Rod's NBL Round 1

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
All my plays are 5 units unless stated otherwise this season

Two for the opening night, first tips off in around 12 hours time with the other in 14 hours in Singapore.

o209.5 Blaze v Bullets

Tigers -12.5 over Slingers

:shake:

ha i remember this league, christ almighty. Talk about score fest in some of these games, and to think the Phoenix Suns were the only team that knew how to score 120 a game

Thanks T-Mike

Yeah "overs' were hitting at a crazy rate last season, especially early on. It kind of levelled out towards the end though.

Just playing the total for the game in NZ, at least 5-8 points too high IMO.

In terms of side can't get a read of this Breakers team especially their imports as I have never heard or seen them play. No Mee for the Snakes is enough to lay off coupled with the team's historic problems in playing on the road.

This one goes in 11 hours:

u203.5 Breakers v Taipans

On to friday night and I was not initially intending to play but had a change of heart.

Hawks have had undergone the most change in terms of their roster during the offseason with 9 changes all up, losing franchise player Saville and their two American imports Groves and Ballinger. They've picked up two solid imports in Franklin and Peters this season however are very light on in terms of depth especially in their frontcourt. Most of their players have come from other clubs as role players and not asked to play as starters, at best they are of ABA standard. They went 2-3 in the preseason and showed they will be competitive for most of the game but their lack of depth will ultimately hurt them in games. Expect them to compete for the first half similar to the Blaze in opening night but fall away in the second half. 36ers have a clear advantage in the frontline tonight, Hawks will get killed on the boards IMO.

Tip off in around 7hr 30min from now:

Adelaide 36ers -8 over Hawks

Agreed. Ballinger should have a good game against his former team. What do you think about the total? 36ers last year were a team to play the over most times, but with all the new players think that will change?

Agreed. Ballinger should have a good game against his former team. What do you think about the total? 36ers last year were a team to play the over most times, but with all the new players think that will change?

I'm seeing a total of 199.5, which is probably too high IMO given the Sixers themselves have had few changes to their roster. Won't be suprised if this is a bit of a scrappy affair, however I just don't see where the Hawks offense is going to come from outside their two imports.

Well at least I get my first moose of the season out of the way, Sixers had that in the bag and then Hawks get the backdoor and lose by 7.

Will have a couple of plays for Saturday night, back in a bit.

Settled with one for tonight. Hawks showed last night against the Sixers that they are going to bringing up the rear of the table this season and struggled against the Sixers talls. With two of the best big men in the league in Anstey and Muursepp the Tigers will have this game won by HT. Not even a backdoor cover will screw this up for me as Tigers have one of the deepest rosters in the league

Tigers -14.5 over Hawks (8)

Well the Hawks fuck me over again with another garbage time cover with the Tigers winning by 12, them the breaks. Lesson learnt on my part, not going to lay double digits for the first month of the season.

No play for me on Sunday

YTD (3-2-0) +0.5 units

Back for Round 2 in a couple of days time.

Back