Rod's World Cup Cricket Plays

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Going to be slow in betting in the early stages given the number of ridiculous mismatches. However one did catch my eye today.

Ireland to beat Zimbabwe - (+165) (2.5)

:shake:

Going to be slow in betting in the early stages given the number of ridiculous mismatches. However one did catch my eye today.

Ireland to beat Zimbabwe - (+165) (2.5)

Topsy turvy game, Ireland were on top than Zimbabwe fought back and in the end both teams incredibly tied.

So my bet became void.

Looking at the NZ-England game tonight for my first substantial bet of the tournament

Big game tonight with England playing the Kiwis. I honestly believe these wickets will suit the more steady medium pacers of the Kiwis and at the end of the day it is the bowling of the respective teams that is going to win/lose this game not the batting with both stacked in that department. If anything I like the hitting power of the Kiwis late in the order - one reason why I have them making the SF's this tournament.

New Zealand to beat England - (-122) (3.5)

This game should also provide some decent in running opportunites. :shake:

Big game tonight with England playing the Kiwis. I honestly believe these wickets will suit the more steady medium pacers of the Kiwis and at the end of the day it is the bowling of the respective teams that is going to win/lose this game not the batting with both stacked in that department. If anything I like the hitting power of the Kiwis late in the order - one reason why I have them making the SF's this tournament.

New Zealand to beat England - (-122) (3.5)

This game should also provide some decent in running opportunites. :shake:

Like clockwork 'an_horse'

WC Record (1-0-1) +2.86 units

No plays in the Saturday games - both India and Sri Lanka will win comfortably against their respective opponents

^ Pretty sad to hear the news.

No match bets for me today again. Might look into some H2h betting in the Windies game.

Woolmer murdered. Just like the Indians (what a disgrace the sub continent has been. they only win against each other). Its a bloody World Cup.

Lets just say I am a conspirasist - all that money India pump into this World Cup for TV rights would not be in the best interests of both the ICC or the sponsors if India has an early exit in this tournament:

Bermuda to beat Bangladesh - (+1350) (1.5)

I must say I'm suprised the WIndies are getting this little love for what is essentially their do or die effort. Sri Lanka maybe a better side, but they're hardly the equal of that SRL side who won the WCup all those years ago, meaning to me home advantage is a real advantage, and I very much doubt a repeat of the lineup implosion Lara decided on vs NZL with whats at stake here.

I fine it equally unlikely the WIndies put in 2 limp efforts in a row, and Gayle showed signs of the kind of form he's been lacking for sometime, and is which his side needs vs SRL, against NZ. He, Lara, Sarwan & Chanderpaul - 3 of those 4 come off, theres no way these odds are anywhere near accurate. Their bowling maybe suspect, but we all know what happens to SRL if Jayasuriya fails - whether the rest of the lineup succeeds in his wake is a hit or miss affair. I have to have some of the WIndies at +170

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My biggest fear/threat manifested - Jayasuriya came off. Even so, the WIndies looked to be in ok/good shape at 134/3, but then their uselessness came to the fore.

Last edited:
NZ .... Get it Quick

Hey folks, first pick in CTG, Getting down to the business end now, for NZ anyway with games against SL, AUS and SA too cement there position on top of table.

Anyway im liking 1.80 on NZ to beat SL 2morow as it seems MAlinga is doubtful with ankle injury and i think we are better team anyway.

Taylor will be bak and we did beat SL in warmups.. in saying that we lost to bangladesh but hey, nobody questions there performance now.

You guys can probly get SL at +100 outside of NZ, so any thoughts,

Rod wont like this but.....Better yet get us at +400 2 win

Welcome to the site, morbe. I think you'll find NZ the fav to whatever degree at any book if Malinga isnt playing.

And I should add you can use the edit feature at this site.:cheers:

Hey folks, first pick in CTG, Getting down to the business end now, for NZ anyway with games against SL, AUS and SA too cement there position on top of table.

Anyway im liking 1.80 on NZ to beat SL 2morow as it seems MAlinga is doubtful with ankle injury and i think we are better team anyway.

Taylor will be bak and we did beat SL in warmups.. in saying that we lost to bangladesh but hey, nobody questions there performance now.

You guys can probly get SL at +100 outside of NZ, so any thoughts,

Rod wont like this but.....Better yet get us at +400 2 win

lol don't think I have come across a bigger Kiwi homer on the internet then yourself, it's either the Warriors, the NZ league team or the NZ cricket team isn't it. I don't want to be around when the Rugby world cup comes around ;)

On a serious note, Kiwis have played well and that's probably more down to their balance in the side in both bowling and batting. Vetorri is going to be the real key for your boys in the later stages of this tournament IMO. However their real test is the next few games to see where they really stand in the pecking order

Look forward to discussing the w/end footy with ya here :cheers:

WC Record (1-2-1) -2.64 units

Might dabble with some prop bets tonight in the England-Bangladesh game. Otherwise will definitely make a play tomorrow, might really double down if I can get the price I want.

lol don't think I have come across a bigger Kiwi homer on the internet then yourself, it's either the Warriors, the NZ league team or the NZ cricket team isn't it. I don't want to be around when the Rugby world cup comes around ;)

Yeah sorry bout dat... forgot to add, geez i always forget something.

# Emirates team NZ +300

:cheers: :drink: :cheers:

Back