeped in round 2. im about to lose my marbles in this thread.

best home court record in the east and we are going to get sweeped in round 2. im about to lose my marbles in this thread.

When the game is on the line, the Pistons have 4 VERY STRONG options down the stretch. No other team in the NBA has this ability. When you combine this, with excellent defense, and a strong bench, the Pistons are the most complete team in the NBA.

i am with u on detroit and think that maybe even going to be a sweep series....only reason i will not bet that is because how good chicago plays at home.....but i think detroit will get one of them at chicago.....

disagree with u on nets.....i think carter will have a huge series now that he is done with toronto......kidd is one of the best in the game and i really feel like the nets played under their real talents against toronto....i think they settle down alot against the cavs......i think it will be NJ in 6....great writeups so far....

I'm not opposed to taking a Nets series wager if the price is right. I'll admit I was very low on Cleveland before the playoffs began. But I watched rd. 1 closely, and their D is stellar. I honestly would have taken NJ to win the series in my prediction IF they handled Toronto in game 6. I thought their effort in game 6 was pathetic, and they are lucky to have won that game. If that effort carries over into rd. 2, Cleveland will have much success.

:hairout: <.......... me atm

If you can post some logical reasons for Chicago winning the series, that's fine. My prediction COULD be wrong. Maybe Detroit wins in 7. But either way, Detroit WILL win this series, and that's all that matters for my series wager.

i think i might go with detroit on the series....i just see matchup problems and i know now detroit gets stonger in the playoffs....good points on nj....might watch them first game....they have not had very good games on the road....but i think that has alot to do with it being in toronto.....i also think there is too much playoff experience in detroit....

your makiing the pistons out to sound like they are Greek Gods. they couldn't even cover a number vs teh magic.

i am not trying too....i am just lookin at matchups i can see u are a fan of chicago....i am not even a fan of detroit just like the matchups.....like the experience....

That sweep of Miami has to be taken with a grain of salt .. the Pistons actually play (and excel) at peritmeter defense, the Bulls will not get the open jumpers they got last series. I think the backcourts basically cancel eachother out, if not the Pistons having an advantage, and the Pistons have the advantage downlow. I like the Pistons in 5 too .. someone mentioned the price on the Pistons in 6, but I'm gonna lay off that because of the CHI homecourt

I thought the Pistons efforts vs. the Magic were stellar. Both road games were dogfights, and that game 4, the Pistons came back from being down late in the game. Their execution down the stretch was unreal. Rip Hamilton was the one who hit the big shots down the stretch.

nets didn't play under their potential. they were in a tough series, the fact that Carter was constantly guarded by MoPete and Parker makes a difference. The Nets played Nets basketball and you have to give Toronto credit considering they were playing the hottest team in the NBA. Also the reason why i like the Nets not because they didn't show their talents against the Raps is that the Cavs do not have an answer in terms of defenders to guard either Richardson, Kidd or Carter. Toronto contested every shot Carter and Richardson had and that made it tough, also the Cavs got off the hook playing the Wiz. Come on the Wiz, what the hell is that. Nets will do the same they did to Toronto, make the Cavs play Nets basketball.

I was thinking maybe more than that no ? also people will probaly pound the Cavs just because LeBron is a superstar and every1 loves him.

every superstar needs a sidekick. too bad he's got 0 help. he's going to fall in the same boat as Garnett and Kobe, big time players, 0 help

every superstar needs a sidekick. too bad he's got 0 help. he's going to fall in the same boat as Garnett and Kobe, big time players, 0 help

Hughes has been damn good so far Imo.

But Kidd , RJ and VC come on and a reall nice bench

also Nacho hitting all those 3's lol :shake:

I don't see how the Pistons could beat that team in five. They matched up very well during the year, I think that series is going to be great and a dogfight.

I actually think it might go seven.

I could've placed a 10/10 bet just reading this thread and won it. :D

I've read your preview of the PHX-SA clash, and I thought, no way is he taking Phoenix at -160 here...

guess what happened :D.

