Rod's Rugby League/Union (3/23-3/26)

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Rugby Union 12-9-0 (+7.85 units)

AFL 3-1-0 (+5.65 units)

Rugby League 4-3-0 (+0.90 units)

OVERALL 19-13-0 (+14.40 units)

I'm getting this week's thread up early as I want to jump on an early line in the super 14, back in a bit

Rugby Union - super 14

NSW Waratahs +16.5 v Auckland Blues (4)

+

NSW Waratahs ML v Auckland Blues - (+625) (1)

This only goes on Friday , Thursday (3/24) in the states but wanted to lock it in now before any adverse line changes.

I know the Tahs have been shocking this season, having not won a game since their opening round win against the Lions and have progressively played worse over the past few weeks, but this is one of the most amazing lines I have seen in a while. Blues have been awesome for sure, but laying 16.5 points against anyone in this competition as a starting spread is ridiculous IMO. The Tahs I think will appreciate getting out of the country for a while and not having the media scrutiny on them which should result in a more free flowing attack. The Tahs struggled against the tight and conservative play of the Bulls and the Stormers, typical south african rugby of bashing it up forward using their huge forwards and playing using the fly half only as a kicking option to pay a territory game. The Blues will play exactly the opposite, ball in hand and more of an open game which should suit the Tahs as well. As a respite for the Tahs, the Blues are only going to field one of their AB's (Mealamu off the bench) who are all returning across all the NZ teams this weekend. Nucifora has given Woodcock, Williams and Rokocoko another week off.

I've taken the ML as well purely based on value. Doubt anyone wants to put money on the Tahs based on their form recently either. Weather is forecasted for being fine come Friday as well.

Quite a strong play for me here. :shake:

good luck rod. The tahs and everyone over here talking up the quality of their side ,i just dont think they have it where they are going to need it to beat the blues and that is up front in the fowards.But teams have not feared well after the bye and i think that could continue tonight so nsw with the the points isnt a bad play can get them with 18.5 over here

Rugby Union - super 14

NSW Waratahs +16.5 v Auckland Blues (4)

+

NSW Waratahs ML v Auckland Blues - (+625) (1)

This only goes on Friday , Thursday (3/24) in the states but wanted to lock it in now before any adverse line changes.

I know the Tahs have been shocking this season, having not won a game since their opening round win against the Lions and have progressively played worse over the past few weeks, but this is one of the most amazing lines I have seen in a while. Blues have been awesome for sure, but laying 16.5 points against anyone in this competition as a starting spread is ridiculous IMO. The Tahs I think will appreciate getting out of the country for a while and not having the media scrutiny on them which should result in a more free flowing attack. The Tahs struggled against the tight and conservative play of the Bulls and the Stormers, typical south african rugby of bashing it up forward using their huge forwards and playing using the fly half only as a kicking option to pay a territory game. The Blues will play exactly the opposite, ball in hand and more of an open game which should suit the Tahs as well. As a respite for the Tahs, the Blues are only going to field one of their AB's (Mealamu off the bench) who are all returning across all the NZ teams this weekend. Nucifora has given Woodcock, Williams and Rokocoko another week off.

I've taken the ML as well purely based on value. Doubt anyone wants to put money on the Tahs based on their form recently either. Weather is forecasted for being fine come Friday as well.

Quite a strong play for me here. :shake:

Simply awful from the Tahs, blown out badly, I got what I deserved there :down:

Disgusting stuff from NSW ... Guess they had to be given one last chance with that big a start, but think it's now suffice to say that's THE final nail in their coffin ...

Playing the dogs in the Union today:

Rugby Union - s14

Bulls +3.5 v Highlanders (3)

Stormers +21.5 v Crusaders (3)

woof woof :shake:

Last edited:
Nice hit with the Bulls (you have a 19 point lead (+3.5) with 20 to go. I find it highly improbable they lose from here. I hit them at -200 at halftime, so I'll be pissed if they dont [made during dinner, phoned in. Wasnt online to post it here]).

Ta BC :shake:

Pretty powerful performance by the Bulls tonight and to rub it in Evans misses a sitter to miss a bonus point (which could be crucial for them at the end of the season)

I'll pass on the Stormers. Don't like the comments I herd from Robbie Deans on tonights local Sports News. Cantabs looking to really stick it to the Stormers (maybe a case of anything Auckland can do, we can do better?).

Passing on both the late s14 & NRL games.

Will have a look at the South African s14 games and EDF SF cup games later

Rugby League - NRL

Broncos +6.5 v Warriors (3)

I might wait for HT in this one to decide whether to pull the trigger in the Souths-Parra game

:shake:

I've got a good feeling about the Worriers this season. Lot more mentally strong members in their team than in years past, which mean I have to leave this one alone since Brisbane off an opener loss I refuse to back against. BOL rod.

Very tempted by Bristol ats vs Northampton in the Guiness P'ship tonight ... a little surprised they're only being asked to cover -3.5 ...

what a great game the warriors played i went to the match the crowd was riding simkins all the way but the broncos didnt help themselves with their disipline.any thoughts on monday night footie?

Just saw your post now Kiwi - I would have played the Sharkies SU at + odds

Lucky I didn't in the end

Warriors real test is this round ;)

Rugby Union 14-11-0 (+4.35 units)

AFL 3-1-0 (+5.65 units)

Rugby League 6-4-0 (+2.85 units)

OVERALL 23-16-0 (+12.85 units)

Another up and down round for me resulting in a -ve week.

Next week the AFL starts, let the games begin 'an_horse'

Back