Rod's NBA Monday

rod_steel

Have an adequate day
A season defining 2 game home stretch for the Bobcats IMO starting with the Raptors tonight. Currently 1.5 games outside the #8 seed in the East where previously they were one of the hottest teams in the league a week ago where they were 6-0 SU/ATS before going 0-3 SU/ATS starting with the game against the Spurs in TX. Think that game in Minnesota really was a spot where it all caught up to them, came out flat from the start and never really recovered.

So now they get a chance to play 2 sub 0.500 teams to kick start their post season charge, Raptors had their first win in nearly 3 weeks yesterday afternoon and the Kings can't win on the road against the Eastern conference.

Bobcats ATS record since 1 Jan 2009 against sub 0.500 teams is as follows:

Jan 2 @ Bucks Lost 75 - 103 (+6.5) LOSS
Jan 3 v Bucks Won 102 - 92 (-1.5) WIN
Jan 10 @ Wizards Won 92 - 89 (+3.5) WIN
Jan 21 v Grizzlies Won 101 - 86 (-6) WIN
Jan 25 @ Pacers Lost 93 - 98 (+5) PUSH
Feb 9 v Clippers Won 94 - 73 (-1) WIN
Feb 11 v Wizards Won 101 - 89 (-8) WIN
Feb 18 v Pacers Won 103 - 94 (-5) WIN
Feb 25 @ Kings Won 98 - 91 (-3) WIN
Feb 27 @ Warriors Won 112 - 109 (+2) WIN
Mar 3 v Bulls Won 96 - 80 (-3) WIN
Mar 7 @ Knicks Won 114 - 105 (+3.5) WIN
Mar 14 @ T-Wolves Lost 100 - 108 (-5.5) LOSS

You can construe statistics anyway you want to suit yourself, people can accuse me of doing that with respect to the above but my point here is simple. The Bobcats are a team that when up against an opponent they are expected to be competitive against, actually follow through with it more often than not.

Bobcats -7.5 over Raptors

First of a 2 part series, will take a look at the line against the Kings and play the Bobcats in that spot as well.

:cheers:

I backed the Bobcats against the Wolves the other day thinking the same thing, but was wrong. They were no longer the hunter, they were the hunted and it didnt suit them. They were undervalued, but the books are catching on.

The did well when they were undervalued, now I think the opposite is will happen for the short term. The will win games, but close. I originally was not touching the side, but 7.5 was too much.

The ACC was rocking, the players were smiling and those to things have rarely happened this year. Confidence is a scary thing.

But, I do believe the Bobcats roll the Kings and probably win in Toronto.

Good post . I think Char problem recently is alot of scheduling and opponent . Since the break they played a pretty rough schedule with not that much rest . Go out West and since they have come home havent had many easy games .

I think the line is to high but also think Raps cant be trusted on the road..BOL:cheers:

I backed the Bobcats against the Wolves the other day thinking the same thing, but was wrong. They were no longer the hunter, they were the hunted and it didnt suit them. They were undervalued, but the books are catching on.

The did well when they were undervalued, now I think the opposite is will happen for the short term. The will win games, but close. I originally was not touching the side, but 7.5 was too much.

The ACC was rocking, the players were smiling and those to things have rarely happened this year. Confidence is a scary thing.

But, I do believe the Bobcats roll the Kings and probably win in Toronto.

You think the Raps win tonight but lose at the aforementioned rocking ACC to these same Bobcats?????
And if they don't win - I agree with Nut that ON THE ROAD the Raps know how to lose BIG.........
I'm really torn on this one as both teams need to win.

You think the Raps win tonight but lose at the aforementioned rocking ACC to these same Bobcats?????
And if they don't win - I agree with Nut that ON THE ROAD the Raps know how to lose BIG.........
I'm really torn on this one as both teams need to win.

The Raps are a mentally fragile team. Ive never seen a team complain so much about home crowd support. If they cant win today on an emotional high, then they wont win in Toronto. Raps are NOT a good team when seeking revenge.

Nice call . I messed it up a tad had Raps 1st H and over and Bobcats for the game. Have a feeling they make the Kings number to high like -11...

Back