Rod's NBA Tuesday

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Reg Season (158-117-4) +167.62 units

Wizards -3.5 v Raptors (7)

The Wizards owe the Raptors tonight after dropping a pair of games to them already this season. Although the Wizards have only managed to beat some poor opposition by the one point in their last 2 games, I'll put it down more to to reintroduction of both Butler and especially Jamison who was coming back from a lengthy injury layoff. Both were able to contribute on Sunday to ease the offensive load on Arenas against the Warriors combing for 38 points. Both will better for the games under their belt. It's also fair to say the novelty value of the Raptors has finally ended, after coming off a home loss against a team who had nothing but pride to play for in the Bucks and then getting pasted by the Cavs on the road.

Hopefully Bargnani isn't able to suit up tonight, I'm amazed to even hear he was a chance to play tonight given he only left for Italy a few days ago and is only scheduled to arrive back before the game. For those who don't know, flying from Rome to the East coast of the states is around 8 hours, how on earth will he be effective at all even if he does play?

One reason for the Raptors recent success has been the way Bosh has been able to beat the opposition's double team by finding the open Parker (who obviously isn't playing tonight) or Bargnani at the top of the key to knock in the easy jumper - don't underestimate the Italian's importance to this team especially over the past couple of months....

:shake:

saw this

Toronto (F) Bargnani OUT; Washington (C) Haywood Questionable

just read this in the Toronto Star

But the past two losses have highlighted absent strengths, specifically the essential nature of the contributions of Parker, who has missed both games with a sprained ankle that continues to sideline him, and Bargnani, who missed Saturday's blowout in Cleveland to visit his ill grandfather in Italy and is expected to join the team in Washington for tonight's game with the Wizards.

I'm on it too. Parker is a very important ingredient to this team. He's quite versatile (shoot the 3, mid-range jumper, fadeaway, drive and dunk, excellent defense, and has a higher FG%). This might not be well accepted, but in my opinion, I think he is more valuable than Bosh. Bargnani' flight will definitely have an effect on him should he suit up, but regardless, this Wizard team should have its way with the Raptors.

Good luck Rod.

Sweep them up tonight - Jailblazers unlucky to have lost but that is what separates the good teams with the bad :shake:

Back