Rod's NBA Saturday

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Roller coaster night last night, onto tonight.

Raptors +3 over Wizards (3)

Teams have started to figure out the Wizards post Arenas - swarm both Jamison and Butler and the Wizards offense offers very little outside the 2. Their last two games have seen their opponents throw more bodies at the 2 and as a result the offensive output of both players have dropped, no suprises then that the Wizards overall scoring has fallen to 89 PPG.

The Raptors have started to click defensively over the past 3 games W streak holding their opponent to 83.7 PPG over that stretch. The absence of Bosh is obviously a blow but if anything it allows the other Raptors players to share the ball more on offense as invariably they look to Bosh on the majority of the offensive sets whenever he starts. I'll raise this play a couple of units if I get confirmation of Ford's participation in this game, even 15 minutes off the bench similar to last night.

Pistons -4 over Bucks (4)

Bucks playing 4/5 tonight and whilst at home where they have started the season strongly are coming off a morale deflating loss at MSG last night and now have to face a rested and healthy Stones team. I know games are not won on paper but is there actually any position than perhaps SG that the Bucks have an advantage in over this Pistons team? Off a decent rest got to like my chances of the Pistons starting to get something going on the road this season.

Hornets +3.5 over Mavs (3)

u193.5 Hornets v Mavs (2)

I can't be laying points on the road with this Mavs team right now given their 3-4 SU record this season, especially not against a solid defensive Hornets team with both CP and Pargo providing real drive at PG in offense. I'm aware of the whole the longest winning streak in American sport right now - 8 years, 21 games that the Mavs franchise have had over the Hornets and that stat has no relevance other than the fact that it would be driven down the players throats through the media. I love the fact that Scott called out his team for quitting the last time these two teams played in March, referring to this current streak as more of a mental thing "I think they saw a mountain that couldn't be moved, they said, We can't even push it. It's not going anywhere.' I don't care if it can be moved or not. You keep pushing. You keep trying to move it. We stopped"

My only conern is that the Mavs' are a sleeping giant, they can not continue to shoot this poorly, coupled with the lack of home support the Hornets HCA really is minimal for them, their record at home suggests that so far this season.

I may even add a couple more plays later :pillow:

Like the Hornets and the Pistons at first glance but I think I'll skip tonight's action.

GL Rod :shake: :cheers:

I've got a sizeable middle to play with in the Stones game so will take a shot. Nothing crazy though as I still want to make money out of this game as I don't see the Bucks covering the initial spread now.

Bucks -2.5 2H over Pistons (1.5)

Taking a look at the Bulls/Bobcats 2H lines and who can actually trust the jump shooters right now? I still have a feeling they put the pussies to the sword though but it will be on the back of some perimeter D, something which I'm sure a few people will remind them of after that 2Q.

u91.5 Bulls v Bobcats 2H (1.5)

Bulls -4.5 over Bobcats 2H (2)

I agree Rod. The Pistons also have NJ on deck tomorrow, if they're up by 10 until the last few mins I don't think they'll care enough for a blowout.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I'm putting 4 of my units (out of 10 max) on Bucks -3 2nd H (2.11)

Also took Bulls -4 (1.82) 2nd H. 4 units.

GL to us buddy. :shake:

I've noticed we've had similar problems lately, tough narrow losses (well I also have blowout losses which follow so it's double trouble) Here's to turning it around and going on a run :cheers:

Go Bulls & Bucks (but not too much) :D

hope Bucks don't quit on us...I doubt it though, they're at home they would want to make this loss more bearable

65-84 end 3rd...

If they got any pride left they will at least lose by 10.

Pistons should give starters some rest me thinks, game tomorrow.

Money w/ the Pistons, Stingers, Bulls 2H, Bulls 2H under

Lost w/ the Raps, under in NO, Bucks 2H

Just the over pending in Sacramento for the night

Back