Rod's TNT Thursday

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
As BC pointed out in the Thursday discussion thread there has been an very strong under bias in TNT Thursday games over the past months. But tonight I believe the Mavs will continue to the push the tempo as they have been since the Kidd trade. All the players and coach seem willing and happy to do so given the space and open looks he has been creating.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/wires/02/27/2030.ap.bkn.passing.mavericks.0684/

o181.5 Spurs v Mavs

In terms of the side, what the article also highlighted to me is that whilst Kidd has been creating the space for the Mavs shooters, there is still the adjustment period required so somewhat of a double edged sword. Mavs committed 21 turnovers against the Bulls in their last start. Spurs will make the Mavs pay if they commit anywhere near the same # tonight.

Another reason I believe might be a good time to back the Spurs tonight is there is nobody in the Mavs team that can match the speed of Parker. Previously Harris was able to do that as he had the speed to match him. Add to that without Diop who generally had the rotation assignment on Duncan, Mavs are lacking the interior presence IMO to counter the Spurs.

Spurs are flying under the radar with all the post trade talk in the Western Conference. They are still the best team in the West and with all their team finally fit it's time to get on their bandwagon heading into the playoffs.

Spurs -5 over Mavs

totally agree with the over. not sure if spurs will cover. it'll be a playoff atmostphere kinda game.

Public dog on TNT Thursday Night, I don't know the numbers, but it can't be that great. My one concern is that is a very low number, even for a Spurs game, with Kidd coming over, I would've figured that line to be atleast a few points higher, that one is a head scratcher for me. Great point about Parker/Kidd, reminds me of Paul/Nash. Parker should have his way, his past numbers (against NJN w/Kidd), have all been very efficient nights the past couple years. BOL Tonight Rod

Back