Rolen to Jays for Glaus

i think the Jays got the better end of the deal. I'd rather have a healthy Rolen then a health Glaus. At least Rolen hits for contact rather than home runs.

Titan Mike- I disagree bro. Rolen is a sulky primadonna and not good for a clubhouse. He's also going to be a shell of his former self.I just don't see how Toronto expects him to be healthy on the turf.

Great trade for the Cardinals IMO, they clear the clubhouse tension between Rolen and LaRussa as well as getting a guy who is more likely to play(even though Glaus has struggled with his own injury problems.

Titan Mike- I disagree bro. Rolen is a sulky primadonna and not good for a clubhouse. He's also going to be a shell of his former self.I just don't see how Toronto expects him to be healthy on the turf.

Great trade for the Cardinals IMO, they clear the clubhouse tension between Rolen and LaRussa as well as getting a guy who is more likely to play(even though Glaus has struggled with his own injury problems.

I don't see how this is a great trade for the Cards. The fact that Glaus' name is mentioned in the steroids reports doesn't help, that is another reason why the Jays got rid of him. Also he's a useless clean up hitter, he is just one big swing and really isn't trying to get on base. His speed is terrible but i do rate his defense highly. Rolen's bat helps Toronto's line up a lot better than Glaus' to Cards. The Jays have taken away their speed and their opening bat and in Rolen we can get someone who hits for Contact and on base percentage.

We'll see how this trade ends up but i think both players needed a change

go loook at the numbers between these two guys, they are similar..only difference is the higher strikeout rate for glaus and slugging percentage, compared to the better on base percentage and consistency of scott rolen..his speed and aggressiveness on the bases and the defence are key as well(of course this is when they are healthy)...this team is slowly turning into a small ball team..but we'll see, we still got the power..still can't believe we have the cards' left side infield =) great year to look foward too...haha if we could trade burnett for bedard..if only dang it =(

Eckstein
Rios
Wells
Thomas
Rolen
Overbay
Johnson
Hill
Zaun [he looks drunk half the time and it cracks me up]

for those of you that are skeptical on this trade, look at the stats

SCOTT ROLEN TROY GLAUS
AGE 31 32
SEASONS 12 10
AVERAGE .283 .254
HITS 1,558 1,124
DOUBLES 380 240
HOME RUNS 261 277
RBI 1,012 778
ERRORS 148 163
GOLD GLOVES 7 0

It's a great trade for Toronto and a good trade for St. Louis only because they got something in return for Rolen. He basically forced their hand and the league knew it so to still get a productive bat in return is a positive IMO. LaRussa and Rolen weren't going to survive another year together.

ya we do need to find a catcher...maybe jp has something up his sleeves, but as of right now, we're starting spring training with zaun and fasano

Back