Rod's Rugby League/Union/AFL (17/3-19/3)

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Rugby Union 10-7-0 (+4.60 units)

AFL 2-1-0 (+2.95 units)

Rugby League 2-2-0 (-0.6 units)

OVERALL 14-10-0 (+6.95 units)

:shake:

In a bit of a rush, but here are my plays for today across the codes.

Rugby League (NRL)

Raiders +12.5 v Sea-Eagles (3)

u43.5 Sharks v Panthers (3)

AFL (NAB Cup)

Carlton -4.5 v Brisbane (3)

Rugby Union (Super 14)

Bulls +7.5 v Crusaders (1.5)

Followed you on Blues in NAB, man. Hoping it holds......up 18 "for now."

Are you betting any tennis, and are you posting anywhere?

Thanks, man.

In a bit of a rush, but here are my plays for today across the codes.

Rugby League (NRL)

Raiders +12.5 v Sea-Eagles (3)

u43.5 Sharks v Panthers (3)

AFL (NAB Cup)

Carlton -4.5 v Brisbane (3)

Raiders +12.5 lost, u43.5 Sharks game win, Carlton -4.5 win

Overall small gain for the night :cheers:

Followed you on Blues in NAB, man. Hoping it holds......up 18 "for now."

Are you betting any tennis, and are you posting anywhere?

Thanks, man.

Yep still betting on tennis, but really just focusing on Masters and slams now. The smaller tournaments are just a lottery these days.

Not posting anywhere other than the ocassional post on MTF

Blues!

Well in.

Going to take the money and bail on the rest of footy for the day......just not in to capping and doing the requisite work.

I'll do some tennis later in the day.

Good luck, man.

Ok time for me to take a huge gamble today in the Six Nations. If I can pull it off it could be a very fruitful next several hours for me.

To put it bluntly the current spreads offered on the dogs (Italy +13 @ home v Ireland & Scotland +19 @ Paris) are a joke. All things being equal I would have pounded the shit out of the respective lines as they are severely inflated, in each case I'd go as far as saying they are both at least 3-4 points higher then what it should be. However what the bookies have done today is inflated the respective lines intentionally as the 6 Nations title will come down to points difference between France and Italy.

As it stands now, Ireland are 4 points behind France in differential, and the scheduling is such that they play against Italy BEFORE France therefore France are in the attractive position of knowing what they need to do before they run out today. OF course for Ireland they will come out with all uns blazing knowing they need to blow the shit out of Italy to stand any hope of setting France a reasonable number to "chase" down so to speak. I think they can do it with Bergamasco out for Italy they lose their main man at the breakdown. Add to that Italy have had their most successful 6 Nations campaign since their inception and are coming off an emotional home win against Wales. Therefore all the components are in place for a Ireland rout, escpecially as they themselves are coming off an unusually lacklustre win in Scotland last week.

Ireland -13 v Italy (4)

Should the rout occur and Ireland do manage a significant win, France will need to beat Scotland by whatever the Ireland margin of victory was less 4 points. Seeing as I think Ireland can pull out a 20+ win today in Rome, France will in all liklihood have to cover the -19.5 to win the title. No Skrela is not going to help but even so they have the players to win by a huge margin if required.

France -19 v Scotland (3.5)

Now if Ireland do not manage the big win I expect, I'm going to take the Scots at the same handicap and in all liklihood accept the loss.

Damn good and strong call on Ireland, Rod. That took some balls, and I damn sure didn't have 'em to lay 13. Very well done.

I just got all over Les Bleus laying 19.

Best of luck.

Again..........

Hell of a call on Les Bleus!!!!!!!!!!!

Cha-ching!

Man, Rod, you got to see how this one ended. I don't know if you were up to see it live, but the ending was devastating to the Irish. Personally, I'd have awarded the try, but it sucks for Ireland, but then again.....they're the ones who blew their fixture at Croke 6 weeks ago when they had Les Bleus dead to rights.

But, awarded try or not, we'd have covered, and "COVERING" is the only thing that concerns the degenerate gambler!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Ok time for me to take a huge gamble today in the Six Nations. If I can pull it off it could be a very fruitful next several hours for me.

To put it bluntly the current spreads offered on the dogs (Italy +13 @ home v Ireland & Scotland +19 @ Paris) are a joke. All things being equal I would have pounded the shit out of the respective lines as they are severely inflated, in each case I'd go as far as saying they are both at least 3-4 points higher then what it should be. However what the bookies have done today is inflated the respective lines intentionally as the 6 Nations title will come down to points difference between France and Italy.

As it stands now, Ireland are 4 points behind France in differential, and the scheduling is such that they play against Italy BEFORE France therefore France are in the attractive position of knowing what they need to do before they run out today. OF course for Ireland they will come out with all uns blazing knowing they need to blow the shit out of Italy to stand any hope of setting France a reasonable number to "chase" down so to speak. I think they can do it with Bergamasco out for Italy they lose their main man at the breakdown. Add to that Italy have had their most successful 6 Nations campaign since their inception and are coming off an emotional home win against Wales. Therefore all the components are in place for a Ireland rout, escpecially as they themselves are coming off an unusually lacklustre win in Scotland last week.

Ireland -13 v Italy (4)

Should the rout occur and Ireland do manage a significant win, France will need to beat Scotland by whatever the Ireland margin of victory was less 4 points. Seeing as I think Ireland can pull out a 20+ win today in Rome, France will in all liklihood have to cover the -19.5 to win the title. No Skrela is not going to help but even so they have the players to win by a huge margin if required.

France -19 v Scotland (3.5)

Now if Ireland do not manage the big win I expect, I'm going to take the Scots at the same handicap and in all liklihood accept the loss.

Both winners :cheers:

Again..........

Hell of a call on Les Bleus!!!!!!!!!!!

Cha-ching!

Man, Rod, you got to see how this one ended. I don't know if you were up to see it live, but the ending was devastating to the Irish. Personally, I'd have awarded the try, but it sucks for Ireland, but then again.....they're the ones who blew their fixture at Croke 6 weeks ago when they had Les Bleus dead to rights.

But, awarded try or not, we'd have covered, and "COVERING" is the only thing that concerns the degenerate gambler!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

I caught the second half - great drama. That is twice now the Irish have been sunk by a last second try by the French this tournament, on St Pats day as well :(

Well in on St George, man.

Looks like you were right on Knights ATS. Bulldogs blew it......no question about it.

I am definitely betting the Souths/Sydney match today, and yes I like the dog.

I'll have a look at today's SL and Guinness rugby games and post if I like anything.

Of course there is also Monday night football tomorrow between the Roosters and the Bunnies.

Good luck, guys.

Going to play something here in the short time.....either English football or rugby.

Just have to get down......sad, but true.

I was thinking along the same lines, CC. I know absolutely nothing about Sydney, except they've had the wood on Souths which means a public Bunny side is surely doomed.

Rod-

Are the hopping ones a public bet in Monday Night Rugby? I want them, but don't want them if it's a public play.

Thanks, man.

Sorry for the late response, haven't been online all day

50-50 action in this one - media have certainy built up the Rabbits tonight with the whole Russell Crowe/Peter Holmes "revolution"

Roosters have won the 15 of the last 16 games between the two sides. Personally I think they get it done again tonight, going to take the Rabbits a few rounds to get going IMO.

No bet for me though

Rugby Union 12-9-0 (+7.85 units)

AFL 3-1-0 (+5.65 units)

Rugby League 4-3-0 (+0.90 units)

OVERALL 19-13-0 (+14.40 units)

My best week of the season to date, hoping for the momentum to continue next week as we head into the start of the AFL season as well.

Back