Anyways, I see that one going down the wire and Phoenix getting closer to eliminating SA than ever (with D'Antoni).

Will they do it? I don't know, I could see it happening, but the price doesn't warrant a bet if you ask me.

I agree with you about Detroit going through, I just think it's going to be in 6 or even 7 games. Cavs-Nets is a tough one though, I have to think about that one and analyze it.

:shake: Good luck Believe :cheers:

Hughes has been damn good so far Imo.

But Kidd , RJ and VC come on and a reall nice bench

also Nacho hitting all those 3's lol :shake:

I'd pick Nachbar over Marshall off the bench any day, Hughes is a hit or miss really, he still isn't a defender i would put on a star player. Plus the ball handling ability of the Cavs is suspect, Sasha? no way mang, Kidd is going to school him big time.

My only problem with all that, TM, is that Toronto is hardly Cleveland, and for some reason Frank could barely motivate and coach his team around them.

What's he going to do with LeBron?

I'd pick Nachbar over Marshall off the bench any day, Hughes is a hit or miss really, he still isn't a defender i would put on a star player. Plus the ball handling ability of the Cavs is suspect, Sasha? no way mang, Kidd is going to school him big time.

yeah thats why Hughes had a great series he never really had to play D. Now he has to D up RJ or Vince lol.

Also Williams and Boone of the bench is huge. They usally play well

My only problem with all that, TM, is that Toronto is hardly Cleveland, and for some reason Frank could barely motivate and coach his team around them.

What's he going to do with LeBron?

Lebron and.....

that's the question, Lebron and who? at least Toronto had Anthony Parker to accommodate Bosh. But Cavs? Larry Hughes? Nope. Also the Nets bench is a lot more worthy then the Cavs. Mikey Moore had a great series against Toronto and i expect him to have a great series against the Cavs. Cavs are a far more physical team, they are also a far more experience team as well. Lets face if Jefferson and Carter had all their shots contested in Toronto and still won the series.....how is that going to fare against the Cavs who pretty much depend on Lebron to just outscore the opponent. I'd say the Nets have nothing to lose and are more prepared for a long series than the Cavs who are just chilling and could be off guard after an easy series against the Wiz.

Lebron and.....

You're exactly right. And if I could trust Carter, Jefferson, and Nachbar to show up, I'd like NJ much more than I do in this series. But the reality is Vince basically could have stayed home for as much help as he gave that team in Toronto and I like Jefferson, but the only person who really seemed consistent on that team other than Kidd was Moore (who I really like).

The reason I don't think the Cavs can contend for the Eastern Conference is exactly what you say, LeBron doesn't have enough help. But the reason I think they can win this series is because I don't think NJ is very consistent, and I'm not sure I'm sold on Frank's coaching abilities.

whos chris bosh?

He's the guy in the Century 21 jacket who's now setting up tee times in greater Ontario you saw on ESPNews earlier.

too much emotion here on my part. sorry if this is coming off teh wrong way. i knew this was going to happen. im not gonna read this forum till after this series is over. gl all on this series.

im chris bosh, a so called superstar but im really a scared lil bitch. worst 3 seed ever.

ummm ok, so you are pretty much bashing a guy who guided a team to over 20+ wins. How long has it taken the Bulls to finally get back to winning ways since Jordan and Pippen?

And prove to me Bosh is a "scared lil bitch"

too much emotion here on my part. sorry if this is coming off teh wrong way. i knew this was going to happen. im not gonna read this forum till after this series is over. gl all on this series.

good luck....pistons still win :smiley_acbe:

ummm ok, so you are pretty much bashing a guy who guided a team to over 20+ wins. How long has it taken the Bulls to finally get back to winning ways since Jordan and Pippen?

And prove to me Bosh is a "scared lil bitch"

Bosh took over that 4th qtr against the Nets and if he woulda gotten a decent pass on the last play, he woulda been the hero because he definately woulda thrown it down.

Back