Rod's NBL Round 11

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Overall YTD (40-29-0) +39.40 units

3 games on the tap for Wednesday. Will post if I decide to make a play in anything.

Liking a lot of plays for Wednesday night's big card. Rolling the dice:

Cats +10.5 over Kings (5)

Cats ML over Kings - (+455) (1.5)

u191.5 Kings v Cats (3)

u190.5 Blaze v Sixers (5)

Sixers +8.5 over Blaze (3)

o206.5 Razorbacks v Slingers (5)

I'm beyond pissed off right now having come home from the Suns game watching my boys put in another lacklustre performance. Typical when it is one of the few games I get a chance to go all season.

Two for Thursday as I missed the earlier game:

o208.5 Bullets v Crocs (5)

Crocs +5.5 over Bullets (3)

Getting on this now for Saturday before the line drop. Been eyeing it off for a while now as well.

u191.5 Tigers v Kings (3)

Comments and other plays later.

Final card for Saturday

Tigers -2 over Kings (10)

u191.5 Tigers v Kings (3)

I like this play for a few reasons. It might be ridiculous to say but this is somewhat of a must win for the Tigers tonight moreso than for the Kings.

*Quick revenge spot from 2 weeks ago where the Kings beat the Tigers in the Hockey Center and basically started the current slide of 3 games the Tigers are in the middle of right now. That game was nip and tuck the whole night and it was really some big plays by Kendall down the stretch that got the Kings the W. Further if we look ahead a little, from a potential playoff tiebreaker point of view the Tigers will be extra motivated to win tonight knowing they may have to play a SF or final against the Kings with HCA.
*Tigers are not only coming off 3 losses but their last 2 are the biggest losing margins of Westover's tenure. The Tigers have had 1 week to think about it. Anstey acknowledged the lack of intensity and the fact that the Tigers really haven't proven themselves against the better teams as yet this season:

"I think our intensity has got to pick up. We've just been in a bit of a flat spot and haven't played well, which is disappointing. But I guess that happens and there's no better time to turn it around than when we play two of the teams that have beaten us in the next two weeks."

"It's on us. We haven't really beaten anyone who's a championship challenger and we've probably got into a few bad habits and we've just got to iron them out."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22832528-10914,00.html

*Westover has finally recognised that D-Mac is being exploited because of the fact that he has clearly lost a step so has rung the changes for tonight by inserting Crosswell into the starting lineup with D-Mac coming off the bench. IMO this is a great move as whilst his minutes doesn't necessarily need to reduce he can be used as more of an impact player rather than a starter therefore have the energy to keep up with Draper once both are on the floor at the same time as Draper took him to school 2 weeks ago.
*Not the best of reasons here but both the Bullets and Tigers have shown already this season that the teams in the upper echleon will have slight form slumps this seasons. The Kings are coming off a very physical Wildcats team and now 3 days later have to back up in another hostile environment against a very hungry & desperate championship contender who also have the tools in their roster to make this into a very physical affair.

Under play is a bit of a no brainer - this really is playoff type game in a regular season.

A couple more plays to follow shortly.

Razorbacks +1.5 over Sixers (5)

o204.5 Sixers v Razorbacks (3)

Why are the Sixers even favourites in this one? Nothing is seemingly going right for them, players within their team horribly out of form and their offense basically being carried by a banged up Ballinger without the presence of Maher. The Pigs have been very up and down themselves over the past 2 weeks but are still realistically in the hunt for a playoff spot. Matt Knight and Rampton should do enough to limit Ballinger tonight and with Hinson getting a confidence boosting performance against the Slingers mid week the Pigs should have too much for the Sixers tonight.

Jesus lost on all my plays except the over in Adelaide. Not the best way to end the round for me.

Back a bit later to update the record.

Back