Rod's Rugby League/Union/AFL (4/13-4/16)

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Rugby Union 18-13-1 (+9.65 units)

AFL 8-2-0 (+17.87 units)

Rugby League 10-5-0 (+10.94 units)

OVERALL 36-20-0 (+38.46 units)

:cheers:

Kicking off with the AFL on Friday, I'm not going to play the league tonight as I believe the lines are pretty much spot on for both games.

AFL

Richmond +6.5 v Collingwood (3.5)

:shake:

Kicking off with the AFL on Friday, I'm not going to play the league tonight as I believe the lines are pretty much spot on for both games.

AFL

Hi Rod!

When you say that "...lines are pretty much on spot", does that mean that the favorites win the games SU.

Favorites for these Friday gams are Broncos (vs the Titans) and Eels (vs the Panthers).

Always appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!

Cheers!!!

cream panthers are favorites for the game with parra
i like the broncos to cover and lean to the eels with the points only +4.5
:7_17_4:

BOL rod

c.r.e.a.m - I think rod means he doesnt detect any advantage to either side with the given lines.

I'm taking a shot at the Cheetahs/Canes half/full double (+700)

AFL

Lost :down:

cream - BC pretty much answered your question when I said I thought the league lines were spot on, though there were a couple of suprising upsets.

Back later with today's footballl

AFL

Adelaide ML v Port Adelaide - (-105) (3)

s14 - Rugby Union

Sharks +10.5 v Blues (1.5)

No Venter for the Sharks does worry me so have scaled backed this play.

I think at least 1 Dog barks tonight in NZ. Took a shot at the OTG/CAN half/full double

-------------------------------------------------------

My 2nd shot bites the dust, but at these odds not hard to back up. A 3rd shot at SHK/AUK h-f double

-------------------------------------------------------

Great. Didnt need that (illegal) try right on halftime, since the SHks ml as cover would still have been very juicy at only an 8 pt lead. Will still buy out of any loss (since the Blues dont look like its their night), just severs my profit.

Last edited:
NRL Rugby League

Bulldogs -6.5 v Sea Eagles (3)

AFL

Eagles ML v Dockers - (-120) (3.5)

Bulldogs -4.5 v Saints (3)

Rugby Union

Queensland +9.5 v NSW (2.5)

NRL Rugby League

Bulldogs -6.5 v Sea Eagles (3)

AFL

Eagles ML v Dockers - (-120) (3.5)

Bulldogs -4.5 v Saints (3)

Rugby Union

Queensland +9.5 v NSW (2.5)

Rough night going 1-3 with my only win coming with the Eagles.

Passing on the Super 14 game in RSA though I do believe the Bulls will dish the hurt to the Stormers later tonight.

Back tomorrow

Well done on WCE and Natal Sharks. Those were about the only 2 bets I won all week.

Was going to play 'Roos ML, but just feel a bad streak brewing.

Good luck, man.

Going quite heavy on this one, initially was going to lay the points but the ML still presents value in itself so taking the conservative route.

NRL Rugby League

Warriors ML v Cowboys - (-130) (4.5)

The dodgy weather will suit the Warriors to a tee today along with the fact that it will at the same time negate the speed of the Cowboys backs. Warriors forwards should dominate this game now given the absence of both O'Donnell and Webb. Cowboys should have lost last week, after I strong start to the season I have a sense of deja vu from last season when their form started to dip from round 6 onwards.

Will see how this one pans out before pulling the trigger on anything else today :cheers:

Can't argue with the Worriers. Still like them to go places this season, which means them showing up in this fixture. NQD's good overall record against them should suck in a fair amount of money, offsetting any thought the jaffa lads being an overwhelming *public fav*

Hey Rod, Demons today on ML seems like it's screaming value, no?

Are Cats the public play with bettors fading the injuries of the Dees?

Hey Rod, Demons today on ML seems like it's screaming value, no?

Are Cats the public play with bettors fading the injuries of the Dees?

Value yes, just don't know where their goals are going to come from without Neitz. Though this is at the "G" hence the spread may be worth a look. Cats definitely the public play

Probably just one more in the league for me today to get this weekend back into the black. Back in a sec

Quite astounding that the Warriors got it done in those conditions making 50+ more tackles than the Cowboys ...

Well in on Warriors, man. Excellent work as usual. And that'll be the plan for now......listen to you and ask questions later :)

Therefore, no bet on Dees ML.

Anything good with Hawks/'Roos, as in 'Roos ML?

Well in on Warriors, man. Excellent work as usual. And that'll be the plan for now......listen to you and ask questions later :)

Therefore, no bet on Dees ML.

Anything good with Hawks/'Roos, as in 'Roos ML?

That was going to be other play today in the AFL, it's the 'twilight' game at the dome where the Roos play very well against an opponent they have had some very good recent success against (8 wins from the last 10 starts) - just tossing up between the ML or the spread, tbh I think this time I'm just going to take them SU:cheers:

Yeah, man, those dog MLs in AFL kick ass. Seems like an inside cover usually translates into an outright win......very similar to what goes on in the NFL.

When 5 Dimes gets enough cajones to post that line with 'Roos, it's taken.

Going quite heavy on this one, initially was going to lay the points but the ML still presents value in itself so taking the conservative route.

NRL Rugby League

Warriors ML v Cowboys - (-130) (4.5)

The dodgy weather will suit the Warriors to a tee today along with the fact that it will at the same time negate the speed of the Cowboys backs. Warriors forwards should dominate this game now given the absence of both O'Donnell and Webb. Cowboys should have lost last week, after I strong start to the season I have a sense of deja vu from last season when their form started to dip from round 6 onwards.

Will see how this one pans out before pulling the trigger on anything else today :cheers:

money;

Rugby Union - EDF Cup Final

Leicester are in line to do the 'treble' and today is the first of the three chances they get to claim some silverware during the Pat Howard reign. Amazingly he hasn't won anything since he has been coach of the Tigers. The Tigers will want to send him off in style, the Tigers are more experienced than the Ospreys in terms of big games, so got to go with them today.

Tigers -3.5 v Ospreys (3)

One game in the superleague, think this one could go either way. I really do like the Hudders SU today so will try my hand on the ML

Huddersfield ML v Wigan - (+155) (1)

Rugby Union - EDF Cup Final

Leicester are in line to do the 'treble' and today is the first of the three chances they get to claim some silverware during the Pat Howard reign. Amazingly he hasn't won anything since he has been coach of the Tigers. The Tigers will want to send him off in style, the Tigers are more experienced than the Ospreys in terms of big games, so got to go with them today.

Tigers -3.5 v Ospreys (3)

Winner :shake:

One game left which is the MNF between the Raiders and Roosters in the NRL rugby League

Might have a ping bit later on but just going to wait on team news

Well in on Tigers and Giants.

Are Giants actually playing for real now? Seems like it.

On which side is the public tonight in MNR?

Cheers

Rugby Union 20-14-1 (+11.20 units)

AFL 10-5-0 (+15.02 units)

Rugby League 12-7-0 (+9.95 units)

OVERALL 42-26-1 (+36.17 units)

Bit of a roller coaster weekend was able to limit the damage on Sunday.

Back