Rod's NBA Saturday

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
Reg Season (163-119-4) +175.65 units

Pacers -3 v Sixers (7)

Backs to the wall for the Pacers both on and off the court - fans suing their macot, crowds have dipped, tonight they are without two leading players and they are on the back of a 7 game losing streak. Whilst it may seem there are elements of this pick that are down to the "Pacers are due" theory there are a couple of other reasons I do like the home team tonight:
* Sixers are playing their 3rd game in 4 night against a well rested alebit undermanned home team. On the face of it who cares, but IMO this is a important point as throughtout their homestand Cheeks has been essentially using an extremely tight 7 man rotation with all the starters clocking some serious minute. It got the job done at home but now on the B2b on the road....
*Important to make the distinction of their play at home as opposed to the road. It's very easy to jump on the bandwagon of a team that is coming off a 6 game winning homestand but that does not mask the fact that this team is 8-23 on the road this season which is the worst record in the Eastern Conference.
* There is one team tonight that has a legitmate shot of making the playoffs IMO and it is the Pacers - give me the desperate home team laying only a few points in this scenario all the time.

:shake:

Wow!! Big play rod!
I have just started betting on nba recently and obviously u are much more experienced and successful at this .
But i am wondering, what is your take on pacers w/o jermaine and possibly tinsley out tonight?

Actually Pacers have some depth, not like they're gonna be roll over now when they're undermanned :D. Rod's pick makes sense, but I still don't feel comfortable laying ANY points (even if it's a small number like this) on a team like the Pacers, not like they weren't desperate 2,3 or 4 games ago, and they still kept losing.

Something's rotten there and frankly I wouldn't back them until they get some boost and prove me they are for real, and can still win games.

So I'm on the other side (4 units on Philly ML), one of us will hit, the beer is on the winner my man.

:cheers: GL

Hey Rod... tough break in the pacers game... better luck tmw

PS... i saw what ppl said to you on covers... dont listen to their smack... just do what u have always been doing and that is pick winners..

GL

No dice tonight with the Pacers, the young rotation players coudn't pull it off - congrats to the Sixers backers :shake:

I'm taking a bit of a break in posting NBA plays especially given some other sports I focus on is just starting up now. I'll try and chip in every now and again in other threads. There is definitely some good discussion which goes on around here which seems to be rare on message boards these days which is unfortunate.

In the meantime WNBA is just around the corner, better check out the team news, trades and their draft now
:an_roll_laugh:

Hey Rod... tough break in the pacers game... better luck tmw

PS... i saw what ppl said to you on covers... dont listen to their smack... just do what u have always been doing and that is pick winners..

GL

Yeah that shit just gets tiring after a while, just glad none of that rubbish takes place here.

In the meantime WNBA is just around the corner, better check out the team news, trades and their draft now :an_roll_laugh:

Have never bet wnba before ... How does it compare to the mens stuff in terms of consistency and "cap-ability" ...? :smiley_acbk:

Hope the bosses for my internship don't check my WNBA sites i have visitied, because i will be betting on it all during summer, lol.

Back