Round 1 NFL 2007 Playoffs

The Jets look like the best bet on the board, KC as a close second as they could potentially win with a good running day. As a Pats fan I unfortunately can't play the Jets.

the pats have not played well at home all year....until just recently...they have fared much better on the road this year...

on a neutral field they would be a 2.5 fav over the jets IMO.....playing at home they actually have a -5 value based on performance at home vs overall performance (averages)....this would mean that the jets would be a 2.5 fav at foxboro....knowing this can't be.....instead of using a -5 for home field...i used +1 which is the overall average home field value in the nfl...thus the 3.5 edge for NE

if i were to use what many consider the norm for home feld...3 or 4 points...they would be a 5.5 or 6.5 point fav...certainly not a 9 point fav as vegas indicates....

however....when using averages.....you have to consider which team will play above and which not up to their averages.....

in this case...both teams are playing well...maybe the best they have played all year....defenses are almost equal.....NE has shown a better offense overall.....jets play their best O at home...NE plays their best O on the road....but...NE scores enough at home to beat what the jets may put up by 5 or 6 points as i see it.....

jets will probably not win a 2nd game at NE this year.....and i don;t look for many NY teams to reach the 2nd round....actually think the giants have a better shot than the jets do

I'm on the Cowgirls as well. Gonna stay away from the Jets, I think it's the worst game on the board for betting purposes.

we're pretty close this week...though more on the sides than the totals. but after goign through things, yet again, i keep coming back to NE having an easier than expected win.

you may be right yanks....they certainly are the better team...but the jets did beat them in foxboro earlier and they are playing very good right now....NE has really taken care of the ball lately and with no turnovers they should be able to control the ball...and the scoreboard

the jets will try to do the same...

could be a low scoring affair

best of luck to you

Pats -2.5 on a neutral field. Your crazy. hahah what a joke....

Ok now lets get off of cloud 9.

Neu Field, NE -5.5

Jets won earlier in the year, but there were many turnovers which I believe NE will correct in an elimination game. Please tell me, other than the 1 fluke game, who have the Jets beat? Jets are an improved team, but they can't stop the run. The couldn't stop Droughns for CHrist sake and now they are gonna shut down Dilon & Maroney? Brady is gonna pick em apart as well....I might just buy up points on this game and take it to -11 +142....

Either way come Sunday, we will see who is the better team.

I'll take Belichick & Brady at home in a revenge playoff spot.

Would anyone care to take a guess where the Jets S.O.S. is ranked in the NFL this season?

austintx.....before you call anyone else crazy around here....might want to wait and see the results of the this weekends games....you may be in for a surprise.....

i have the jets ranked 7th in my power rating system right behind the bears and jax and in front of kc, indy, phil, and dallas as well as a few others who did not make the playoffs....

well 1-1 on sides....

2-0 with the totals but haven't been counting these

today looks like 2 dogs an over and an under

good luck

austintx.....congrats to you....i thought the jets would give them a better game...

1-2 so far this weekend on sides

Back