Romo 6 years 67.5 Mill Extension

Throwback420

Diehard L.A. fan
nice

31 million Guarenteed. 3 mill lest then Peyton Manning. Biggest contract as a cowboy ever ...

Last edited:
Yeah he earned it in a way. I didnt Like him last year, this year he has improved alot and is only gonna get better.

If rookies can get that kind of money Romo deserved it.

im not sold on him for some reason, but given the fact that 70% of nfl qbs pretty much suck, its probably about market value

Here is how Romo measured up in his first 16 starts. Against four quarterbacks considered to be the league's best at the beginning of the season -- Patriots QB Tom Brady, Saints QB Drew Brees, Colts QB Peyton Manning and Bengals QB Carson Palmer -- and measuring their first 16 starts against Romo's in six categories: Completions, Attempts, Yards, Completion Percentage, Touchdowns and Interceptions. Here's how they rank:

COMPLETIONS
1. Palmer 332
2. Manning 326
3. Romo 323
4. Brees 320
5. Brady 313

ATTEMPTS
1. Manning 575
2. Palmer 529
3. Brees 526
4. Romo 510
5. Brady 481

COMPLETION PERCENTAGE
1. Brady 65.1
2. Romo 63.3
3. Palmer 62.8
4. Brees 60.8
5. Manning 56.7

YARDS
1. Romo 4,348
2. Manning 3,739
3. Palmer 3,683
4. Brady 3,360
5. Brees 3,284

TOUCHDOWNS
1. Romo 31
2-t. Manning 26
2-t. Palmer 26
4. Brady 23
5. Brees 17

INTERCEPTIONS
1. Brady 13
2. Brees 16
3. Romo 19
4. Palmer 20
5. Manning 28

I'd say he deserves it.

bet he feels the weight of that fat new contract this week @ philly...he will try to do too much

why am i up at 4;30 in the morning...havent been able to sleep for the last week:hang:

News: QB Tony Romo officially signed a six-year, $67.5 million contract extension with the Cowboys on Tuesday, cementing a spot in the lineage of Don Meredith-to-Roger Staubach-to-Troy Aikman, but he also insisted the only thing that's going to change is his tax bracket. Want proof? He's even planning to keep his apartment -- and his roommate -- despite having the third-highest annual salary among NFL quarterbacks, ahead of Tom Brady and Brett Favre. "I never really thought this was a goal along the way," he said. "I still don't necessarily perceive it as a goal, but it's something really neat that I get to experience."

so fucking overated. not worth the money yet i wanna see one more year befoire he gets peyton money this is rediculous

so fucking overated. not worth the money yet i wanna see one more year befoire he gets peyton money this is rediculous
What the fuck do you need to see? Who else would you take over him in the NFL besides the two obvious ones. Stonelegs Palmer? And hes not getting Peyton money anyways, hes being paid less than him.

id take favre now over romo. he is not a greta qb hes good at best. he is def not worth that money, win a playoff game first

Name me a staring QB in this league with a weaker arm then Romo besides Pennington. Dude throws the laziest noodle ball I have ever seen. He will be gone in 2 years.

Each year the salary cap has been growing and you can see it in the type of deals these players have been getting.

Nate Clements...eight-year, $80 million with $22 million guaranteed

Do you think he is going to see the end of that backloaded contract?

Dwight Freeney six-year, $72 million contract with $30 million guaranteed

Why not pay it if you can? Better than letting him get away to some other team.

Back